Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Former Epcot CM

Poor quality t-shirts.

I don't expect the t-shirts that I buy from a theme park, or even a Disney theme park, to be a supreme standard. Let me just say that before I rant.

However, I find that t-shirts purchased from the parks are like cardboard - rough, inflexible, clingy. I mean, its not the fabric softener was use at home. This rant sounds so silly and childish but I do honestly find clothing bought from the parks generally a poor quality.

I've just put on a Pirates t-shirt to wear to the cinema for At World's End which I bought from the Magic Kingdom last October. It has a really cool design - it's a t-shirt in that series of designs where they have three squares, in each square silhouettes of Disney characters are in a different pose on whatever attraction the T-shirt is for. I have a drawstring bag with the Splash Mountain design. I believe Space Mountain and Tower of Terror designs are also available.

It feels horrible and cheap. I paid about $23 for it, which is what.. 12? Not a great deal of money for a t-shirt over here in the UK, so maybe you get what you pay for. However, I purchased an Electric Mayhem t-shirt on the same trip from the Animal Kingdom, which I LOVE. It's awesome to wear, has a cool design, I love wearing it - but that's just generic Muppets merchandise. It isn't anything to do with Walt Disney World. So do Disney parks t-shirts have this underlying theme?

Do you find that clothing you buy from the parks isn't too pleasant to wear, or have you had opposite experiences?

I think I'm turning into one of those posters who I groan at every time they make another thread full of moaning. I'm sorry. I generally try not to be too negative about WDW.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: Poor quality t-shirts.

I don't buy shirts at the parks anymore as I'd never wear them. I did see a few I actually liked last weekend but I couldn't justify parting with $28-$34 for just one t-shirt.

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    I think I'm turning into one of those posters who I groan at every time they make another thread full of moaning. I'm sorry. I generally try not to be too negative about WDW.
    Yes, you are!

I think that it really depends upon the material of what you purchase. I have a variety of clothing from Disneyland and WDW, but my favorites and those that tend to hold up the most are NOT 100% cotton. In fact, as much as the Polyester doesn't seem like something you look for in florida, I do because it holds up nice. I Polyester. (And not just because most of it ends up going on sale at Property control either.)

I know, I know..

• Why can't you tune a fish

The only clothing I buy at Disney is the occassional subdued sweatshirt.

I have this thing about paying companies overinflated prices for the privlage of performing advertising for them. Sort of rubs me the wrong way.

I buy stuff whenever I go, but most it does NOT have a Disney emblem of any type on it. A throw and bottle opener are about all I can think of that I have. I have steins, placemats, painted eggs, bowls, plates, oranaments, and other assorted things - none of which have any Disney emblems on them.

I have found, as a general rule, most items of clothing with some sort of logo or picture on them are of lower quality to begin with, wherever you go.

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

• Directly directed

I've never had that problem but the shirts I fall in love with are never cheap. And I do believe in getting what you pay for. My shirts have always held up really well but they are always in the $40-$60 range which is ridiculous for a shirt. If you're still unhappy call Disney DelivEARS and return it. They have amazing customer service.

• Why can't you tune a fish

Quote Originally Posted by Alice's Wonderland View Post
    I've never had that problem but the shirts I fall in love with are never cheap. And I do believe in getting what you pay for. My shirts have always held up really well but they are always in the $40-$60 range which is ridiculous for a shirt. If you're still unhappy call Disney DelivEARS and return it. They have amazing customer service.

Sorry - if I pay $60 for a shirt, it better at least have a collar on it - not a crew neck.

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

• Fastest Man Alive

Here is the deal.

Alot of it depends on the fabric content. What percentage is cotton or polyester or rayon or whatever. This also determines how much it will shrink.
    Secondly, not all clothing is made equal. Disney's merchandise is like any large enterprise. They don't make all of it in house. Different vendors are responsible for different merchandise. Sometimes even for the same item. Anyone who has noticed the difference between the 'soft' and 'hard' Mickey Ears knows this.
    In short, judge item on its own merit. Check it out, try it on. Just because some other T-shirt you got was cheap junk doesn't mean they all are.

• She was sweet as a peach

I know the shirt you are talking about. I have a Haunted Mansion one like it. I bought it because I love the design but you are right. It is not a great shirt.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

If you're still unhappy call Disney DelivEARS and return it. They have amazing customer service.
    Disney DelivEARS is for Disneyland only (I've used them several times in the past to get stuff from Disneyland and they've always given me great service). WDW has their own order by mail/phone thing.

Just about all the shirts I wear came from WDW or D/L, all T-shirts also (I have the same HM shirt your talking about) There is a difference in the quality but none I feel are low quality, some just seem a little better put together than others. I have several shirts that are 6 or 7 years old that are still in very good condition, but I dont wear them every day since I have shirts I must wear for work. I also wash but hang dry my shirts, no dryer mainly due to shrinkage.
    Steve

I agree. I got a 2005 T shirt and it was unwearable. It fit funny and I just didin't like it. Now I didnt' pay much for it, and I could not take it back because I had already left whatever, but I thoght: If I had paid full price for this I would be very mad! The shoulders seams were "off" and it just felt awkward. AND I dont' feel the sizes run true. I'm not "fat" but in any other shirt I buy I am NOT an X-Large but at Disney I sure am, and I have to wash cold line dry or it will really not fit. I'm sure they are made very FAST in China or Guatemala or somehting.
    Janette

• Irrational Mr. Toad Fan

That's weird, I have that exact same shirt and I love it, very comfortable. On the other hand, I always have problems with DL shirts. The one's at DL either end up too small after a few months of washing or are just generally uncomfortable.

• Self Congratulative

I deal with shirts all the time because I print them. Trust me, Disney uses the cheapest they can find and rebrands them with their own tags.

Most shirts are sweatshop made, but these are even worse than those.

However, sometimes you can find stuff that they printed on from Gildan or Hanes, so I think it might be a supplier issue.

• New Old Member

I have never had a problem with Disney tee-shirts. Always soft and comfy. But then again, if its not soft to begin with I don't buy it or any other brands. I like to have the feeling that I am not wearing anything and the last few tee-shirts bought from Disney is right on.

I have a sweatshirt from 2001 that is still in great shape...a little worn, but 6 years later, it's hanging in there.

Yet, I bought a sweatshirt for the 50th in DL last year, and during my trip, when I wore it, it started pilling. I paid $48 for a sweatshirt that started falling apart the first day I wore it.

I do not buy too much clothing at WDW and DL anymore...only if it's something really unique (so basically, I don't buy much .

My dad had a t-shirt with Mickey, Goofy, and Donald on it with POTC, and it's from 1986...it's a bit ragged, but it's still in good enough shape for my sister to wear it as pajamas.

It's just another example of taking someone's $48 and giving them less...this is a "negative" day for me, but isn't it the new "Disney Parks" way? Continuously increase the price of park tickets, clothes, food and pop (sorry, I'm from the Northeast, we say "pop")...but give less?
    "When entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible. Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic." -Sam Eagle

"I may have invented these bifocals I'm wearing, but I can assure you they're not rose-colored" -Ben Franklin, The American Adventure

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast