Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Sock Puppet

Question What are some of the neat little things you have found at Disney to do??

This is my first day as a MiceChatter!! My family is going to WDW in October. We have been to Disney six times and we have done all the big things. On our last couple trips we have tried to look for things we haven't seen before. One such thing is the lady in Japan that makes animal candy. Another is the sketching at Disney animation in MGM. What are some of the neat little things you have found at Disney to do??

• Iron-Clad Allie

Re: What are some of the neat little things you have found at Disney to do??

I enjoy throwing little pennies into Snow White's neat little wishing well. I also like getting the neat little autographs of each of the seven dwarfs. It's fun to snack around a little at neat restaurants throughout Disneyland.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Jambo!

I'm always a fan of the Flag Retreat Ceremony on Main Street, and always look for the various little characters roaming around like Push, Pipa the Recycling Can, Wes Palm the Palm Tree and DeVine. Disney-MGM has some of the best "Streetmosphere" characters around.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I pitch pennies at the croc outside Rainforest Cafe at Downtown Disney. I also just like to sit and people watch for awhile. Can be quite entertaining sometimes!

• Sock Puppet

i love your dog pic.s! i am going to take my stuff cow!!!!
    to: aimster

• She was sweet as a peach

They do a Family parade a couple of times a day at Magic Kingdom. There is a spot on the right side of the circle in front of the castle where they will line people up and give them flags, hoops, etc. Clarabelle cow, Chip and Dale and a couple other characters participate. It is cute to watch and a lot of fun to participate in.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Number1Cowgirly View Post
    This is my first day as a MiceChatter!! My family is going to WDW in October. We have been to Disney six times and we have done all the big things. On our last couple trips we have tried to look for things we haven't seen before. One such thing is the lady in Japan that makes animal candy. Another is the sketching at Disney animation in MGM. What are some of the neat little things you have found at Disney to do??

I don't have but welcome to MiceChat!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    I enjoy throwing little pennies into Snow White's neat little wishing well. I also like getting the neat little autographs of each of the seven dwarfs. It's fun to snack around a little at neat restaurants throughout Disneyland.
    Just so you know, Number1Cowgirly, there isn't a Snow White wishing well at MK. For the record, though, I love throwing pennies into it at DL too!

My family (6 of us, including my mom, sister, grandma, aunt, and cousin...a good mix) really had a lot of fun playing mini golf at Winter Summerland a few years back. I really had to talk them into it, because they had a "we're in Disney World, why would we play mini golf?" attitude about it. We all ended up having a blast, and we still bring it up at family gatherings. Sure, it's mini golf, but it's mini golf Disney style, and anything "normal "that can be Disney-fied is more fun to me! What's nice about Winter Summerland is you can use Disney Transportation to get there (it's right next to Blizzard Beach). If you do that, though, make sure you are done before the last bus to BB leaves (makes it harder to go at night during off-peak seasons).

Welcome to Mice Chat and have a great time!
    "When entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible. Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic." -Sam Eagle

"I may have invented these bifocals I'm wearing, but I can assure you they're not rose-colored" -Ben Franklin, The American Adventure

• Purple Crates ♥

Quote Originally Posted by goofgeek View Post
    I'm always a fan of the Flag Retreat Ceremony on Main Street, and always look for the various little characters roaming around like Push, Pipa the Recycling Can, Wes Palm the Palm Tree and DeVine. Disney-MGM has some of the best "Streetmosphere" characters around.
    don't forget the Mayor of Main Street! I ran into him when i was there in December!

Quote Originally Posted by Number1Cowgirly View Post
    i love your dog pic.s! i am going to take my stuff cow!!!!
    to: aimster
    Thanks. I'm taking Wonderpup with me to WDW again next weekend for more adventures.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabres2006 View Post
    Just so you know, Number1Cowgirly, there isn't a Snow White wishing well at MK. For the record, though, I love throwing pennies into it at DL too!
    Maybe not, but Cinderella has one at MK.

• Yes?

We like to try to eat our way around Epcot....we get at least one thing to eat or drink in every country. It doesn't have to be big but it has to be something edible...even candy from Japan, Germany, or England. But I'd stay away from the margarita bar in Mexico...man those things are strong!
    Quote Originally Posted by larasound View Post
    am I the burrito man?

• Too far from Disney World

Quote Originally Posted by evilqueenrocks View Post
    We like to try to eat our way around Epcot....we get at least one thing to eat or drink in every country. It doesn't have to be big but it has to be something edible...even candy from Japan, Germany, or England. But I'd stay away from the margarita bar in Mexico...man those things are strong!
    What a great idea! I've heard of the drink in every country one, but that doesn't sound appealing to me with the hot sun!
    With great pride: Disney Store Cast Member August 2011-Present

D23 Charter Member - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

WDW Trips: June 2012, 2010, 2008, 2007, 1997, 1996, 1994

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Maybe not, but Cinderella has one at MK.
    Your'e right, there's a Cinderella fountain at MK. but I wouldn't consider it a "neat little thing to do." The Snow White well at DL is a wishing well just like the one in the movie, and is on a cute little, fairly tucked away, path with cool figures of SW and the 7 dwarfs that I believe are from Italy (someone has to know the whole story of those figures...I forgot, although I remember my tour guide CM saying that the Snow White figure is the same height as the dwarfs, so they had to put her at the top of the waterfall and use forced perspective to make her look taller than them), and when you throw money in (or just wait around) Snow White sings, and it sounds like her voice is coming out of the well. A lot different. IMO. Here's a pic:

I'm trying to picture Cinderella's...is that the fountain behind the castle in the smoking area? I can't really picture it for some reason. If it does something cool like Snow White's well, I'd love to know, since I've never gone over there (I have asthma and can't go near the smoking areas).

Oh, Number1Cowgirly, in addition to the Animation Academy, make sure to check out the other interactive exhibits in the post-show area. My family's all adults, but we love the thing with Ursula (not sure of what it's called) where you can say dialogue or sing songs from movies and watch it back with your voices coming from the characters. We always see kids having a great time with it, too. Some cool stuff down there.
    "When entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible. Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic." -Sam Eagle

"I may have invented these bifocals I'm wearing, but I can assure you they're not rose-colored" -Ben Franklin, The American Adventure

The Cinderella well is a wishing well too. It's on the path going from the castle to Tomorrowland/Cosmic Rays. I don't have any pics but I'll try to remember getting one when I go next weekend.

• Sock Puppet

What about the Boardwalk? We've never been there. What is the best way to get there?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast