Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• back to WDW in January

Woman Attacked at Teacup Ride

FROM CENTRAL FLORIDA NEWS 13:

A Lake County woman says she was attacked while waiting for the Mad Tea Party ride at Disney World and Disney's delay in calling sheriff's deputies could keep her alleged attacker from ever facing charges.
    Aimee Krause said another patron quickly escalated a dispute over the lineup for the ride.
    “I just kept feeling blows to my legs, my breasts, my head. As the punches were coming, I could feel something tightening around my neck. I could feel the clothes tearing and people screaming," Krause said.
    As bad as the attack was, Krause said she's more outraged over the way Disney handled the case. She said Disney security delayed calling Orange County Sheriff's deputies for 40 minutes – a lapse she said dramatically impeded the investigation and made it more difficult for her to press charges.
    “At least 120 people were there, because I don't know how many people are held in the teacups, but people had already been seated in their teacups,” Kraise said. “It was only myself as that woman attacked me outside of the teacup ride. There was at least, probably, 80 people in line.”
    Disney security spoke with people who saw the attack, but allowed them to leave before deputies arrived. Without sworn statements from witnesses, sheriff's office officials told News 13 they couldn't file charges.
    "They're supposed to have the witnesses come down to that security office so that they officers, the true law enforcement officers can interview them there. Had they done that or had the statement, Orange County Sheriff's Department could have made an arrest,” Krause said.
    Michelle Mauger, a friend of Krause’s, said she witnessed the attack.
    "The entire time we're telling them we want Orange County Sheriff's Office, and they said that they would not bring Orange County Sheriff's Office into the park,” Mauger said.
    A Disney spokeswoman said the park doesn't limit law enforcement access, but in this case, didn't see an immediate need to call deputies.
    Krause and Mauger said it should be the victim's call – not Disney's – on when deputies are summoned.
    “They're not safe. They're not safe because they're not following the protocol that they need to make sure that these people are taken care of,” Mauger said.
    According to the sheriff's office, the investigation is still open. Deputies are reviewing information documented by Disney security, and may re-interview witnesses to see if charges are warranted.

• back to WDW in January

UPDATE: Woman Attacked at Teacup Ride

Re: Woman Attacked at Teacup Ride

I saw the video and it looks like another person trying to get money out of Disney. As stated in the video the victum was "brutally assaulted and has bruises on the neck" I did not see any bruises on the neck that was shown on the video. Of course there was no mention as to when this alleged attack took place so I doubt it's validity altogether.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ti2gr View Post
    I saw the video and it looks like another person trying to get money out of Disney. As stated in the video the victum was "brutally assaulted and has bruises on the neck" I did not see any bruises on the neck that was shown on the video. Of course there was no mention as to when this alleged attack took place so I doubt it's validity altogether.
    I have to agree. Whole thing seems really fishy to me.

• Why can't you tune a fish

Here is my question. This woman, according to her statements, was beaten. Not shoved, not punched once, not slapped, but punched in the legs, head, and breast, her clothes ripped, and she was garroted.

This was witnessed by 80 to 120 people (according to her) who did nothing but scream. Are you telling me that nobody, not one single person, in a crowd of 120 people attempted to break up the fight?

So now I come to a variety of conclusions.

1) This woman is inflating this story just a bit.

or

2) My stock in general society has gone down another notch. Its great when people just stand idly by and watch one person beat on another. And people wonder why gangs are becommming so prevalent.

And if #2 is the correct conclusion, then what chances does the victim think she has getting someone to testify when they would not even come to her aid during a beating?

-dave
    Last edited by Phonedave; 05-31-2007 at 07:58 AM.
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I smell a faker.

• back to WDW in January

Aside from the statement over the lineup dispute there is really no specific information on either how the incident started or exactly why it happened. I understand that in todays world we must unfortunately be wary of things such as "road rage" and now apparently "line rage" but whatever happened must have been pretty serious to warrant such an allegedly violent outburst from the attacker. And I would have to believe that the castmember(s) on duty at the time must have witnessed something out of the ordinary going on - I wonder what their take was on the whole situation. Since the case is still open it will certainly be interesting to see how it all plays out.

• Yes?

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    Here is my question. This woman, according to her statements, was beaten. Not shoved, not punched once, not slapped, but punched in the legs, head, and breast, her clothes ripped, and she was garroted.

This was witnessed by 80 to 120 people (according to her) who did nothing but scream. Are you telling me that nobody, not one single person, in a crowd of 120 people attempted to break up the fight?

So now I come to a variety of conclusions.

1) This woman is inflating this story just a bit.

or

2) My stock in general society has gone down another notch. Its great when people just stand idly by and watch one person beat on another. And people wonder why gangs are becommming so prevalent.

And if #2 is the correct conclusion, then what chances does the victim think she has getting someone to testify when they would not even come to her aid during a beating?

-dave
    Even if I had witnessed this, but not interfered, I would have at least stayed to give a statement regardless of how long it took. I can't be the only person out of 80-120 who would do this? Definitely something not right here...
    Quote Originally Posted by larasound View Post
    am I the burrito man?

• Attn. Space Travelers....

Quote Originally Posted by ti2gr View Post

I had actually intended to post something about this, but to me, the woman was such a liar!! Out of all those people, apparently nobody tried to do anything or call the police themselves....hmmm....not to mention, we CM's NEVER hesitate to call emergency services..

This certainly seems to be another BS "lets get some $$$ from Disney" scheme....the story just didnt add up to me.....
    Blast Off Into Adventure!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheRockr View Post
    Space Junk once taught Peter Pan how to do Mick Jagger's famous strut.

• I was deleted.

"But WE wanted the yellow teacup!"

I'd imagine if they didn't call police immediately, it probably had to do with a lack of anything convincing at the time. If the "clothes tearing" and massive bruises were actually there I doubt people would've just let it happen.
    Last edited by Alpine; 05-31-2007 at 12:33 PM. Reason: spellign

• Disney Memory Maker

Oh give me a break. So she's basically saying someone beat her up to a pulp, tried to strangle her and basically raped her...... and that the 80-120 people around you did nothing and not one of them stayed to tell the cops? That Disney would simply let everyone leave? That they wouldn't even call the cops for 40 minutes? That the accused person simply got away with security doing squat. As John Stossel says..... Give me a break!

Quote Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• Disappearing/Reappearing

ahahahahahahaha.

sounds like a faker.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

Wow... and dissing the Disney security as not law enforcement officers ... wow.
    I'd think that, after interviewing the people who saw the attack, if the security thought the lady had a case, then they would have detained the guests instead of letting them go.
    Gah, I agree - FAKER!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

Stealing a picture from th News thread, but does anyone even SEE anything at all in this picture?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast