Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19
  1. #1

    • Wish I was in WDW..
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Too far from WDW
    Posts
    485

    Coronado Springs?

    This summer I am staying at coronado springs on my trip to WDW. I have never stayed at Coronado Springs before, so I was wondering if anyone had an positive or negative feedback on it.



    Thanks



    -Nikki

  2. #2

    • Self Congratulative
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Glendale, CA
    Posts
    667

    Re: Coronado Springs?

    Don't be fooled by Disney's promotional pics and advertisements. The theme is good, but most of the moderate rooms are the same. Don't expect a deluxe out of it.

    That being said though, it is a good resort and you can find many ways to enjoy it. It has a quieter atmosphere than most of the moderates.

  3. #3

    • WDW Fant! Premiere Cast
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    1,470

    Re: Coronado Springs?

    The only thing I can add is when my mom came to visit one year and stayed there. The room was very cute, the only problem was she was in the furthest building from the center. She said it was tiring after a full day to have that distance to walk. I've also heard good things about the food court. Have a good trip!

  4. #4

    • Self Congratulative
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Glendale, CA
    Posts
    667

    Re: Coronado Springs?

    Oh yeah, the food court there is one of the better ones.

  5. #5

    • Junior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    246

    Re: Coronado Springs?

    This was my first stay at a moderate resort, so I was suprised that it is motel- like accomidations. Meaning, all of the rooms doors open into outside hallways, like a motel. I had no idea that moderates were like that, and to me personally, it was too much money to pay to have motel-type entryways. I don't think that the promotional material for any of the moderates makes it clear that they are outside entryways.

    Anyway, the hotel itself... it was nice enough, but no sit down restaurant (which I also did not know that most moderates don't have- I guess I was not educated enough!) However, the food court (Pepper Market) is excellent!

    I agree though that it is a very large resort and if you are too far away, it can be an issue. There are multiple bus stops throughout this resort though, so you don't have to walk from the main lobby area every time you return from a park.

  6. #6

    • Self Congratulative
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Glendale, CA
    Posts
    667

    Re: Coronado Springs?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nom View Post
    This was my first stay at a moderate resort, so I was suprised that it is motel- like accomidations. Meaning, all of the rooms doors open into outside hallways, like a motel.
    I disagree. Many nice hotels open into a breezeway or courtyard. That's more of a characteristic of a resort. Personally I wouldn't like to be confined in a building. I think what makes them "motel-ish" are the plain steel doors and simple white room. Wood doors and better-than-minimal interiors would do a lot for appeal.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nom View Post
    Anyway, the hotel itself... it was nice enough, but no sit down restaurant (which I also did not know that most moderates don't have- I guess I was not educated enough!) However, the food court (Pepper Market) is excellent!.
    Isn't Maya Grill a sit-down? I'm not sure because I never ate there. Most of the moderates do have a table service as well as food court, though. It's the value resorts that don't. Is there another moderate without a table service?

  7. #7

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Chickapin Hill
    Posts
    10,907
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Coronado Springs?

    Quote Originally Posted by Taggart View Post

    Isn't Maya Grill a sit-down? I'm not sure because I never ate there. Most of the moderates do have a table service as well as food court, though. It's the value resorts that don't. Is there another moderate without a table service?
    Yes, this is a sit down restaurant in the Cornado Springs. It is located just past the food court. The only moderate without table service is Port Orleans-French Quarter, which ceased operation of its own table service, Bonfamilles Cafe, when the 2 resorts (Dixie Landings and Port Orleans) both merged into the Port Orleans complex.

    The one thing I do not like however is that apparently a 10% gratuity is automatically added at the food court at Coronado, which does not happen at other moderate food courts.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!










  8. #8

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,624

    Re: Coronado Springs?

    wish disney would standardize procedures for it's food courts. I haven't stayed at coronado springs, but I have had relatives that did and the only complaint they gave me was it was too big. and they had to drive just to get from their room to the main building. they liked the accomodations and the grounds though.

  9. #9

    • Self Congratulative
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Glendale, CA
    Posts
    667

    Re: Coronado Springs?

    Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    The one thing I do not like however is that apparently a 10% gratuity is automatically added at the food court at Coronado, which does not happen at other moderate food courts.
    That was(is) an experiment that was tried at several of the moderates and value resorts at one time or another. I think it's planned to become standard throughout though.

  10. #10

    • MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles & Orange County
    Posts
    21,372

    Re: Coronado Springs?

    This is the only Disney resort I stayed at and it is lovely. The lake is just huge so expect to do quite a bit of walking to and from the dining areas. There are hammocks on the side if you want to lounge out in the sun.

    The rooms aren't contained within, so yah that was something that caught me by suprise, but the air condition worked great so no major gripes.

    They had a tarzan themed pool slide that I loved going on at night after a day at the parks.

    It's a beautiful resort and had a really enjoyable stay. CM's were also very helpful.


    Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

    Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

  11. #11

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Chickapin Hill
    Posts
    10,907
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Coronado Springs?

    Quote Originally Posted by Taggart View Post
    That was(is) an experiment that was tried at several of the moderates and value resorts at one time or another. I think it's planned to become standard throughout though.
    Really? I only remember this at this resort. I thought the reasoning was because it was a convention hotel. That was what I had heard.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!










  12. #12

    • New Old Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Fort Myers, Florida
    Posts
    247

    Re: Coronado Springs?

    I don't mind the outside walkway at all. I treat it as a balcony. This was at the Carribbean this past Christmas. Whenever I go to WDW I haul the furniture, two ice chests (food and liquid refreshments) and part of my collection of Disney plush animals.

    Last edited by herb2linda; 05-15-2007 at 04:45 AM. Reason: 2nd pic had nothing to do with post

  13. #13

    • Junior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    246

    Re: Coronado Springs?

    Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    Really? I only remember this at this resort. I thought the reasoning was because it was a convention hotel. That was what I had heard.
    I thought the gratuity was because you got a tiny bit of service... didn't they bring your tray over or something? (this was a long time ago that I was there).

    I must have totally missed the sit down restaurant... that would def have increased my opinion of the place if I had seen it! Oh well.

  14. #14

    • Faith, Trust & Pixie dust
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Pennsylvania6-5000
    Posts
    2,368

    Re: Coronado Springs?

    We stayed there once and thought it was a nice resort. The lake is very pretty and the pool is a fun one with a nice theme. The slide at that pool is my son's favorite, and the hot tub is huge!

    The rooms are nice and the atmosphere around the rooms are great. Lots of green open spaces and fountains. The walk around the lake can be a long one, so just be prepared and treat it like a nice stroll around a pretty lake.

    Have a great time Nikki Dancer.

  15. #15

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Grafton, WI
    Posts
    2,136

    Re: Coronado Springs?

    Stayed there Feb. '06 and really enjoyed it. Good service and food...good 'Disney' atmosphere.

    Only downside for us was a lot of walking due to getting a room far from the main lobby. However, if you do get a room like that, you can bypass a lot of the walking by asking for a ride to and from your room - they have carts to haul you and your luggage to and from your room.

    Here's more info for you...
    http://allearsnet.com/acc/faq_cs.htm

    Have fun!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Question] Coronado Springs.
    By Arilvdc in forum Orlando Hotel Reviews
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 02-19-2009, 12:55 PM
  2. [Question] Coronado Springs.
    By Arilvdc in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-10-2009, 06:28 PM
  3. Rix open (Coronado Springs)
    By nbodyhome in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-06-2007, 11:08 AM
  4. Coronado Springs Resort
    By tinker_bee in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-24-2006, 04:30 PM
  5. Coronado Springs information needed
    By dsnylndmom in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-24-2006, 05:30 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •