Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• I'm Engaged!!!!!

Does the Laugh Floor fit in???

Ok, I know a lot of people don't like pixar and movie-based attractions. But, I'm wondering does the laugh floor comedy club fit into tommorrowland?? I understand that there is nothing futuristic about Monsters Inc. but the attraction is a showcase of the latest technology from WDI and isn't that what tommorrowland was originally supposed to be?

• In Technicolor!

Re: Does the Laugh Floor fit in???

Nice idea, but it was always the theming that was supposed to be futuristic, not necessarialy the technology behind it. Carousel of Progress showed where technology might take us in the next century. In Tomorrowland, we should be transported to a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow, not a Great Comedic Failure in Monstropolis.
    These are the games that never end.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

The only thing I can think of is Monster's kind of showcases the ability to travel between worlds, that's kind of futuristic, I guess...

There is a lot about Tomorrowland I just don't agree with but I think its been clear for a long time that the overall theme has been lost.

• I'm Engaged!!!!!

Good point Ward, I think I'm just trying to justify an attraction that truthfully doesnt belong

• In Technicolor!

Even Stitch's Awful Adventure would sort-of get a "place-making" pass since it's about an alien, and aliens usually come from outer-space.

[Ward's slightly off-topic personal opinion:
    I wouldn't wish either thing (the Stitch waste of 12 minutes, or the Monster's Inc waste of 22 minutes) on my worst enemy.]

• Banned User

if only they kept the better placed city themed area the building was when it was time keeper...

wasn't it the expo-hall?

if so, they could have used that better with the first part of the queue to better use the idea of monsters using our laughter as an alternative energy.... and demonstrating their technology to us to get us there...

but they cheapened out a little.. but the idea could still be worked in easily.

• Attn. Space Travelers....

i dont think it fits the theme of tomorrowland at all....there is/was nothing futuristic about Monsters Inc.....

The Timekeeper fit in much better as its theme was time travel, which is ideally something many people expect to find in the future....

I dont much care for MILF anyways, bt it really just doesnt fit....SGE doesnt quite fit either, but at least it deals with alien life and futuristic teleportation devices, so it has something over MILF...

I say give MILF the axe and put back Timekeeper!!!
    Blast Off Into Adventure!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheRockr View Post
    Space Junk once taught Peter Pan how to do Mick Jagger's famous strut.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wishesjake View Post
    Ok, I know a lot of people don't like pixar and movie-based attractions. But, I'm wondering does the laugh floor comedy club fit into tommorrowland?? I understand that there is nothing futuristic about Monsters Inc. but the attraction is a showcase of the latest technology from WDI and isn't that what tommorrowland was originally supposed to be?
    What exactly makes MILF a demonstration of the latest technology? Turtle Talk with Crush is two years older and, at least the DCA version, had much better animation.

• When Will It Return?

Laugh Floor : Tomorrowland :: Panda Express : Magic Mountain's Baja Ridge.

-- PMM

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

• We'll hold them at bay

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    What exactly makes MILF a demonstration of the latest technology? Turtle Talk with Crush is two years older and, at least the DCA version, had much better animation.
    hee hee hee....he said MILF.....hee hee hee
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

LOL. Milf. Hilarious.

I agree with you all. Monster's Inc. is totally out of sync with MK's Tomorrowland. The MI characters live more in Fantasyland than anywhere else.

Same for Monster's Inc... if you get my drift.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by Maxdad View Post
    LOL. Milf. Hilarious.

I agree with you all. Monster's Inc. is totally out of sync with MK's Tomorrowland. The MI characters live more in Fantasyland than anywhere else.

Same for Monster's Inc... if you get my drift.

Yah... and even Monsters Inc doesn't really fit into the world of Fantasyland either. Monsters, Inc is more modern based fantasy... so if that's what they're trying to achieve in Tomorrowland, then I suppose it fits. But it's a stretch.

Disneyland threads will no doubt ask the question again and again whether or not Finding Nemo are Tomorrowland too.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Well, at least Monsters are creatures of bizarre fantasy, as opposed to beings from a future development. Tomorrowland was intended to be a showcase for tomorrow... not a dumping ground for freaks.

Is this attraction popularly received? The concept just sounds so bizarre.

• Attn. Space Travelers....

Well, at least Monsters are creatures of bizarre fantasy, as opposed to beings from a future development. Tomorrowland was intended to be a showcase for tomorrow... not a dumping ground for freaks.

well put !!!
    Blast Off Into Adventure!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheRockr View Post
    Space Junk once taught Peter Pan how to do Mick Jagger's famous strut.

• In Technicolor!

I read so much (negative) about the M:I Laugh Floor before seeing it, that I thought I'd have a hard time separating all that I had read from my own impression. Actually, I think the concept of a comedy club is pretty good - what more efficient way to capture our laughter for their electricty? There's a couple of flaws in the execution, though.

It seems odd that they transport us from the human world to the monster world, and yet we have to view the monsters through the jumbo screens. It would make more sense if the monsters were either costumed CMs or AA, performing on stage and/or walking amongst us. Turtle Talk works, in part, because Crush is in a tank, behind glass. If Turtle Talk transported us into the ocean, then the glass between us and Crush would be just as awkward as M:I Laugh Floor.

The other point where Turtle Talk differs from M:I Laugh Floor is that Crush plays to a much younger crowd. If Crush tells the same lame jokes and re-teaches us how to say D-u-u-u-u-d-e every single time, that's ok because the young kids love that repetetion. M:I Laugh Floor aims at too broad of an audience, and never really "hits" any of them.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast