Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Are we there yet!?!?!?

Danny and Eric's little corner of paradise! =)

The Neuhickman DisneyWorld Vacation Report

As some of you know Daniel and I (The Neuhickman's), went to Disneyworld this past weekend. We only got to spend 3 days there, but they were just as magical as I would have expected. This post is the first of the pictures, as the other pictures are with Danny's family still in Disneyworld. This is also my full report; I'm sure Danny will add to it.

*** Note: This was my first Disney Trip, Ever!!!!!

DAY ONE

We left Milwaukee (WI) on Friday at 7am (left our apartment at 5). We arrived in Orlando arround 10:30 or so... After this the times get hazy... We started off by taking the Magical Express to our hotel. We stayed at the Beach Club Resort. The room we had was huge, with a fabulous king size bed! For those of you who don't know where that is located, it is one of the Epcot resorts. It was a good and bad thing, next time I want to stay closer to the Magic Kingdom... AND there will be a next time.

We made way from the hotel to Epcot, just to go to the monorail to the Magic Kingdom. Now mind you, we had only gotten 3 hours of sleep the night b4, but of course we were all too excited. The walk was pretty cool. I had no idea how huge Epcot was!

When we finally made it to the Magic Kingdom, we stopped first for Ice Cream. I knew it was going to be hot, but I didnt realize that we were both going to be covered in sweat by this point! I had the most awesome butter pecan i have yet to find! Did I mention how awesome the Castle looks?!?!?!

We got to the castle just in time for Cinderellabration 02 03. The show was beautiful, but i was itching to go on the rides!!!

We went to Tomorrowland and got fast passes to Space Mountain right away. We then went on the Carousel of Progress, which I thought was a very cool ride. I had never experienced a Disney ride b4, so this was my introduction. I had no idea what I had in store.

Then it was off to Fantasyland. We went on It's a Small World. It's a cute ride, very colorful. We were then heading to go on Splash Mountain, but stopped for a cigarette on the way. We decided that we would come back to that area after dinner, and headed to the Jungle Cruise. On the way, we went on Pirates of the Caribean. At this point, I was in awe of how much they immerse you into the rides. I felt like i was really with Pirates!!! The jungle cruise was fun. That was what we went on next! I thought the guide was funny, Danny will post his opinion seperatly! After that we went to the Hall of Presidents. That was a neat show.

At this point it was time for dinner. We ate at Cinderella's Royal Table. Dinner was delicious! I had steak and Danny had pork tenderloin. The waitress had a bit of an issue with the table next to us. She had set down the spoon for them on our table but quickly took it over to them. The woman flipped out. We talked to her about it and laughed about it. She ended up giving us 2 fast passes, because "of the cigarettes". We only had brought one pack and the Hess station was the only place to get them on the resort (that comes in later on). We left her a very VERY generous tip!!!!! It wasnt cheap, but it was worth it!
    Remember... Dreams Really Do Come True!!!
    Daniel and Eric Neuhickman
    09/02/2004 - Present

Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream only at night.
    -- Edgar Allan Poe

• Are we there yet!?!?!?

After dinner, we went and used the fast passes we got for space mountain. We got into the car and the ride broke down. We sat there for about 15 minutes or so b4 the ride was ready to go again. The cast member working it told us why and Danny was throwing a fit, "They wouldnt do that at DL!". That was my favorite ride, until sunday! (on a side note, I just noticed that the Castle is perfectly situated facing south on the map i have.) After that we got on the railroad and headed over to Frontierland.

We got in line for Splash Mountain, intending to use our other fast passes, but the kids in front of us were kind enough to give us their extra ones. The ride had broken down, so we waited in line about 25 minutes or so!

At this point we were getting tired. But as any kid at heart, the show had to go on!!! We then went and saw Spectromagic 02 03 04 05 06 07 08. We also partook of the churo right b4 the show! That was some good stuff, but of course Danny said the ones in DL are better!

We moved on to the castle when it was over to see Wishes 02. This was when I got it. Danny had always said I would understand the whole thing when i saw my first fireworks show. Boy was he right. I cried thru parts. In fact, as I am typing this I am listening to the CD of wishes that we bought. It brings tears to my eyes and a big giant smile to my face!!!!!

From Wishes, we went on to see the Haunted Mansion. That ride was pretty awesome. Not too scary tho.. hehe..

We then made way to the exit because i was sooooo tired. At this point we had run out of cigarettes, so we asked a women if we could buy a couple off of her. She gave us 2 for free! We talked to her for a bit and found out that they were from Wales.

Instead of going back to the hotel, I decided we should go back in for the extra magic hours.

Back to Space Mountain we went. We still had those 2 fast passes left, so that was how we used them!!! I really liked that ride! Afterwards, we went on the Mad Tea Party, followed by Snow White.

The last thing we did in the Magic Kingdom, was see Mickey's Philharmagic. I had never b4 seen a 3D show quite like it. That was probably my favorite show while we were there.

Before we left we went on main street to do a bit of shopping. Yay for Fantasia Mickey!!!

We headed out of the park to go back to the hotel. we asked the girl at the gate how to get back and she told us to take the monorail to the hub and then a bus back. Well, she was wrong. When we got to the Hub, we had no way back. Luckily, the guy running the Animal Kingdom bus gave us a ride back!

We then walked to get cigarettes, both tired and sore. The Hess station was about a 5 minute walk from our hotel. By the time we got back to the room it was after 2 am. Boy were our feet sore... I still have the blisters!!!
    09/02/2004 - Present

Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream only at night.
    -- Edgar Allan Poe

• Are we there yet!?!?!?

DAY TWO

We took a little more relaxed aproach to DW at this point. We got up at about 7 am to go to breakfast and meet up with the rest of our group. We ate at Camp May in our hotel. MMM!!!! We met Chip and Minnie. Danny and his Mom got a photo-op with Goofy too!!!

After breakfast, we went to Epcot. I was kinda unimpressed with Epcot, but we spent the whole day there. I think i was expecting the World showcase to be cooler... We went on test track first, which was really cool. It was the kids favorite ride (again till sunday). We went and saw Universe of Energy, which we rather enjoyed. The seats in the theater actually turn into a ride!! Then on to Spaceship Earth and shopping!!! We did a lot of shopping while were there. We went on Maelstorm after the shopping. The ride was neat, but the 5 minute video was BORING. After Maelstrom we went to the restaurant at the Coral Reef Restaurant at the Living Seas. The food was good, but Cinderella's Royal Table was better. The aquarium was awesome! We went to go see Soarin' but the line was waaaaaay too long! So instead we went on Living with the Land. That was neat, especially if you looked at the pictures of the apartment would you understand why i say that. The ride goes thru and shows different ways to grow vegies and such. I liked it.

After that it was off to The World Showcase 02 03 04 05. We went on El Rio del Tiempo, which seemed like it had no real theme, and was just thrown together. It was ok but seemed like a lot of mish-mosh. We made our way to China after that on my quest for Mushu, which i never did find. At least we got to see Mulan. Danny's sister and Aunt stood with her for a moment too. After that we went to see the American Adventure in the USA portion. Unfortunatly, i fell asleep because i was sooooooo tired and that when you put me in an American History lesson i get even more tired. I am told it was really good.

We went back to the hotel for a short nap. Then headed over to the Polynesian for the Spirit of Aloha. The show was awesome!!! The food was great too... Did i mention how much we liked the Pina Colodas. The guy with the fire was the best. They did a show where they spun torches and stuff. We will see that again!

After that we headed back to the hotel exhausted and went to bed for the night!
    09/02/2004 - Present

-- Edgar Allan Poe

• Are we there yet!?!?!?

DAY THREE

The next day we went to MGM Studios after another breakfast at Camp May. They had Storm Troopers standing guard at the door. We took a few pictures in front of the Fantasia Mickey Hat 02 03. And for a off guard shot. We went on Tower of Terror first. That was by far the favorite ride. AWESOME!!! I loved it. Then we went on Rock 'n' Roller Coaster. That was the coolest roller coaster i have ever been on!!!! After that we went to the Great Movie Ride. That was really fun! We then went on Star Tours 02. Which was really cool too! After that we ate lunch.

Then it was time to head back to the hotel and get ready for our flight back to Milwaukee. I had a lot of fun. If i learned one thing, it was just to let go and be a kid again. Something i had a bit of trouble doing on the first day. The other lesson. NEVER EVER do DW in 3 days!!! Our flight home was fine, we got upgraded to 1st class because the Emergency exit row was full. I'm 6'5. So the normal seats are a bit too small for me. It was also upgraded to accomodate for another group that wanted to sit together.

Danny and I will go back again. Next time we are probably gonna stay for 7 days at the Polynesian.

DID I MENTION THAT WE ARE GOING TO DL IN LESS THAN 3 MONTHS!??!?!?!?! hehe!! I cannot wait!
    09/02/2004 - Present

-- Edgar Allan Poe

• For old time sake

OMG how hot are you guys???
    Katie
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

• Are we there yet!?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Disneykat
    OMG how hot are you guys???
    Thank You!!! But keep your hands off my man... hehe
    09/02/2004 - Present

-- Edgar Allan Poe

• I was deleted.

Wow! Looks like you guys had lots of fun! I love the pictures!! Can't wait to meet you cuties too!

• That's Hawt

Great pictures! I am so glad you guys had fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• For old time sake

It sounds like yu guys had alot of fun. I am loving the pictures!!!!!
    Katie
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

• Hello there

Blog Entries
    WOW! It looked like you guys had a great time. Awesome pictures!!
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

• My cuties!

Great pictures -- I love how you put them in with your trip report! Sounds like you had a fun time! It will be interesting to hear how you like DL as compared to WDW.

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    how cute is danny!!!!! The tired pic of him is my favorite

(Don't worry, I am married and have no designs on your hubby, well, no non-hag desires anyways )
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries
    What wonderful pictures! You guys look like you had a blast AND still managed to stay sexy

Glad your trip was so magical, it's such a wonderful feeling to "get it" and be with someone you love. I'm so happy for you!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Are we there yet!?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by dramaqueen
    how cute is danny!!!!! The tired pic of him is my favorite

(Don't worry, I am married and have no designs on your hubby, well, no non-hag desires anyways )
    I would have to agree with you on that one... tho i'm sure he would argue that i am cuter!!!
    09/02/2004 - Present

-- Edgar Allan Poe

• Minion

I would

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast