Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

One thing that bothers me about Test Track

I have been listening a lot to the World of Motion music and narration, and I realized another reason why I liked it better than Test Track. Despite the theming, detail, AAs, humor, etc, one main thing about it shows a flaw in the Test Track pavilion as a whole: Test Track is solely about cars. The World of Motion was a history of transportation as a whole. And yes, I realize that GM must have had a lot of influence on that decision, but really, if you think about it, Spaceship Earth as the history of communication, Horizons was a view of the future through history, Journey Into Imagination was about all aspects good and bad of the imagination, Wonders of Life, the Living Seas, the Universe of Energy, all were about the entire aspect of their respective topics. Now, there seems to be a greater trend to narrow the focus a little too much in my opinion. Is this something worth considering for EPCOT's future, the narrow focus some pavilions have been taking? Or am I just whining again?
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Pilot EdForceOne

Re: One thing that bothers me about Test Track

simple... they gave up on Edu-tainment. I think the amounts of complaints about EPCOT drove that.

As a child, Imagination, Communicore, and the Seas were really all I cared about as a child. The rest wasn't all that engaging to me.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I'm probably one of those rare weirdos who as a kid loved the "edu-tainment" stuff. Have fun and learn at the same time... what a concept! I wish Disney would keep doing stuff like that instead of dumbing down every attraction that come through the pipeline. I refuse to see Laugh Floor or Stitch as I know they'd lower my IQ.

• Attn. Space Travelers....

i agree.....with the people that visit WDW these days, the edu-tainment levels of attractions has slipped, surely because there have been too many complaints by these guests.

Sadly these days, all people want is entertainment and cheap thrills!!! Id love to see the old EPCOT make a comeback, but that just wont happen.....tourism these days is changing and so are the people that partake in it

I always enjoyed WOM, the seas, and horizons....education was the added bonus to the fun....i see no problem with that at all....
    Blast Off Into Adventure!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheRockr View Post
    Space Junk once taught Peter Pan how to do Mick Jagger's famous strut.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    Is this something worth considering for EPCOT's future, the narrow focus some pavilions have been taking? Or am I just whining again?
    No, I don't think you're whining. You're making a good observation and your points are worth considering.

Personally, I don't have a whole lot to add, so I'll just say that I agree with what you said.

• Yes?

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    I have been listening a lot to the World of Motion music and narration, and I realized another reason why I liked it better than Test Track. Despite the theming, detail, AAs, humor, etc, one main thing about it shows a flaw in the Test Track pavilion as a whole: Test Track is solely about cars. The World of Motion was a history of transportation as a whole. And yes, I realize that GM must have had a lot of influence on that decision, but really, if you think about it, Spaceship Earth as the history of communication, Horizons was a view of the future through history, Journey Into Imagination was about all aspects good and bad of the imagination, Wonders of Life, the Living Seas, the Universe of Energy, all were about the entire aspect of their respective topics. Now, there seems to be a greater trend to narrow the focus a little too much in my opinion. Is this something worth considering for EPCOT's future, the narrow focus some pavilions have been taking? Or am I just whining again?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacha View Post
    No, I don't think you're whining. You're making a good observation and your points are worth considering.

Personally, I don't have a whole lot to add, so I'll just say that I agree with what you said.
    Agree here. I am one of those kids that enjoyed the edu-tainment value of Epcot as well and really miss the original concept of this. I am fearful of the changes to SSE myself. It is the history of communication but I'm afraid Siemens is taking it in a different direction. I noticed one of the new hands -on things at the end has something to do with driving a car??? Wrong pavillion!
    Quote Originally Posted by larasound View Post
    am I the burrito man?

• UT99 Forever

The last time I was at WDW, they were just building Test Track and I never got a chance to ride it.

How is it? Is it considered an "E" ticket attraction?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

I really do enjoy Test Track a lot, and regardless of anyone loving it or not, it is one of the most popular attractions in EPCOT. It is a lot of fun, just misses the rest of the ideas about transportation.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DonaldDuckFan View Post
    The last time I was at WDW, they were just building Test Track and I never got a chance to ride it.

Most people find it an absolute blast. I found it sort of...well, boring. I think the reason is that I ride a motorcycle, which, to me, is the same sort of thrill as Test Track, only far, far better. Depends on the person I guess. Like Yoyo says, it's a really popular attraction, so don't let my lack of enthusiasm keep you from trying it.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I like Test Track, but I liked World of Motion better. I'm a sucker for attractions heavy on the AA's.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    I like Test Track, but I liked World of Motion better. I'm a sucker for attractions heavy on the AA's.
    Agreed. As much as I like Test Track (it's definitely in my top 10 of WDW), still doesn't hold a candle to the World of Motion.

• Screenwriter for NLF

That's a great observation yoyo. It really depends on your point of view. I too thought those were great times of EPCOT's past. But remember the stories when it first opened. People talked about how boring it was. I guess we are the rare. The majority of society doesn't want to learn, think, during vacation.
    Hey Disney Fans, come say hi to me at http://www.myspace.com/blackiepueblo

• Pilot EdForceOne

I think the problem was.. EPCOT was ALL that style of attraction.. WoM.. SSE.. Horizons.. etc. Those attractions if they were not the dominate style would have faired better I think. But 'too much of a good thing' I think. They all get lumped together and they couldn't stand up to pressure to update and change.

UoE has the different ride system and brings in the wraparound films. SSE obviously wasn't going anywhere.. they tried several times to change JIYI.. land was unique.. and the Seas was unique as well.

• Banned User

World of Motion was a far superior attraction to Test Track.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DonaldDuckFan View Post
    For me, World of Motion was definitely an E-ticket attraction. Same with Horizons. What replaced them barely passes for an E-ticket in my opinion since they're both very bare in theming. The main allure of Test Track and Mission: Space are the thrills. Without thrills, they would both only pass for a D-ticket.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast