Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Married and happy again!!

My daughter's school band to perform at WDW

My daughter's high school announced that this coming January they will be performing at Magic Kingdom. All the kids are super excited as is the bands directer (this was his dream) as are we. We have known since October (my daughter is one of the band directers most trusted students) she has kept quiet all this time while all the arrangments and details where being worked out. Well Friday the announcment was made offical. The band will be there January 17th thru the 22nd (but we are going to make a family vacation out of it and add either days to the beguining or the end of the trip). I just wanted to share this with everyone here at MC.
    Micechatter #5053 Looking for our new home in the WDW area! We need to get closer to our "Laughing Place"!

Re: My daughter's school band to perform at WDW

How wonderful for them should be a ton of fun. Thanks for posting about this, I'll be looking forward to the trip report from that.

• I was deleted.

Awesome news!! I'm sure the kids will have a blast, as will you all!!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Cool! My high school's band played at some competitions at WDW back in 1992. I wasn't in the band so I didn't get to go, but I covered the story for the school newspaper. I think they won a few awards while they were there too!

• She was sweet as a peach

Awesome!! I know they will have a great time!

• Too far from Disney World

AWESOME!!!! My high school band did this back in 1996-1997 (we spent New Years Eve there). We did a Magic Music Days and marched in the Spectromagic Parade. They will have a BLAST!!!!
    With great pride: Disney Store Cast Member August 2011-Present

D23 Charter Member - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

WDW Trips: June 2012, 2010, 2008, 2007, 1997, 1996, 1994

• Iron-Clad Allie

Congratulations. Your daughter will remember this for a lifetine...as will you! What an honor. I want to see pictures upon your return from the event.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Congratulations to your daughter! My high school band played at Epcot in 1996 when I was only 15, and oddly enough, I just watched the video of it yesterday (we played a Lion King medley and a Pocahontas medley...my brother had a solo during "Colors of the Wind," I'll never forget it)! I got a bit teary watching it, that trip was filled with such great memories. I hope your daughter has the time of her life.

And if you're going to go and watch her, enjoy and relish the moment!
    "When entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible. Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic." -Sam Eagle

"I may have invented these bifocals I'm wearing, but I can assure you they're not rose-colored" -Ben Franklin, The American Adventure

• Pixiedust?

WDW is usually really fun going with a group from school, as I went many times from about 3rd through 6th grade with my class and my chorus before. It was very, very exciting!

But you'll have fun, late January is one of the better time to go and you get to escape the cold winter for a bit!

.. a dream is a wish your heart makes

• Banned User

congrats!!! figment's band did this in spring of 04. they only went for the weekend but they had a blast. they marched before the afternoon parade began. are they staying at the allstar? that's usually where they put the kids up. my nephew lives in NJ and they came down twice during their spring break. I hope you enjoy yourself and january is a great time to come. few crowds and cooler weather. have a great time!!!!

• 333: I'm only half evil!!

Blog Entries

I marched Disney Magic Music Days in 1994 and 1995 in high school. It was always a blast!!
    AP Holder.
    Stay at home mom of 4 - Austin, Tyler, Sierra and Ashlyn.

• Minion

I can say from first hand experience that marching down Main Street with a marching band is a truly magical experience. My band went in March/ April 2005 and it was incredible.

• far, far away from DL

I remember Magic Music Days. We went in 1993 and 1995. We marched in MGM Studios. It felt like such an honor to march at Disney. Just make sure you take a video camera. In 1995 we didn't take a video camera and wished we did. We watch our video at least once or twice a year. Ahhh, the wonderful memories. Polyester uniforms in Florida heat.

• WDW Fant! Premiere Cast

They're going to have a great time. I'm glad it's a Jan trip and not during the heat of the summer. I can remember watching the bands come off parade route drenched and drained. With the cooler Jan weather, the long parade route of the MK won't be too bad. Have a great time!

• Married and happy again!!

I forgot to mention the music that thier marching band is doing for next season is...... POTC. I waiting till next week for the band director to put out the info as to what songs they will be performing the only confirmed one is Yo Ho A Pirates Life For Me (surprise, surprise right? ). Garented there will be a ton of photo's and I'm sure I'll shoot video of this. Plus as of today she is even more excited because she has been named a section leader in the band so she is like on cloud nine.
    Micechatter #5053 Looking for our new home in the WDW area! We need to get closer to our "Laughing Place"!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast