Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• If We Can Dream It...

Horizonsfan92's 1st Trip Report! - Photo Heavy (to the extreme)

Disclaimer: Well this will sort of be a continually running trip report while I'm down here in Florida. I don't know when I'll have time to post segments so please forgive me if there are long periods in between report segment. Hope you enjoy!

First up is Day One - May 25 - At Epcot:

I woke up plenty early to arrive an hour before opening. The weather couldn't have been better, warm yet not humid at all! Onto the photos:

Arriving From the Parking Lot

This year's entrance topiary for the F&G Festival

Monorail Rolling In Before Opening

Random Semi-Patriotic Shot

The All-New Epcot Character Spot. It looked nice(didn't actually wander thru it, walked thru the side hallway) but, something makes me want to complain about it being in future world. Oh well, BTW, they replaced the old communicore wall carpet and floor carpet. The new wall carpet reminds me of The Land but, it is far darker than the colors of said pavillion (think dark green, brown, and purple). Regardless of the new character spot, the new carpet is a definate .

Lookin' back at SSE (You know, this part of the report could be called the "Ballin' Report" , Okay, I'm a dork...)

Here come Mickey & Minnie to open the park! Almost time to soar!

Well, while waiting for the park to open these two cast members (one of them the one pictured above) came over and entertained everyone waiting, really great guys and true examples of what CM's should do all the time.
    Neadless to say I got over to Soarin' (grabbed a FP for later) and had a great flight.

....why no problem!
    Random Pics from The Land:

Cool shot of part of the Living With The Land Mural

Very dark shot from LWTL

And on that (crappy) photo...

I say Au Revior. More photos to come (I took 100 + on this day alone). Hopefully I can post more tomorrow! Time to catch some shut eye (gotta get up early for MGM tomorrow!)
    - Horizonsfan

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: Horizonsfan92's 1st Trip Report! - Photo Heavy (to the extreme)

Nice pics!

• Circle of Ancients

Awesome pics!!! Thanks for sharing. Keeping us going until we leave. (4 days!!!)

• Don't mess with the duck!

Kewl pics. Keep 'em coming.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Very good indeed! We see relatively few WDW trip reports here, so it's a refreshing change! Waiting for more.
    --Barry

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Thanks for awesome trip report!

• If We Can Dream It...

I've got a few minutes here this morning so here's a few new pics to hold you over...

After finishing up the Land pavilion, I decided to run over and grab a FP for Test Track, on the way back I took a few fun pics:

Just wanted to make a point of showing that the old Communicore hallway Ceiling is still there.

More randomness as I make my way back to The (Living) Seas:

And on that photo I leave you with a cliffhanger. Will Horizonsfan make it to The Seas? Will he take photos of it? Will you care?

P.S. Wish me luck taking photos at MGM. Hope I can get some of Toy Story Mania!
    - Horizonsfan

Seeing those photos of The Land is making me crave that turkey sandwich I had for lunch last weekend. That chipolte mayo was just too awesome.

• If We Can Dream It...

Where we left off: I was on my way back from TT heading towards the Seas to try the new Nemo ride. Along the way I took some pictures of the beautiful Epcot.

Alright, Ready? Here come a few more pics from moi..

On of the Innoventions sign post-tower removal

The new "West" Tip-board. It didn't display any information all day long, just this nice message.

Neadless to say I finally Arrived at the Seas:

Shot of some of the Seas

Review of New Ride: Overall, I would probably give it a B-. Not terrible but, it seems a little too focused at the younger crowd. I would say this is a slight improvement over the original way to enter Sea Base (Alpha). Where one was actually informational and a little more grown-up, this way is pure entertainment. Like I said, slight improvement, but an improvement none the less. I'll now be sure to make a stop by the Seas each trip.

While looking around in the big Aquarium, I saw Crush! Or what would be his real world equivalent...

The new Ceiling "light" in the pod above the Turtle Talk wait area.

The Pavilion, sign, and Seagulls

Pavilion and Ball

A Cool, Stormy Overview of The Pavilion

That Beautiful Geosphere!

While walking to Imagination, I noticed an odd sight....Okay, side rant, How disrespectful are you that you walk off the path and into the landscaping? It wasn't just these people doing this, there were two other groups. It's people like this that just steam me!

The many signs of The Land

Imagination!

A(nother) Crappy Shot from inside

While on my way to Test Track, I decided to take a little pit stop:

Club Cool! Side Note: They really need to work on having all the drinks available, I have yet to see all of the varieties available at the same time.

After satisfying my thirst, I made it over to Test Track

Shot from and of the queue

Well, I got on TT expecting high speed fun and what I got, was classic TT. Part way thru the ride, it broke down. And where was I? Right in the middle of the Truck scene. Thankfully, they turned off the truck FXs, after the first 3 times, while we waited for the ride to start up. I took advantage of the stall and grabbed a few pics. You know, you don't realize how big that "tunnel" is until you're sitting completely still:

And one last shot of the "tunnel", directly behind the car:

Oh my...

Whooohooo!

Well, after that I headed over for my lunch at the Electric Umbrella. As far as the new self-serve drink machine, a big . Finally, disney's burger joints can be atleast on par with my local McDonald's...

Well, once again I have to leave you here. Don't worry, there will be plenty more photos coming your way. Just to get you salivating, I took 137 photos at Epcot, 153 at MK yesterday, and 123 today alone at the Disney Studios. Please forgive me for the long pauses, I'm still on Vacation!

P.S. Check out my new Avatar! I took the pic myself!
    - Horizonsfan

Love the avatar, love the pics! I really enjoy trip reports! Great job!!
    "When entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible. Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic." -Sam Eagle

"I may have invented these bifocals I'm wearing, but I can assure you they're not rose-colored" -Ben Franklin, The American Adventure

• SpitSpot!

I am enjoying your photo perspective! I am looking forward to the rest of your trip. Thanks for posting!
    "First of all I would like to make one thing perfectly clear.
    I never explain anything." Mary Poppins
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/26132873@N00/

• Pixiedust?

Great TR so far!

.. a dream is a wish your heart makes

Quote Originally Posted by horizonsfan92 View Post

While walking to Imagination, I noticed an odd sight....Okay, side rant, How disrespectful are you that you walk off the path and into the landscaping? It wasn't just these people doing this, there were two other groups. It's people like this that just steam me!
    I saw this too when I was there last weekend. I went up to the CM outside of The Seas and asked if people were allowed on the grass and he said it was ok as long as they don't go into the flower beds. Surprised me, that's for sure. I really hate how disrespectful tourists can be though. Just because there's no signs saying "Keep off the grass" doesn't mean you can trample all over it.

• I'm Engaged!!!!!

IMHO, I think as long as someone isn't doing anything that's disrespectful or rude (like the space mt. catastrophe) it's kind of a neat thing to be able to go sit on the grass or take pictures or do whatever.
    I think it gives a "park-like" atmosphere of the Flower and Garden festival.
    Just my opinion.

• If We Can Dream It...

After my average lunch at Electric Umbrella, I decided to check out the new SSE:

My attempt at an SSE overview shot minus the wand

Just 'cause I thought it looked cool

If only that guy's head wasn't in the way

A dark shot of the mural, which I head could possibly go away in the upcoming refurb. I hope not!

And Now.....My Pics of the New Project Tomorrow post-show (Some are really dark or blurry, apologies in advance!)

Approaching from the ride's exit

The very cool, new globe

Side View of globe

A coming soon poster directly to the left of the exit ramp. I believe it talked about an exhibit based on the "medical check-up of the future". Sounds interesting.

Area behind globe, soon to be home to exhibit on "cities of the future", can't wait to see it.

Close-up of SSE's new logo, I love it! Hence my new avatar.

Looking towards Super Driver from behind the globe

Looking towards Body Builder (also from behind the globe)

Side-view of Globe (can you tell I'm obsessed with it?)

What's left of the old Global Neighborhood screens (And some of the new seating area)

The signage on the wall just outside the exit

As far as post-shows go, this one is in the top. No major pushing of products, no mandatory infomercials, no boredom. It's classic EPCOT!

The view from SSE's exit

Pin Central & the fountain

I then decided to get an FP for Mission:Space and then headed over to UOE. Along the way, I snagged these shots:

Overview of M:S

I got side-tracked from getting my FP and decided to take some pics of WOL. God knows what will happen to it...

Closer shot

Exit sign overgrown with greenery

After I got all depressed with the current state of the WOL, I finally made it over to M:S to get my F:P.

Looking toward the Motion pavilion

M:S sign and some ball in the background

Heading towards the FP machines

Inside the Entrance area to M:S

While I waited for my M:S FP time, I decided to check out UOE.

UOE's Sign

Random Shot with a duck thrown in!

Glad to see the old logo is still there.

Well I attempted some shots inside but, they came out really dark, please forgive me! (I have a strict no-flash policy on rides, although I did break that rule when my TT car broke down, oh well.)

UOE could use a little TLC even if it is dated and sponsorless. The third theater's screens are still broken, completely ruining the whole "dreaming in widescreen effect."

Well, after UOE, I got right on M:S and took the green version, fun but still a weak replacement for my beloved Horizons. Afterwards, I headed over to TT again.

If it had opened on time, this sign would have been nice and had a point but, it's now pointless.

Got some cool on ride shots from TT (once again no flash for me):

Heat Chamber

Cold Chamber

Corrosive Chamber

Dip in the Road

Get ready for the barrier test!

Bankin' it!

Push it, Harder!

Just a pure adrenaline rush...

New post-show exhibit (didn't go through it)

Cool Car

More pics coming soon! After TT, I headed over to WS. More photos in a few minutes!
    - Horizonsfan

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast