• Pixiedust?

First time staying on property - Is it worth staying Conceirge?

My family is going to WDW August 11-18, and we are thinking about staying at either the Polynesian, Animal Kindgom Lodge, or Wilderness Lodge on Concierge level.

Now my question is, do you think it is worth it? Or is it better to stay in a regular room for much less and have extra money for the parks and food? Are the perks that you can get staying on Concierge level worth the money?

Thanks!

.. a dream is a wish your heart makes

• Master Gracey's Bane

Re: First time staying on property - Is it worth staying Conceirge?

Stay cheaper, spend your money on food and souvenirs that eventually break.
    Do NOT pull down on the safety bar, please...I will lower it for you...

• Banned User

I would get a deluxe room with a view if possible. you aren't going to drink enough drinks or eat enough snacks to make it worth the extra cost.

Quote Originally Posted by LilRah08 View Post
    My family is going to WDW August 11-18, and we are thinking about staying at either the Polynesian, Animal Kindgom Lodge, or Wilderness Lodge on Concierge level.

Now my question is, do you think it is worth it? Or is it better to stay in a regular room for much less and have extra money for the parks and food? Are the perks that you can get staying on Concierge level worth the money?

Thanks!
    Don't bother with those expensive hotels unless you are planning to spend a substantial amount of time in them which I doubt you will. They're a waste of money if you only need a room to sleep in.

Thanks!
    No, the perks are by and large not worth it. A lounge offering snacks - which you'll rarely go into since you'll be at the parks - is the primary "perk;" the "concierges" are that in name only - no real concierge would ever call them that. Ask one to get you tickets to Universal. See how that works out for you. They are there primarily to make dining reservations, which, if you wait until you show up to do it, you won't get anyway.

If you even plan to spend much time in your room, book a nice view. Otherwise, to heck with it - get the cheapest room that will fir your party at whatever property you want to stay at.

Thanks!
    I talked to a lady who brought her extended family of 19 and stayed at the Poly. She stayed on the Concierge level and everyone else stayed in regular rooms. She told me if she does it again she will put everyone on the Concierge level bacause of the free breakfast and snacks allday. Plus if you are coming during the very hot summer days of August you might end up staying in your room more often to cool off. So look at what you might spend on 3 meals a day or just one meal a day. Hope this helps.

• Pixiedust?

Thanks everyone so far. We're thinking about just booking a garden view at the Polynesian because we won't be in it very much & since we're driving, we could go to get breakfast instead. I'm trying to get my parents to spring for the Magic Kindgom view though.

.. a dream is a wish your heart makes