Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Banned User

Angry COP. Fix it or Close it for good!

Ok...I went to the MK today...and visited the Carousel of Progress..

Upon entering.. the chinese national CM working the attraction was squatting on the floor as guests entered the theater. What was up with THAT??? Never in my wildest dreams would I imagine to see a CM behaving so unprofessionally on stage in front of guests!! Was she tired? maybe.. but squatting in front of guests until the theater doors closed and it was time to do her spiel, was to say the least.. the epithomy of "poor show". I have commented on poor body language from CMs on stage at WDW before (which is rampant) but this took the cake!!!

Yet, this CM's poor behavior was nothing when compared to the extremely poor shape in which this show currently plays. I could go on and on with details... but to name a few... the father's AA in the first act was in pretty bad shape. Not only did the waxy body parts, like the neck and hands, looked horribly wrinkled, the movements of the AA appeared very jerky and the mouth hardly moved to the audio. It was quite embarrasing to watch.

Other little problems also came up during the show... but most notably in the last act. When mother says to the computer... "set patio lights up to 30% intensity"... the lighting in the back of the set did not come on at all... and also, when the turkey burns in the oven, and the oven door explodes opened... there was NO smoke to indicate a burning turkey.. Little things like that were inop.

These may be minimal technical aspects of the show.. but they do make a difference in the overall quality of the presentation...

So I ask of WDW's management... what's up with COP??? Do you guys really hate this show so much that you don't care to fit it or properly maintain it?? Not to mention... this show's last update is already stale and in need of upgrading... So, if you management types are not willing to invest in a newer COP experience.. at least FIX IT! Or else, close it down for good, because in it's current state... this show is a major embarrasment, especially when the intro spiel introduces it as Walt's favorite and proudest attraction at the World's fair. Is there no shame for you management at WDW??? Then, I will wish it on you!!

SHAME, SHAME, SHAME!!!

• insufferable know-it-all

Re: COP. Fix it or Close it for good!

Close it? Perish the thought! I keep wishing they'd bring it back to DL!

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Banned User

if only the Smithsonian had money to sponsor it so it could be enjoyed in a disney park, and yet be protected.

The seats of the theaters recently got referbished, but too bad they didn't get the AAs fixed. it could be a nightly thing for some items... but longer for others.

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

Fix the problems, and then bring it back to California!

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Carousel of Pirates anyone? [/sarcasm]

• Purple Crates ♥

hey TDL nice to have met you.

I agree with you...something needs to be done

• Animatronic

Yes, send it back to California where they have been learning to maintain things again! Let's trade COP for Innoventions.

Blog Entries

We already have innoventions, why would we trade DL for it.

As to the COP, that's a shame. I saw it about a year ago last time and it was running wonderfully. I couldn't find a single complaint about the show except for the ending being dated. I still enjoyed it very highly though and that song kept running through my head all day.

Its my wifes favorite attraction. I really hope they can fix the issues with it.

• In Technicolor!

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Never in my wildest dreams would I imagine to see a CM behaving so unprofessionally on stage in front of guests!!
    How about eating while squatting?

Yep, as we were recently rounding the outside queue to enter the theater, there, sitting on the ground, munching on a bag of Funions, was our hostess CM. She slowly rose, choked back her remaining onion-flavored food and 'welcomed' us to the theater. I can only assume that she thought the large, flat colums on the outside of the building offered her an adequate hiding place for her ONSTAGE snack.

Nice, huh?
    These are the games that never end.

Thats really sad to hear. I always tried to ignore the things that were going wrong all throughout the MK. But, now, thanks to TDL fan, I am kept updated on all the things that are going downhill.
    - Larisa

Everybody neat and pretty? Then, on with the show! -MMC

• She was sweet as a peach

I am a big fan of keeping the classic attractions open but I hate that they let them get so run down.

A few miles from where Disney's America should have been

I would like to see them keep it maintained and working, and update the last scene. The problem is that each scene advances about 20 years. But then the last scene keeps jumping further and further into the future as time passes. So now your jumping 20 years, and then you jump about 60 years or more for the last scene. It doesn't make much sense. Not sure how to fix it, though.
    "I'm working on changing Hollywood...at the studio that fired me twice."
    --John Lasseter

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Quote Originally Posted by kcnole View Post
    We already have innoventions, why would we trade DL for it.
    Have 2!
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• Were you there?

You guys should hang out at casting for a bit and see the people that come in there that do not get hired. Scary...

BT
    22 is NOT my age (unfortunately)...

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by btwnguy_22 View Post
    You guys should hang out at casting for a bit and see the people that come in there that do not get hired. Scary...

BT
    Yes..quite scary since they have lowered the "quality bar" so low to fill all of the positions available across WDW already...

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Christine
    Fix the problems, and then bring it back to California!
    I agree... I think this attraction should go back to DLR, where it deserves to be presented, and hopefully..where it will be better cared for.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast