Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Recruits needed at the ISTC

Mission: NO LINE

Rarely does Mission:Space ever see a line longer than 10 minutes, but tonight there was practically no one in the building. Sad.

In other news: An elderly man suffered a heart attack while watching O' Canada. He died on the way to the hospital. The movie has been shut down awaiting the installation of heart monitors on the lean rails. A lawsuit is pending.

• Banned User

Mission: Death has been a lonely place at nigt even before this kid's unfortunate passing. Rumors are that with 'Soarin' now opened and once the summer ends, Mission: Tortilla will be closing as early as 7pm with the rest of Future World.
    But can't confirm that...

That's a shame. It's certainly a whole lot better than Test Track.

• Banned User

Delaware...hopefully not for that much longer.
    I'd love to see M:S gone for good, personally. I would rather have a pile of dirt. It is safer.

• Santa Barbara, CA

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974
    That's a shame. It's certainly a whole lot better than Test Track.
    Agreed.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by MotorBoatCruise2005
    I'd love to see M:S gone for good, personally. I would rather have a pile of dirt. It is safer.

Have you been on the attraction and got neasua for a few days???

if not you do not have an opinion of the ride... I have been on it.. got slightly nausia.. maybe cause i got overbored and played with the swirches and got a bit dizzy... by the time i actually got breakfast/lunch i was feeling better...

• Wishin' I was at WDW.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    Mission: Death has been a lonely place at nigt even before this kid's unfortunate passing. Rumors are that with 'Soarin' now opened and once the summer ends, Mission: Tortilla will be closing as early as 7pm with the rest of Future World.
    But can't confirm that...
    "Mission: Tortilla"... cute... (sidebar...still haven't made it to DCA...but with great attractions such as the Tortilla factory...cant imagine ever making the treak 'cross country just to do so...)

Any truth to what you've heard, TDL, or is this just conjecture? Personally, I absolutely LOVE Mission: Space... I just wish it was more of a pavilion in the traditional Epcot sense. But as far as a great attraction, it's pretty freakin' terrific!
    Last edited by RonNYC; 06-18-2005 at 11:05 PM.

• A Real Disney Attraction

At least Test Track draws guests into the queues. For the amount of money spent on this clunker, I would expect to see all the switchbacks overflowing with guests. I'm sure lots of folks love to shout "wweeeee" on it, but so far it has appeared to be a miserable investment. Additionally, it is still a film based attraction, like Star Tours, and it certainly is going to wear out on guests faster then Test Track will.

Maybe Disney should have spent all that $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ on Northern Fantasyland so the Magic Kingdom could strenghten it's average attraction age, capacity, and appeal to people over 10 years old. Instead we received a playground full of pooh.
    -Mike

^^^No need to spend any money on the MK, Mike. Guests will go there no matter what. It isn't the 1980s and for many folks, Epcot is not a must-see park anymore.

Besides, you got something about McDisney playgrounds replacing E-Ticket attractions?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by ron10036
    Any truth to what you've heard, TDL, or is this just conjecture?
    Only rumors I have been told by CM's... Similar to them telling me of rumors about the Wand over Spaceship earth coming down soon... Rumors!!! I will believe them then I see it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974
    ^^^No need to spend any money on the MK, Mike. Guests will go there no matter what. It isn't the 1980s and for many folks, Epcot is not a must-see park anymore.
    There was a time when there was no need to spend any money at MGM. There was a time when there was no need to spend any money on Epcot.

And where did that get them?

It is because of MK's popularity that investment in the lagoon's replacement would have been justified. Trust me, I am very aware of Disney's strategy over the last 7 years. The on again, off again nature of Fire Mountain and Bald Mountain, whatever. I understand the idea to reinvest in the secondary parks.

They are reinvesting in those parks because of past short-term thinking. The same could happen at MK. The pattern needs to stop at some point. I mean why build Splash Mountain? Why build anything at the MK? WDW was doing pretty well in the mid 90s, why build AK?

It's like if I had two cars. An everyday car and a classic corvette in mint condition. I need to maintain my everyday car, but I shouldn't just ignore the classic corvette because it is nicer to drive and doesn't look like it has a problem.
    -Mike

• They wanna know, HO!

Quote Originally Posted by MotorBoatCruise2005
    Yeah, because Mission Space killed the kid, just like how the que line for Space Mountain killed that girl this past December, and Body Wars killed that lady back in the mid 90's. Don't use this death as a grandstand for your opinions that have been around before this death. Same for everyone else here.

I will be at Disney World in a week and I'll be riding Mission Space over and over and over again.

Quote Originally Posted by ChiMike
    At least Test Track draws guests into the queues. For the amount of money spent on this clunker, I would expect to see all the switchbacks overflowing with guests. I'm sure lots of folks love to shout "wweeeee" on it, but so far it has appeared to be a miserable investment. Additionally, it is still a film based attraction, like Star Tours, and it certainly is going to wear out on guests faster then Test Track will.

Maybe Disney should have spent all that $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ on Northern Fantasyland so the Magic Kingdom could strenghten it's average attraction age, capacity, and appeal to people over 10 years old. Instead we received a playground full of pooh.
    So you hear a few times the line has been empty and it's a failure? I've seen the line streatch over 45 minutes... before it was open. I've seen it over an hour. I've also seen Test Track as a walk on a few times during the busy season.

I'm sorry if I seem a little irked off, but I'm going to stand up for Misson:Space for a long time, the ride did not kill the kid, they found no trauma. If you personally are ticked off over M:S, as I said before, don't use the death of this kid to serve your cause. Don't ride, one less person infront of me.

Quote Originally Posted by testtrack321
    So you hear a few times the line has been empty and it's a failure? I've seen the line streatch over 45 minutes... before it was open. I've seen it over an hour. I've also seen Test Track as a walk on a few times during the busy season.
    Oh, you're a really smart guy. You know what I hear, see, feel, taste, huh?

So let me get this right. What YOU'VE seen is representative of daily operations, and what some stranger knows, hears, sees, is wrong.

I'm sorry if I seem a little irked off, but I'm going to stand up for Misson:Space for a long time, the ride did not kill the kid, they found no trauma. If you personally are ticked off over M:S, as I said before, don't use the death of this kid to serve your cause. Don't ride, one less person infront of me.
    You can stand up for churros, I don't care. Just stop making such ridiculous assumptions. You obviously have no idea what you are talking about. You make wild-eyed crazy guesses about me being ticked-off.

For the record, I have stated over a dozen times that I dislike M:S but I don't think it is to blame for this incident. Just because you don't like what I have to say don't attribute false arguments to my posts. Don't lump me in with others. It's extremely dirty and often a sign of a coward.

I'm sorry if I seem to be a little irked off, but I am. Your comments could easily be a response to other posters who have been specifically blaming M:S for this and that. I haven't. But your response was under my quote, not theirs.
    Last edited by ChiMike; 06-19-2005 at 01:03 PM. Reason: add'l comments
    -Mike

I was there on Wednesday on Vacation and there was no wait at all. Another thing to consider about the kids death was he was only 4. for a 4 yr old the ride could have been to intense. The kids brain was probably being rattled around and who knows maybe he was doing something stupid that could have caused this. what i consider is possibly making an age limit on some rides that are to intense for younger children.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast