Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Recap for 9 fabulous days in the world

Here we go I have been back to normal for 2 weeks now and I am just getting back to reality. That is what I love about Disney, the ability to transport me to a wonderful place in my mind. So I have a LONG recap on our trip but I will break it down, maybe you will take away some of the wonderful tips I used.

Quick Overview:
    We stayed at the CBR which is beautiful!! Yes it is large but the landscaping is great, and the theming made me feel like we were in a tropical paradise.
    I used the unofficial guide touring plans, they helped but we did not follow them completely. I think we did good, we used lots of fastpasses, and did not stand in line for more then 20 minutes.
    We made it every morning to park opening, it was amazing how much you can do in the first 2 hours.
    We "tried" to not go commando but the family was really willing to go all day, we did try to get a little pool break, but that only happened maybe 4 days.
    We loved WDW thought it was great, but I think we are all Disneylanders at heart!

This one time on Friends . . .

Re: Recap for 9 fabulous days in the world

Day 1 arrive at 6:02 am after a horrible red eye flight on US airway in an “old” plane. But who cares we were in WDW!!!!

Got to the CBR pre-checked in and put on new clothes and caught the bus to the Magic Kingdom. Being a DLer it was fun to see the differences but also it was neat that it felt familiar! Finally our whole party (7 family members) met up at noon and headed to Space Mountain. We had been collecting fast passes in the morning. I love that you can return later then the fast pass window in the ticket this trick saved us a TON of time. At 3 we left to get back to the hotel get into our rooms and receive our grocery delivery. We had ordered booze from Marge at wegoshop.com. It was fantastic we had margaritas and beer for the whole party, this little trick saved us a ton of money and made our afternoons at the hotel very relaxing.

We did some swimming, lounging, and napping and then we headed over to the AKL for dinner at Boma. The hotel is fantastic and the grounds are even better, while waiting for our table we got some time to talk to some of the CM about the savannah they are so knowable and willing to share. We LOVED the selection of food it was fun to try it all. After dinner we went out past the pool and got to try the night vision goggles, we did not see anything but it was really neat to look through them. It was a great first day!
    Last edited by DisneylandPlanner; 05-10-2007 at 10:00 AM. Reason: messing with the pictures

Day 2 up bright and early and headed over to Epcot. The topiaries are wonderful!

Started in Future World on one of our favorite rides Test Track!! It was great my nephew loved it. We did Mission Space I did the green side and was glad I did it, it was fun but intense enough for me. I got to hear about the orange side from the rest of the family. We made our way to World Showcase for lunch in Mexico this was the busiest we saw the parks. I also found out why people at WDW do not enjoy churros like the DL group. They are terrible, disgusting cardboard with a ton of cinnamon and sugar glued to them. After lunch we explored Mexico, Norway, and China and then took a break before our birthday celebration at Rose and Crown!! We had a great dinner and server with Stephanie. The view for illuminations was fantastic; it was a great birthday dinner for my BIL! This was the tip of the day, I recommend the dinner reservation for illuminations.

We went to DTD it was busy and crazy with shirtless teen boys it was not what we expected so we got back on the bus and went to the hotel

Day 3 time for Disney Studios. We hit the big 2 right away rockin roller coaster and TOT what a way to get the day going.

Then we rode the Great Movie Ride which I loved, the CM were not the best in acting but the ride itself is great, I could only imagine if you got some really good actors how fantastic this ride is. We made our lunch reservations at 50’s Prime Time Diner, with Aunt Linda!! We had a blast, my Mother called during our meal and Aunt Linda went crazy when I told her it was my mom she said “She should know better then to call during your meal.” It was fun.

I volunteered for the backlot tour and got soaked but it really made the day fun. I recommend the Narnia walk through and Walt’s One Man’s Dream. To end the day I learned how to draw Pluto which was fun, it did not look like Pluto but it was fun. We headed to Fantasmic and my sister got us great seats right in the middle about 5th row. I had made the decision to pass on the Fantasmic dinner package and after seeing the seating I was glad I did. We got there maybe a half an hour before the show and the theater was filling but there were plenty of seats to be found. It was a little misty down there but the show was really neat.

Day 4 finish up the 4 with Animal Kingdom. This park is really neat. We started in Dinoland with Dinosaurs and primeval whirl we were not really excited about either so we left Dinoland to never return. Then we hit Expedition Everest which was awesome you need to do it at least twice to understand how neat to is or you can do it 6 times which is what we did.

Africa was next were I danced with the drummers which was sooooo much fun!!

I recommend tapping your foot to the music and volunteering so you can shake your groove thing. We spent some time under the tree of life and loved the safari. The only thing I would have passed on was Lion King, but the line for the Nemo show was crazy!! I bet it is good but we did not see it. That night we went back to Epcot for dinner at the Coral Reef!! I had called ahead for the dive banner for my nephew they had a special menu for him with some pictures on it I sent them.

This just made our dinner so special even though we had our worst server. Our meal was great and what was really neat is when we left the park was empty so we got some great shots of the park. I recommend that you eat late and then you get to see the parks in empty.

Day 5 Time to go back to the Magic Kingdom. We get a whole day at the Magic Kingdom we scooted around the park and had a wonderful time. We went to the Hall of Presidents which was great. We also saw Mickey’s Pillharmagic, they need to bring that is Disneyland it was awesome!!! The other shocker was Pooh, which is so much fun, the story actually made sense. I loved when we bounced like Tigger. The best part of the day was a trip on the people movers that took us into a light up Space Mountain!!!

It was awesome, it took us awhile to realize what was happening. But once we did we were so impressed. Then we went back to the hotel to get ready for our dinner at . . . . . California Grill at the Contemporary. There is a great photo location out by the pool with Mickey sitting on top of Mickey ears. We got a great group photo.

We had awesome, awesome, awesome dinner!!!!! We had the perfect view of the castle and the fireworks it was a very memorable night.

Also we had a great waiter Jeff he really went above and beyond. The whole night was perfect!

Day 6 2 of our party say goodbye today and 3 go to Cape Canaveral for the day.

So we spent the day in the World Showcase and at Disney Studios. Today was the only day we had trouble finding a vegetarian option at the Electric Umbrella; they have nothing not even veggie patties for the burgers. We spent a lot of time in the seas we got to see the dolphin show which really cool. Then we went to Disney Studios and had a great time walking around and even went back to see One Man’s Dream again, I told you I loved it. Then we walked back to the world showcase, which was neat, we saw lizards, rabbits, and bird and got to see the boardwalk area. When we got the world showcase we got to catch Off Kilter in Canada, they are great!! I bought a CD and since I have gotten home I listen to it at least twice a day. I am going to have to buy a new one. We had dinner reservations at Biergarten; the food was good, authentic, and full of meat! My husband loved the meat salad. J We were too late for the show I would have liked to have seen that. But our waitress was nice and very informative so it was a good evening.

Day 7 Today we start with EMH at Magic Kingdomand made it for the opening show which was fun. We made our way to Fantasyland and took in some of the rides before making our way to the Harmony Barber Shop.

My nephew got his hair cut and the decorated the back with a blue Mickey and spiked the top with blue and topped it off the pixie dust. It was awesome!! Another really good tip. After that we got on the boat and went to the Grand Floridian for the Mary Poppins character breakfast, she is my favorite! I got Mary all to myself, and I got to impress her with my ability to say supercalifragilisticexpialidocious backwards.

So this made my trip I got a ton of pictures with her and I also got to wear my practically perfect shirt, which she loved! Then it was off on the monorail to Epcot to meet figment and ride test track again. Then we took a break with a pizza, margarita, and a dip in the pool, ahhhhh perfect! Then it was time to get ready for dinner at the Kona Café at the Polynesian. We took the bus to the MK and then the boat again. I loved riding the boat it was beautiful out and the sun was setting it was very romantic. Dining was very nice and dessert was even better! The Polynesian really is a pretty resort. We then made our way back to MK to watch Spectromagic. I do not know it I was tired or too freaked out but the white face things at the beginning but I did not like this parade as much as I thought I would. But we had a great view of the 11:30 show so we really got to see it. The park felt empty over in Frontierland. We did get a night ride on the jungle cruise before the parade and I think the jungle cruise is always better at night.

Day 8 Today we went to Universal Studios and Island of Adventure. We got there at opening and went to IOA first, walked right onto Hulk which was soooo thrilling. Then Spiderman and then the big mistake or our best move depends on how you look at it. We went to Popeye and Bluto’s ride and got SOAKED!!!! We could not have been more wet if we jumped into a pool. With smiles on we followed it with ripsaw and Jurassic park. We figured we were already wet so it really did not matter and it was fun. I would have liked to have done the Pteranodon Flyers but the wait was 70min we should have done that earlier. So it was time to go to US. I loved the Mummy and celebrity animal show, everything else was just not my cup of tea. Overall US was fun and a nice change, but if you do not like simulators do not go. They are not my favorite so I was not too hip on Jimmy Neutron, Spiderman, or MIB. But if you want to get wet, soaked, drenched this is the place. We went back to the hotel for swimming of all things. Then we went back to Epcot for EMH it was neat after illumination the park started emptying out. But there was still a HUGE line for test track so I never did get to ride it at night. Oh well the fish and chips for dinner were great!

Day 9 the last day L so of course we spent it at Magic Kingdom.

We had a great time. Got to do our favorites it was the ideal end. I recommend if you have a counter service left, we went to the Main Street Bakery; they have sandwiches in plastic wrap so we took them and ate them at the airport. The magical express ride was nice, but I was exhausted I slept the whole ride, that is the sign of a wonderful vacation!

• Too far from Disney World

Aw!!! Looks like you had a wonderful trip!!! Thanks for sharing!!!!
    With great pride: Disney Store Cast Member August 2011-Present

D23 Charter Member - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

WDW Trips: June 2012, 2010, 2008, 2007, 1997, 1996, 1994

• Circle of Ancients

Awesome TR. Glad you had an awesome time!!!

• Minion

Great report and pics! It sounds like you had a well rounded trip to the world.
    I want my cake back!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

What a wonderful trip report, thanks for sharing.

• For You!

what's the dive banner? and can anyone do it? Great report - thanks.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• Sailing Away

Quote Originally Posted by DisneylandPlanner View Post
    There is a great photo location out by the pool with Mickey sitting on top of Mickey ears. We got a great group photo.
    I have my picture taken at that statue every trip! It's fun to look back at all the different trips with this one structure. It's great to see someone else enjoy it, too.

I love the TR and pictures. Thanks for sharing!
    "All our dreams can come true.....if we have the courage to pursue them."
    - Walt Disney

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast