Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Trip Report: MY FIRST TRIP TO WDW!

Hey y'all, give the new team some time; it takes a while to undue all the "rottenness" of the evil Mike Eisner. There are some promising signs since the new crew took over, i.e., Igor (that's pronounce eye-gore) and Lassiter, and I, for one, am hopeful about the future of Disney for the first time in a long time. It would be impossible and cost prohibitive to fix everything all at once. Slowly but surely the "world" will return to it's formal brilliance. I'm telling you, these guys are the real thing, Walt and Roy part two. You'll see.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by JoseyDisney View Post
    oh my my my!! i can't believe you went to WDW and have found something to complain about? i am shocked! :O
    I am not... WDW is not the perfect place everyone makes it out to be. It is a fun place, but compared to what it used to be in the past and given the changes (for the worst) they have made over the years... criticism comes easy; especially to those of us who have been visiting regularly since 1972.

• I Miss WDW

Peterhead, Scotland (i.e. Way too far away!)

I've been lots of times and have never notcied anything like that, and i don't go looking for it either though. But about paint lines in the carpark, grasping at straws a bit? i really wasn't trying to be cheeky i was being honest i can believe it! its a crazy world!

You know, it just seems like there are some people that go and look for things wrong. People are using the park. They are riding the rides and walking on the grounds. No matter how fast CMs try to clean, repaint, redo, update, whatever, there is always going to be a time when attractions or certain areas need some TLC. I think the management is doing a pretty good job at running a resort that is so huge! I know it's not quite perfect, and I know it's not as smooth of an operation as when Eisner had a presence, but it is still pretty good. There is no other place in the world that holds so many wonderful memories for me as WDW.

So, come on guys, ease up on the "WDW" bashing, ok?

And yes, I did think the resort ran more smoothly and had a certain "something" while Eisner was there. I don't think he was that "evil".
    - Larisa

Everybody neat and pretty? Then, on with the show! -MMC

• Minion

I am sure there are both good and bad things at WDW (as there are at DL).

But it is true that you can find it if you really look for it. I remember one time reading a complaint that if you stood in a certain part of DL and leaned to the side and jumped in the air you could see a McDonalds sign outside the park.

So if you look hard enough..
    “Any sequel three or higher..... around number five they get a new cast, that’s when the magic really happens": Modern Family

Quote Originally Posted by tiggerfan View Post

But it is true that you can find it if you really look for it. I remember one time reading a complaint that if you stood in a certain part of DL and leaned to the side and jumped in the air you could see a McDonalds sign outside the park.

Weird.
    - Larisa

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Risa View Post
    You know, it just seems like there are some people that go and look for things wrong. People are using the park. They are riding the rides and walking on the grounds. No matter how fast CMs try to clean, repaint, redo, update, whatever, there is always going to be a time when attractions or certain areas need some TLC. I think the management is doing a pretty good job at running a resort that is so huge! I know it's not quite perfect, and I know it's not as smooth of an operation as when Eisner had a presence, but it is still pretty good. There is no other place in the world that holds so many wonderful memories for me as WDW.

I don't think anyone is meaning to bash Walt Disney World. Most of the comments here are just constructive critcism and what we hope to see improved at the resort. While Walt Disney World may be the flagship Disney resort, some of the other Disney resorts are of much higher quality (especially the Tokyo Disney Resort). But the sheer amount of things to do at Walt Disney World makes up for that.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• We'll hold them at bay

Quote Originally Posted by Risa View Post
    You know, it just seems like there are some people that go and look for things wrong.

To many, things are never as good as they were in the "good old days." Having said that, imagineering has taken a dip in recent years.
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by MJMcB View Post
    To many, things are never as good as they were in the "good old days." Having said that, imagineering has taken a dip in recent years.

Things are definitely different now...for sure.
    - Larisa

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by tiggerfan View Post

So true. It is really amazing how close you are to Harbor Blvd. in some parts of the park. From the subs for example, if there was no berm, you could walk to the edge of Harbor Blvd. in less than a minute, litterally.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12