Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to WDW

New to WDW

Very new to "World" although I have AP's to DL. MY first question is, what is the best time to visit to avoid as many crowds as possible or is that even doable?? When is the off season???
    Janette

Re: New to WDW

You'll hear many different opinions on this...it is becoming common for some people to state there is no longer an off-season at WDW.

That being said, I have always liked visiting in September/October, or January/Early February (avoiding holiday weekends such as President's Day). Particularly in Jan/Feb, the weather is milder (some say cold, I refuse to say as much, since Jan/Feb for me is teens and 20s). Also, the hotel rates tend to be cheaper during these times as well (you can get the official "Value" rates at disneyworld.com).

Whenever you decide to go, have a great time on your trip!
    "When entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible. Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic." -Sam Eagle

"I may have invented these bifocals I'm wearing, but I can assure you they're not rose-colored" -Ben Franklin, The American Adventure

• We'll hold them at bay

I would say Jan/early Feb, or the first two weeks of Dec. Sept/Oct isn't bad either but you have to worry about hurricanes
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

• Aaron's mom

I would also say January to early February. A few years ago we went the first week of February and were able to walk on to most rides. Really is a good time to go; the temperatures areusually in the 50-60's and doesn't rain every day.

"What would you like most to do - what is your dream?"
    Proud volunteer for the Dream Factory of
    St. Louis.
    check out web site: www.stldreamfactory.org

• Mouse Extra Dave

If I were to say the "best" time, I would give you these three in no order. All have good crowd levels...

1. After Thanksgiving and before Christmas week. The decorations are wonderful, the Candlelight Processional at Epcot is amazing, and MVMCP is something worth the price. Just look out for Pop Warner.

2. Early May. The crowds are good, Flower and Garden is decent, and usually you get Star Wars Weekends. Here's my trip report from a couple of weeks ago...
    http://www.mouseextra.com/2007/05/23...-report-day-3/
    But it can be hot!

3. Late October before Jersey Week. Decent crowds, Food and Wine is outstanding and MNSSHP is very popular
    "You are not the first to pass this way..."
    Mouse Extra
    feeding the Disney addiction daily
    http://www.mouseextra.com/

• I'll Break your Thumbs!!

Quote Originally Posted by Leofoenget View Post
    Very new to "World" although I have AP's to DL. MY first question is, what is the best time to visit to avoid as many crowds as possible or is that even doable?? When is the off season???
    I have always gone in October, and the parks are pretty much empty... It is very enjoyable, because its not hot, but the weather is still warm.

Also, if you do plan a trip you must make a reservation to have dinner at Ohana's which is in the great ceremonial house of the Polynesian Hotel.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Add me to the January/February and October crowd.

• I'll Break your Thumbs!!

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Add me to the January/February and October crowd.
    Do you have an invite to be added to that crowd? Its very exclusive, and I am not sure you would make it

Seriously though, October is very nice, because its like 85 degrees but without the humidity, so its perfect for walking around all the parks without sweating like a pig...

• Hello there

Blog Entries

I ususally go September - right after the kiddies start school, or first week in Dec- light crowds
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

• Minion

In Feb. last year it was actually a bit on the cold side. Still, that's a minor complaint compared to short wait times for rides and attractions, as well as being able to walk into restaurants without having a reservation and get seated right away.

Trip in September of 2002 was also not very crowded, although it was fairly hot then.

Possibly going there in mid-October this year, so we'll see.

Here's a link that might help...
    http://allearsnet.com/pl/attend.htm

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by Parisi View Post
    Do you have an invite to be added to that crowd? Its very exclusive, and I am not sure you would make it

Seriously though, October is very nice, because its like 85 degrees but without the humidity, so its perfect for walking around all the parks without sweating like a pig...
    *snort*

I went mid October last year and the day I went it was HOT! It was at least 90. But I still had a blast.

• I was deleted.

My vote goes for Sept/Oct for the Food & Wine Festival and Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. Those little extras make the parks a lot of fun! While you do have the change of a hurricane and some rain, the weather is a bit nicer - without being too cold or too humid (hopefully.)

But overall, ANY TIME THE KIDS ARE IN SCHOOL is the best time to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Parisi View Post

See at DL Sept/Oct is good too. And I love the halloween stuff. So also after Thanksgiving but before schools get out for Christmas is good. THANKS!! I LOVE IT!!

Lady I worked with went right after a hurricane once. said she had the place to herself... think I will try to avoid that one!!
    Janette

Early May & early December, are the times that I go.

Crowd wise, the two least visted months of the year are always September and January.

But with the free food offer the past few years, September has picked up.

And the Disney marathon tends to extend holiday crowds into the first few weeks of the year.

But everything considered, I believe the best time of year for a WDW visit is October. You have weather. You have decent park hours. You have Food and Wine Fest at Epcot and MNSSHP at MK. You have the Funai Golf Classic (that local Tiger Woods usually never misses). ... just a lot going on.

After Oct., I also enjoy April (post spring break) and May.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast