Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WDW Buses

• I'll Break your Thumbs!!

WDW Buses

Hey real quick question... Are the WDW buses open to any person on the property that day? Or do you have to be a guest at one of the onsite hotels?

I am going down the end of may, and I am staying off property. I could have sworn that anyone can use it, but my friend just told me its for onsite guests only...

• Minion

Re: WDW Buses

The buses are for anyone.

In theory you would have to produce either a hotel key or a park ticket to show you are using the facilities, but I've never heard of them actually enforcing the rule
    ďAny sequel three or higher..... around number five they get a new cast, thatís when the magic really happens": Modern Family

• I'll Break your Thumbs!!

ok thanks... thats what I thought....

Unless I'm mistaken, if you have a valid park ticket for a given day, then you can use WDW transportation that same day. This includes monorails and buses. However, buses only run from parks to resorts and vice versa. If you want to take a bus from, say, MK to AK, you'd have to take a bus to a resort, then transfer to a different bus from that resort to AK. This could take upwards of an hour possibly. Then, you'd have to repeat the process at the end of your day, if you parked at the TTC or one of the other parking lots at the given parks.

Buses are accessable to non-resort, park guests, but they aren't very practicle compared to simply getting in your car and driving to another park, where parking is free with your receipt from another Disney parking lot.

• She was sweet as a peach

I think anyone on property can use the busses. We have used it with out staying on property and have never had a problem.

• Disneyholic

Quote Originally Posted by ganggreen4jc View Post
    Unless I'm mistaken, if you have a valid park ticket for a given day, then you can use WDW transportation that same day. This includes monorails and buses. However, buses only run from parks to resorts and vice versa. If you want to take a bus from, say, MK to AK, you'd have to take a bus to a resort, then transfer to a different bus from that resort to AK. This could take upwards of an hour possibly. Then, you'd have to repeat the process at the end of your day, if you parked at the TTC or one of the other parking lots at the given parks.

Buses are accessable to non-resort, park guests, but they aren't very practicle compared to simply getting in your car and driving to another park, where parking is free with your receipt from another Disney parking lot.
    Not so sure about that, last time I was there I recall them going to different theme parks, downtown Disney and the TTC as well as resorts... I could be mistaken though.
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

• Pixiedust?

You could take the monorail from Epcot or the Magic Kingdom to the TTC and catch a bus from there to another park.

.. a dream is a wish your heart makes

Quote Originally Posted by Jerren View Post
    Not so sure about that, last time I was there I recall them going to different theme parks, downtown Disney and the TTC as well as resorts... I could be mistaken though.

All buses are "Resort" buses. Designed for use by Disney resort guests to use as a complimentary service to and from the various theme parks, DTD and water parks. The buses do not go from "park-to-park. Only "resort-to-park-to-resort." The only "park-to-park" transportation is the Monorail between Epcot and MK.

• Yes?

All buses are "Resort" buses. Designed for use by Disney resort guests to use as a complimentary service to and from the various theme parks, DTD and water parks. The buses do not go from "park-to-park. Only "resort-to-park-to-resort." The only "park-to-park" transportation is the Monorail between Epcot and MK.
    Actually, it depends on the park you are in and where you want to go. For example, there is a bus from Animal Kingdom directly to MGM. But if you want to go from Animal Kingdom to Magic Kingdom then you have to go to the TTC first, which I'm pretty sure is the rule when dealing with any park- to- park bus from another park to Magic Kingdom. There is also a boat that goes directly from MGM to Epcot. So not all modes of transportation inside of WDW are "resort-to-park-to resort". It just depends on what park you are in and what your destination park is.
    Quote Originally Posted by larasound View Post
    am I the burrito man?

• I was deleted.

All guests are able to use the busses. You can use them to go to a resort, even if you aren't staying there - because of their dining and shopping locations. You don't have to show any ID or hotel key to use them. You should have a park ticket though, or else you won't get very far.

• Banned User

I believe you are mistaken,

Their are bus routes that take you from the Disney-MGM-studios to the other parks, as well from Disney's Animal Kingdom to the other parks. If your going to Magic kingdom the buses take you to the transportation and ticket center first then you take the ferryboat or monorail over.

Buses are free to use, as long as you have business there.

That's not true. As of January 2007, there are buses that run between Animal Kingom to Epcot, TTC, and DMGM. From DMGM to Epcot, TTC, and AK. From TTC to Animal Kingdom and DMGM. From Epcot to DMGM and AK. The one place that you cannot go to from a park is Downtown Disney, because of parking issues. Also, if there is a direct connection between a resort and a park, there is no bus to connect them. For example, there is no bus between the TTC and the Poly, Contemporary, GF, or Wilderness Lodge. At Epcot, there is no bus to the Swan, Dolphin, Yacht and Beach Clubs, or Boardwalk.

Other than that, you can get anywhere you need to by monorail, bus, or boat.
    In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate.

DoppelV

hey if you guys are staying at one of the All Stars hotels when MK close . Expect Long lines to ride on the bus because there is only one bus for the three hotels .

I don't know the way how it is managed but their dispatch don't have any cameras at the Bus Stop to send more buses when lines are HUGE .

Also i can't understand why there is no bus services from TTC or Theme Parks to DownTown Disney .

i heard that all buses will get a new sound system with automatic spiels ? If it's true that will be sad because i like drivers have some jokes etc....

• Banned User

there is a boat that goes from epcot to mgm via yacht and beach club and swan and dolphin. if you learn the transportation routes, it's easy to get around the property.

• Attn. Space Travelers....

the busses are always free!! they dont question you if youre staying on property....ever.

Funny fact...most of the Disney Transport busses are called Roswell busses (the older flat fronted ones). They were manufactured in Roswell, NM and rarely break down compared to their much newer counterparts.....alien technology perhaps??? hmmmmmmmm........
    Blast Off Into Adventure!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheRockr View Post
    Space Junk once taught Peter Pan how to do Mick Jagger's famous strut.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast