Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

• In Technicolor!

Re: Does the Laugh Floor fit in???

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    I'd like to just point out that the idea of traveling through space like driving in your car is still a futurist idea.

Aliens like Stitch, outer galaxy space rangers and villains like Buzz Lightyear, etc... since nothing like that has yet to happen, it's futuristic. It's an idea that's been around for ages, but it doesn't mean it's "presentday". (buzz lightyear attraction is flawed though for having an etch-a-sketch... making it very much in the present).

So right now, Indy Speedway is the only thing outdated. Monsters Inc... is just there. It really does belong at MGM Studios if anywhere.
    While I agree that traveling through space like driving in your car is still a futurist idea, that's not the theme of anything in Tomorrowland. In Space Mountain, I'm lining up for a ride through outer space - no driving involved; and more to the point, no mention of it being a futuristic experience. TTA does a better job of 'futurizing' the experience with its voice reel.

While Stitch and Buzz (who is decidely not a villian ) have indeed not 'happened', they are not themed as the future. They are fantasy space characters.
    These are the games that never end.

They should rename it "Spaceland." A bit oxymoronic, perhaps, but accurate . Maybe "Spaceportland."

Saying that anything which "hasn't happened" is futuristic isn't quite true; the TTA "hasn't happened" and it's hardly futuristic. For that matter, the discovery of a parallel universe of monsters hasn't happened, either - but it's not futuristic.

Tomorrowland's always been a thematic mess. MILF doesn't fit; neither do half the other attractions - even given a de facto theme of "Space" rather than "Tomorrow."

• In Technicolor!

They should rename it "Spaceland."
    ... or strive harder to find the themes that are really futuristic for us today.
    the TTA "hasn't happened" and it's hardly futuristic.
    True, but the TTA claims to be the transportation method of the future. Yes, we get the same pod-travel experience when we arrive at Orlando International Airport. Yes, it's no longer a thing of the future. But the TTA voice track still claims that it is.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ward View Post
    ... or strive harder to find the themes that are really futuristic for us today.
    That was tried at Disneyland. There aren't many fans of Innoventions

Quote Originally Posted by Ward View Post
    True, but the TTA claims to be the transportation method of the future. Yes, we get the same pod-travel experience when we arrive at Orlando International Airport. Yes, it's no longer a thing of the future. But the TTA voice track still claims that it is.
    Ah, but those all stop, unlike the continuous WEDway.

• In Technicolor!

That was tried at Disneyland. There aren't many fans of Innoventions
    You got that right. But I was meaning give us the good kind of futuristic themed attractions, not a product-placement sell-out.

Ah, but those all stop, unlike the continuous WEDway.
    You're still talking execution. I'm talking claims and promotions. I'm saying that the TTA is the only attraction that overtly claims to be futuristic, regardless of whether it is or not, or if it is continuous or not. [I even labeled it as such: "TTA - Futuristic theme, no longer futuristic"] It's overtly promoted as futuristic.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345