Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Typhoon Lagoon

14 46.67%
  • Blizzard Beach

16 53.33%

• n/a

Cool Blizzard Beach vs Typhoon Lagoon

MiceChat gets to help decide on my vacation plans. I wanted to check out Blizzard Beach for years, but after catching a segment on Typhoon Lagoon on the Travel Channel I'm having second thoughts. Which one should I go to?
    “Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die.” ~ Mel Brooks

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Re: Blizzard Beach vs Typhoon Lagoon

If you want a lot to do, with plenty of thrills, then Blizzard Beach is the place. However, there seems to be a lot less shade and a lot more concrete (fake snow) than in Typhoon Lagoon. Typhoon Lagoon has the beautiful scenery, the tropic theme, and the Crush and Gusher, which I could ride all day and not get bored.

If you want to spend an entire day at a water park, head to Blizzard Beach, if it's only a half day, my vote is for Typhoon Lagoon.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Banned User

blizzard beach tends to have more for the teenage set. but typhoon lagoon has the water coaster. actually I would go to the one that was least full because they both are lots of fun in their own right.

I just prefer Typhoon Lagoon. It has more variety and options when it comes to watery fun: i.e. Shark Reef, Crush N' Gusher, the Tidal Wave Pool, etc.

• Pilot EdForceOne

if you've never been to either.. there is no wrong choice.

Blizzard has the huge slide... Typhoon has the huge wave pool (blizzard has a smaller one as well). Blizzard has more 'play areas' for kids (tweens too).

The snow thing at blizzard gets old quick where Typhoon is more pretty - but I think I kind of prefer Blizzard.

The snorkeling thing at Typhoon is cool for a water park - but may be kind anti-climatic for you.

I'd vote Blizzard. Just the notion of riding a chair lift in the water park is worth it

• n/a

Well things are split thus far. Anybody know of an affordable way to visit both parks? I was just going to buy an additional ticket since it's not part of our Magic You Way package. But I can't drop $80.
    “Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die.” ~ Mel Brooks

• Pixiedust?

I would rather go to Blizzard Beach because I love how its like winter in summertime, but I would just rather go to Wet 'n' Wild, which I believe is right down the street from WDW. It's only 37$ for a day, and right now they have a special for 50$ per person for unlimited for 14 consecutive days.

.. a dream is a wish your heart makes

• Sock Puppet

Typhoon Lagoon hands down.

lol, I'd say typhoon lagoon too, but that makes it about even. Both are fun, but I felt Typhoon was less crowded (which is always better).

Heh, sorry, that's probably not much help

• Defying gravity

IMO, Blizzard Beach has much better theming and is simply a more unique water park.

• Faith, Trust & Pixie dust

My family likes BB the best. The atmosphere is more fun and they have way more slides. We have been to TL a few times as well, because BB was under repair. We like TL, but BB is better. Either way you will have fun. Enjoy!

• Tic Tac?

When I went to WDW, the only one of those two was Typhoon Lagoon.

Slightly off topic here, but has everyone else ever been knocked down by those huge waves they have in the main pool? I did; scared the heck out of me, and I spent the rest of the day paddling in the shallows.

Mayor Lurkey rocks!

Blog Entries

I hate the wave pools with a passion. To me its Typhoon Lagoon because I enjoy the tropical theme much more than the blizzard theme and the water coaster is so much fun.

• Tic Tac?

The interesting thing is, back in the UK, I love wave pools. I usually have a float to rest on, but compared to those waves (which really were absolutely HUGE) I don't think I'd have stood a chance with one of those. One thing I did like was the 'lazy river' (I think that's what it's called) where you ride around in a ring. I've never been a fan of water slides, so I need to find something gentle to do.

Mayor Lurkey rocks!

When my boyfriend and I went we went to Typhoon Lagoon. He had been to BB before so we decided to do something we both hadn't done. The wave pool is really fun. Honestly I was too afraid of that really really tall water slide at BB. I thought Typhoon Lagoon was pretty. It was fun.
    ^v^Pamela^v^