Thread: Wdw Trip

Red Face Wdw Trip

My family and I are going to Walt Disney World at the end of September for 10 days. We will be at a time share for a week (Marriotts Cypress Harbour) and the moving over to the Wilderness Lodge for 3 more days. This will be our 20th wedding anniversary but we are going to spend it with our kids ages 12 and 16. My husband and I went to WDW for our honeymoon. Does anyone have any suggestions on special things to do and any comments on the place we are staying at. Let me know of any special places to eat dinner.
    Thanks

• I'll Break your Thumbs!!

Re: Wdw Trip

Welcome to micechat...

As I always suggest, make reservations for Ohana's at the Polynesian. Its probably the best food on the entire property...

• Circle of Ancients

^ Agreed!!!!

Welcome to MiceChat, in addition to the suggestion about 'Ohana ...

I'd also get the Mickey and Minnie Bride and Groom ears and make sure they know it's your 20th anniversary. The CM's will make your trip even more special than it already is.

• New Old Member

"get the Mickey and Minnie Bride and Groom ears"

This is a must!! Have tons of fun you kids you.

• Why can't you tune a fish

Quote Originally Posted by dzymommy View Post
    My family and I are going to Walt Disney World at the end of September for 10 days. We will be at a time share for a week (Marriotts Cypress Harbour) and the moving over to the Wilderness Lodge for 3 more days. This will be our 20th wedding anniversary but we are going to spend it with our kids ages 12 and 16. My husband and I went to WDW for our honeymoon. Does anyone have any suggestions on special things to do and any comments on the place we are staying at. Let me know of any special places to eat dinner.
    Thanks

If you can a) swing the price, and b) appreciate the food - Victoria & Albert's

I did my 10th wedding anniversery there (I'm divorced now, so maybe in retrospect it's not such a good place)

Seriously, it is very very nice (and very very pricey) despite the emotional baggage that goes with the whole deal, V&A's is still a very fond memory.

I posted the menu we had (it changes daily) on here before, but I forget what thread. If you are interested I can repost it to give you an idea of the cusine. It is jacket (and tie) required for men.

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Welcome to Mice Chat!

I also noticed a couple wearing pins from Guest Relations on my last trip, it even has a spot to write how many years its been. So don't forget to do that.

I might also suggest breakfast at Boma's if you like buffet's, the sausage and house juice is wonderful!

Happy Anniversary!

• She was sweet as a peach

You can get Anniversary buttons at Guest Relations. We got them for our 10 year anniversary. It was really nice having everyone wish us a Happy Anniversary and ask us how many years.

• Rat Tat Tat.

The California Grill on top of the Contemporary is a nice place too--a little expensive but not too pricey. You can also watch the fireworks up there where they even play the music to the show.

• I'm Engaged!!!!!

I cannot recommend the california grill more highly.
    It is a surreal experience. It feels like your dining on the clouds. The view is amazing. The food is fantastic. And the view of the fireworks is perfect. It is really a great experience.