Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Drunk On Disney

Do you get blisters at WDW? How do you care for 'em?

I have had a blister problem at WDW every single trip since I was a young teen. I have tried alternating pairs of sneakers, wearing two pairs of socks etc etc.

This trip I was planning on buying some "Cool Max" brand socks and using Gold Bond powder.

I also was told to bring "mole skin" (small pieces of a felt-like material that you cover existing blisters with) although I have never used it before and it seems too odd to work.

Any other blister sufferers out there? Any suggestions to avoid 'em?

Check out my podcast: www.drunkondisney.com

• World Traveler

Re: Do you get blisters at WDW? How do you care for 'em?

Do you walk a lot regularly? I walk every day for about 40 minutes and this seems to help.

• WDW Fant! Premiere Cast

This is going to sound really wierd but put Vaseline on the bottom and sides of your feet before you put on those cool max socks. It's a tip I got and have sworn by it every trip since.

• Circle of Ancients

The only time I've ever had a problem with Blisters was when we went to TX a few years back. But that was my own fault as I wore sandals to go to 4 TX parks in the middle of May and it was HOT.

My feet hurt for WEEKS afterwards.

I didn't have any issues when we went to WDW last October.

• Drunk On Disney

Quote Originally Posted by SorcererMickey View Post
    This is going to sound really wierd but put Vaseline on the bottom and sides of your feet before you put on those cool max socks. It's a tip I got and have sworn by it every trip since.
    I will try anything! I had heard this from other people, but I had also heard to put Gold Bond powder on to keep feet dry.

I only have the problem in WDW, never in Disneyland or Hollywood or anyplace else.

I do walk a decent amount every day at home (on a treadmill and at my job) but that doesn't seem to make any difference. My feet don't get sore... just blistered.

One thing I forgot to mention is that I have flat feet. Totally flat... no arches.

I think it's mostly because of the sheer amount of walking. The total distance is probably pretty amazing. I know we seem to be walking from around 7am till 11pm. When you exclude time sitting on attractions or at restaurants/shows it's still a whole lot of time on your feet.

I think it has something to do with the asphalt. The combination of the heat, dark color and texture with sometimes walking and sometimes standing in lines takes a toll on your feet. Even though the cool max socks are expensive, they are extremely worth it. Also, a tub of Vaseline (or generic brand) is under $2. That's the only thing that seems to work for me. I find I only get blisters at Disney parks, usually on the first day. Hope you have a great trip, blister free!

• Drunk On Disney

Quote Originally Posted by SorcererMickey View Post
    I think it has something to do with the asphalt. The combination of the heat, dark color and texture with sometimes walking and sometimes standing in lines takes a toll on your feet. Even though the cool max socks are expensive, they are extremely worth it. Also, a tub of Vaseline (or generic brand) is under $2. That's the only thing that seems to work for me. I find I only get blisters at Disney parks, usually on the first day. Hope you have a great trip, blister free!
    Thank you so very much!

• Banned User

Funny... I walk a lot at all Disney parks, and do intense cardio workouts (like plyometric jumps and steps) and never ever get blisters... Maybe you should try using a half size bigger shoes? Improper shoes (too tight etc) are the cause for blisters more than walking and stuff.

I think I get them because of how I stand in line. I have a bad back so I must adjust my position often. Last year at TDL I had one almost the entire size of the ball of one foot and my entire pinky toe. I forgot to grease up the feet that day. I'm fine on the treadmill and walking near my house. It seems to be the parks only. Now that I'm reading this it really must be how I stand in line.

Anyway, I hope you have a blister free trip and maybe on my next trip to TDR I'll run into you, TDLFan.

• Self Congratulative

There are ways to prevent blisters, yes. But sometimes they happen anyway.

I ALWAYS pack a few Dr. Scholl's moleskin sheets with me before I head out to the resort for an extended period of time. When a blister shows up, cut off a small piece of the sheet and put it over the blister. After 10 minutes, you don't feel it anymore and the sheet stops whatever is rubbing against it from creating more friction. It's unaffected by moisture as well so you don't have to worry about it coming off even if it's on the bottom of your foot.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Moleskin is great for blisters. If you think one is starting, or have a place where you usually get them, go ahead and put on the moleskin to prevent blisters. Duct tape also works well.

It all comes down to a well fitting shoe and keeping your feet dry. Bigger or multiple socks will make your feet hotter, and allow room for blister causing friction.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

If you're lazy, get the Band Aid brand blister band aids. They work fabulously and stay on.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• been away for a while

Carson City Nevada , no it's not near Vegas

dude , i get blisters if i even THINK about walking around WDW , what i did on my last trip was use some some "memory foam" insoles in my shoes. They saved my freaking life , my feet didn't even get sore for 8 full days of walking , much less getting any blisters , they were like $10 at Wal Mart i would highly recommend getting some

My Maleficent tattoo

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Get running socks, the kind with 2 layers. They really reduce any friction you might have inside your shoes.
    A signature should go here.

• Minion

ORWEN: Well, I've got SISTERS with blisters. But what bothers me the most is the idea of coming down with any more warts than I already have. I mean, to date, Orgoch's got the most--with Orddu coming in as a close second. I've only got 3 and I'd like to think they're well hidden. (If any of you sweet little ducklings out there think you see more, I hope you'll tell me so I can do something to get rid of them!)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast