• Minion

Park Hoppers on ebay... legit?

Has anyone purchased Park Hoppers off of ebay?

Are they legit? What is everyone's take?

Thanks,
    Aaron

• Original Mice-Chatter

I would not think so-
    One issue I can think of- even if you have a pass that has not been used- it seems unethical to try to sell them at a profit.

• Uber Disney freak! șOș

Quote Originally Posted by buzz lightbeer
    Are they legit?

Nope. Illegal in the wstate of Florida, PLUS you have no way of knowing whether or not they tickets are any good or are all used up.
    -Ann

WDW:
    July 1987 - offsite, 1-day visit to the MK; July-August 2000 - honeymoon - Port Orleans (now POFQ); May 2003 - Caribbean Beach Resort; Dec 2003 - Coronado Springs; April 2004 - Pop Century (PC) & POFQ; Sept 2004 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; May 2005 - Port Orleans Riverside; Sept 2005 - PC; Oct 2006 - POFQ; Apr 2007 - PC; July 2007 - Boardwalk Villas (WOO HOO! I was at WDW in the MK on the 20th anniversary of my first visit!); August - Sept 2007 - Old Key West; Sept 2007 - Saratoga Springs; Oct 2007 - BWV; Mar-Apr 2008 - SS

DLR:
    Dec 2001 - Grand Californian; Jan 2005 - GC; July 2005 - HoJo Anaheim & GC; Dec 2008 - Best Western Park Place Inn

p.s. Wanna buy a ?

• Mostly Harmless.

I bought a voucher for annual pass off E bay before and it was legit. As far as park hoppers go... you need to really trust that there are days left on the ticket and there cannot be someones name on it either.
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

• Uber Disney freak! șOș

^^ I'd worry about that, too, unless the original receipt for the AP was coming with the voucher so I could be sure that the serial # on the AP voucher was indeed the one on the receipt - that voucher could have been stolen from a store and not activated.

Glad it worked out for you, though, coastie!
    -Ann

WDW:
    July 1987 - offsite, 1-day visit to the MK; July-August 2000 - honeymoon - Port Orleans (now POFQ); May 2003 - Caribbean Beach Resort; Dec 2003 - Coronado Springs; April 2004 - Pop Century (PC) & POFQ; Sept 2004 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; May 2005 - Port Orleans Riverside; Sept 2005 - PC; Oct 2006 - POFQ; Apr 2007 - PC; July 2007 - Boardwalk Villas (WOO HOO! I was at WDW in the MK on the 20th anniversary of my first visit!); August - Sept 2007 - Old Key West; Sept 2007 - Saratoga Springs; Oct 2007 - BWV; Mar-Apr 2008 - SS

DLR:
    Dec 2001 - Grand Californian; Jan 2005 - GC; July 2005 - HoJo Anaheim & GC; Dec 2008 - Best Western Park Place Inn

p.s. Wanna buy a ?

• Mostly Harmless.

^^^It was a "free gift" voucher that Disney had given out. Basically a little green card that says you have an AP waiting for you. Same thing the Military Morale offices give when you buy an AP through them. Believe me though I made a lot of phone calls to WDW before I paid for it.
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

• Minion

Thanks for the advice!

My wife and I always buy our Park Hoppers through Disney, but I have a friend who wants to take his wife and 2 kids on a surprise trip. He called me, because he found all these Hoppers online and they claim to be new and unused and he knew we frequented WDW. The buyer feedback is 100% positive and of course, the price is a great deal.

Any ideas to why Disney wouldn't go after them? Seems like it would be easy to shut down.

Thanks again,
    Aaron

Disney has tried to go after folks who resell tickets. The whole new Magic Your Way tickets are designed to curb some of that by making people may more to have them good indefinitely (like they used to be) instead of having a two-week window to use them.

I, personally, would never buy them online because you have no idea if they're good., and I just find ticket-brokers of any kind to be seedy ...

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life
    The only thing you need to be absolutely sure of is that they have never been used...you used to be able to use tickets w/ a day or two left, but w/ the new biometrics scanners, they must be unused to work.
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!