Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Re: Star Wars 'Land' in MGM?

Quote Originally Posted by KISSman View Post
    Hmm... that's interesting! I initially pondered what a Star Wars area would look like and settling on which area IS 'Star Wars' is quite difficult.

I think it'd be cool if they sectioned some of the 'land' into sections so that they could encompass a few of these uniquely different planets. I think I'd look for around 3 distinct areas within this proposed Star Wars 'land'.

Tatooine is a must! I could envision some shops, stands and my restaraunt idea in that area.

I think a consideration of what the attractions would be might dictate some of the other planets.

I think it would have to be Endor or Dagobah, but ultimately Endor would probably have more to feature in it where you could have some Ewoks to have photo ops with and such. In Dagobah, there's just Yoda, some reptiles and a large unseen creature in the swamp water.

Even though many of the settings within Star Wars are rather Earth-y, I think it might seem like something was missing if it didn't have a spacey, futuristic part to it as well. So I think the look of Coruscant would be something I'd like to see incorporated into this area as well.

Well, that's my take on it. Great question, Coheteboy!

Thanks for being like the only one to respond to this! We all know that one of MGM Studios downsides is the haphazard method of placing attractions and shows wherever they can fit regardless of what style they are. Having a Star Wars land with various planets in one land would also be adding to this problem.

So here's my proposal if there's the space for it, They need to have a STAR WARS GALAXY as a section of the park. Maybe pick 3 of 4 planets max and separate them in a way so that they don't face each other exactly or clash in anyway. Think World Showcase but with Star Wars planets maybe?

As you said, Kissman, TATOOINE is a must. Jabba's Palace can be one of the architectural landmarks of this section. A dark ride of "Pirates" calibur can be the anchor attraction where you board various Landspeeders and go through different Tatooine environments... from Banthas to Sarlaac Pit, Jawas to Mos Eisley, with Jabba the Hutt animatronic and an escape from the Rancor being the finale. Having a real Mos Eisley Cantina here is a no brainer too. Would be cool to see photographic opportunities with large scale Dewbacks and Banthas and maybe a Jawa Sandcrawler as well.

Another E-Ticket would of course be a podracing attraction.

Tatooine walkaround characters: Luke, Cantina Aliens, Jawas, Sandtroopers, Jabba's Palace aliens.

Planet #2 should be CORUSCANT, the capital of the Republic. Here's where the imagineers and ILM can go nuts with various skyscrapers. Potential places to visit: Jedi Temple, Senate, Dexter's Diner, Nightclub, etc.

Possible attractions here would obviously be the Jedi Training Academy, various speeders or ships. Here is where the original or updated Star Tours would best fit. Not with an Endor set but as an actual space port. Another attraction could be a variation on Space Mountain. You board air speeders and fly through the skies of coruscant. All around the track are other ships passing by, buildings, aliens, neon signs, everything.

Walk around Characters: Anyone and Everyone, especially Jedi and aliens and droids

Planet #3 and probably should be the final locale is ENDOR. Reason being is that it's a certain nod to the old Star Tours set up and also because Ewoks are fun for picture taking, and here is where they can have some impressive AT-ST or AT-ATs looming overhead. Speederbike chase is an attraction possibility but I think what might be cool is something a bit different. Endor can what appears to be the smallest planet locale, but actually the same size. There should be an attraction where everyone boards a landing shuttle (baby motion simulator) that lifts off from Endor but goes to the Imperial Star Detroyer (or Death Star). Here is a big lair to explore that's themed entirely to the Imperials.

And another thing that would be cool is if the Star Tours ride that took you to Endor exited in Endor... and the star tours that took you to Tatooine exited in Tatooine.

ANNNYYHOOO... just some random thoughts. It would be fun to play in that world that's for sure.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Senior Minion

they can barely keep star tours up and running
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

• I'm a guy

I agree with Coruscant. I think that it would create a futuristic like environment, which is what I think of when i think Star Wars.
    And since every species imaginable lives there, you could have the photo-ops with almost anyone.
    A ride that follows Zam Wessell through Coruscant would be neat

if they were to do this star wars galaxy they should use the star tours attraction to get from Endor to Corusant. They should have you come in on one side and then go on simulator and then come out on another side which would would be Corusant. Sorta like how they did the Hydrolaters

• Progressive Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Thanks for being like the only one to respond to this! We all know that one of MGM Studios downsides is the haphazard method of placing attractions and shows wherever they can fit regardless of what style they are. Having a Star Wars land with various planets in one land would also be adding to this problem.

So here's my proposal if there's the space for it, They need to have a STAR WARS GALAXY as a section of the park. Maybe pick 3 of 4 planets max and separate them in a way so that they don't face each other exactly or clash in anyway. Think World Showcase but with Star Wars planets maybe?

As you said, Kissman, TATOOINE is a must. Jabba's Palace can be one of the architectural landmarks of this section. A dark ride of "Pirates" calibur can be the anchor attraction where you board various Landspeeders and go through different Tatooine environments... from Banthas to Sarlaac Pit, Jawas to Mos Eisley, with Jabba the Hutt animatronic and an escape from the Rancor being the finale. Having a real Mos Eisley Cantina here is a no brainer too. Would be cool to see photographic opportunities with large scale Dewbacks and Banthas and maybe a Jawa Sandcrawler as well.

Another E-Ticket would of course be a podracing attraction.

Tatooine walkaround characters: Luke, Cantina Aliens, Jawas, Sandtroopers, Jabba's Palace aliens.

Planet #2 should be CORUSCANT, the capital of the Republic. Here's where the imagineers and ILM can go nuts with various skyscrapers. Potential places to visit: Jedi Temple, Senate, Dexter's Diner, Nightclub, etc.

Possible attractions here would obviously be the Jedi Training Academy, various speeders or ships. Here is where the original or updated Star Tours would best fit. Not with an Endor set but as an actual space port. Another attraction could be a variation on Space Mountain. You board air speeders and fly through the skies of coruscant. All around the track are other ships passing by, buildings, aliens, neon signs, everything.

Walk around Characters: Anyone and Everyone, especially Jedi and aliens and droids

Planet #3 and probably should be the final locale is ENDOR. Reason being is that it's a certain nod to the old Star Tours set up and also because Ewoks are fun for picture taking, and here is where they can have some impressive AT-ST or AT-ATs looming overhead. Speederbike chase is an attraction possibility but I think what might be cool is something a bit different. Endor can what appears to be the smallest planet locale, but actually the same size. There should be an attraction where everyone boards a landing shuttle (baby motion simulator) that lifts off from Endor but goes to the Imperial Star Detroyer (or Death Star). Here is a big lair to explore that's themed entirely to the Imperials.

And another thing that would be cool is if the Star Tours ride that took you to Endor exited in Endor... and the star tours that took you to Tatooine exited in Tatooine.

ANNNYYHOOO... just some random thoughts. It would be fun to play in that world that's for sure.
    Wow, I love MANY of these ideas and The Star Wars Galaxy would be a perfect name for this area of MGM!

I forgot all about Jaba! I always loved how they incorporated R2D2 and C3PO into the cue of Star Tours. Unfortunately, half of the time you end up breezing past them due to short lines inside. But with that concept in mind, how cool would it be to have a large animatronic Jaba, C3PO (his interpretor) and that cute-but-irritating Salicious Crumb to just laugh at stuff as part of the cue to an attraction?

I still would love to have a live action, effects attraction somehow incorporated into this area, though. I thought more about it and I keep envisioning it to be like Poseiden's Fury. Here's what I'm thinking...

I'd like for it to be something like where we have a Jedi guide and we are all deemed padawans (i.e. Jedi in training) and we are to go on a mission of some kind. The setting might be the inside of a giant Star Destroyer or like in the original movie so we move though some hallways or maybe walk over one of those bridges to move to the next room/area.

Maybe our group could be eventually captured by Stormtroopers and lead directly into the Emperor's Lair where we would our fate would be determined by The Emperor himself. But, while in there, a true light saber battle would take place where there would be smoke and other cool effects to really enhance the experience.

Heck, you could do something like they do in Terminator 2 3-D where you could have the real actors voices dubbed into the attaction and have the live actors pretend to be reciting the lines. In this case, Mark Hamill and James Earl Jones would do the voices for Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader and Ian McDiarmid as The Emperor.

They could either come up with a brand new scenario or just act out the ending of Return of the Jedi. Regardless, who wouldn't want to witness a live lightsaber battle between Luke and Darth??

All I know is that if they ever did something like The Star Wars Galaxy, people would infest MGM like never before!

If they build a Star Wars Land I hope part of it looks like this.

Have a supercalifragilisticexpialidocious day!

• We'll hold them at bay

I wrote an article a month or so ago on this very topic for Mouse Extra

http://www.mouseextra.com/2007/04/28...ours/#comments

I think its a great idea, would appeal to boys, would take some of the steam away from Potter, and would be extremely cool. Like I wrote, I would add an attraction, not change the current one plus at least add a TS based on the Mos Eisley Cantina- its so obvious I can't believe its never been done.
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by TBAAFAN View Post
    If they build a Star Wars Land I hope part of it looks like this.

As cool as that is, it's very reminiscent of architecture found in Europe and not immediately identifiable to the common person as "star wars".

And.... would you want a reason for Jar Jar Binks to be roaming the parks?

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Minion

I would love Star Wars or Indy lands, but with WDW's current stinginess I doubt they would live up to expectations.

Personally I would be quite happy if they rebuilt Star Tours along the lines of Spider Man and gave Orlando a proper Indy attraction (like Anaheim or Tokyo, not Paris).

• Banned User

Great idea. If the powers that be needed one, this could be it.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I doubt Disney will ever build a Star wars land. I personally would prefer they didn't. It's bad enough the franchise was not Disney produced and distributed, and I feel it should not be in a "disney" park. Just the same way I feel about the muppets.
    You secertly love the Muppets. lol

• ...TWO BITS!

I'd like to see a Star Wars land.

I also think Disney-MGM is a bit under-developed.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• We'll hold them at bay

Quote Originally Posted by filmfreak11 View Post
    I'd like to see a Star Wars land.

I also think Disney-MGM is a bit under-developed.
    Agreed. Especially for kids. There's like one ride really and some shows. LMA, Indy, and Sounds Dangerous are alla drag for little ones
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

I think Star Wars Land is unlikely to happen because Lucas is too busy into his 3D version of Star Wars and Indy4 project. I prefer Pirates' land. The reason Star Tours will be getting an upgrade is only because it's simply outdated. From what I have read I didn't see much of the invlovement of lucas regarding the new star tours.

• Disney Dreams

Only because I don't really watch Star Wars, or have much to do with it, I'd disagree on that. Disney should really just focus on repairing and enhancing what they currently have instead of jumping into something new. Universal/Islands of Adventure has already fixed everything and enhanced everything to the point where they can really do something new and not worry about the rest. I do agree with the poster that said something about making it similar to the way Spiderman is done, which is extremely well done and exciting. Disney should focus on really just adding more to what's there and getting that done. Then when they've finished and everything is totally awesome, they should expand.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast