Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

• Senior Minion

If You Ran Disney MGM Studios

Over the years it seems like MGM has lost some more than it has gained. Some new things here and there, but with each new attraction it is almost as if Disney is moving further and further away from their original idea to make the studios a working movie studio (with the exception of LMA) The studios have kinda been put on the back burner and no real major changes seem to be in it's future other than Disney deciding to drop the MGM and have it just Disney Studios, so i was wondering if you were at the helm of this potential powerhouse of a park, what would you do to change it?

Keep in mind all the success that USH has had with it's flagship park being based on a real working movie studio.

Me personally would start putting some animators back in those empty animation studio buildings!!!
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

Re: If You Ran Disney MGM Studios

Quote Originally Posted by Master Gracie View Post
    Me personally would start putting some animators back in those empty animation studio buildings!!!

I would rip out the studio buildings and expand the park.

Have a supercalifragilisticexpialidocious day!

I would bring the Indiana Jones ride from Disneyland into MGM (or perhaps the Indie rollercoaster from France); I would deal with Lucas to add more Star Wars rides; I think the idea to let Pixar use this park as a showcase is a great idea, including a Cars race track where the stunt show is now -- that ride is fine, but it will grow old really quickly; and I would add another sit down restaurant.

I would have loved to see Disney get Harry Potter, but that is a done deal. What about Lord of the Rings; you could have a whole theme park on this one.

• Senior Minion

Lots of good ideas! ^^

Bulldoze it!

• She was sweet as a peach

I second wanting an Indy ride to replace the show.

They should update the Playhouse Disney show to reflect the current line-up. Bear in the Big Blue House is not on anymore and Stanley is on so early in the morning. They can keep JoJo and add the Little Einsteins and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.

Re-do the Star Tours movie (hopefully that is a reality).

Make the Backstage tour fun again. They used to show a short Bette Midler Movie, tell you how they made it and then show you the props. They also showed you the bee scene from HIStK and then let a couple of people recreate it. You used to be able to see where shows were being filmed. I would love to be able to spend more time in the prop warehouse.

Find something new to replace MMPR. I am glad they are there but I remember when they had a short TMNT show and they had a Goosebumps show and haunted maze. I never saw the Dick Tracy show.

Bring back Superstar TV!!!

• Banned User

If I ran Disney MGM Studios I would be aggressively going after George Lucas and Jim Henson's family. MGM needs a permanent Star Wars land to anchor Star Wars weekends, we need at least one major Indiana Jones ride, and we need some Muppet attractions and it would be cool to get the rights to Jim Henson's movies Labyrinth and Dark Crystal and make attractions based on theme inside of Muppetland or something.

If i ran the Studios,

1: The voyage of the little mermaid would be replaced with Animagic from Disney Studios Paris

2: Replace Beauty and the Beast show with a Nightmare before Christmas attraction

3: Backlot tour would be updated

4: Star Tours would be updated

5: ABC theater would become an Incredibles 3-D show

6: Indy ride would replace Indy stunt show

• Senior Minion

So a lot of people want another Indy ride to replace the show, just imagine how sweet this would be with Indy 4 coming soon. Hey if MGM was in any way functional they should film the some of the movie in the park and hey, could it be a attraction cookin? Please tell me you smell what i'm cookin if i ran Disney MGM Studios

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

• The park's name would be changed to the "Walt Disney Studios Park Florida" (DCA would become "Walt Disney Studios Park California")
    • One Man's Dream would move to the Magic Kingdom where the Walt Disney Story used to be.
    • Indiana Jones would get a mini land, including the rollercoaster from Paris, the stunt show, and the ride from Tokyo.
    • Star Wars would get a mini land, including a new version of Star Tours, the jedi training academy in a more permanent building, the star wars cantina from the first movie, and a pod racing coaster.
    • Muppets would get Muppet Studios as it was intended, but with some minor changes in the design of the ride.
    • Mama Melrose's would become Gonzo's Pizza Parlor.
    • The current Pizza Planet arcade would be used for a new muppet themed store, and the current store would be the entrance for the Muppet Movie Ride.
    • Pizza Planet would be built in a new area of the park towards the back, called Pixar Studios.
    • Pixar Studios would include Toy Story Midway Mania
    • Honey, I Shrunk the Kids Movie Set Adventure would be re-themed based on "a bug's life" and would become part of the PIXAR Studios area of the park
    • Backlot Tour would close.
    • An Incredibles themed attraction would be built in place of some of the area on the Backlot Tour.
    • Carsland would be built, and it would include the Lights, Motors, Action Stunt Show, as well as a Cars (the movie) ride.
    • Block Party Bash would replace the current parade, I'd move the current one to Paris.
    • The current Animation Courtyard would be re-themed to Disney Animation only. Playhouse Disney would be moved to the Magic Kingdom in a newly expanded Toon Town.
    • Animators would return to Florida.
    • The Animation Tour would gain a lobby similar to that of the one in DCA, as well as expanded theming.
    • A new area of the park would be created to showcase live action and more modern day things...
    • New operational buildings would be built in strategic areas around the park. The current buildings would be torn down.
    • A new cast cafeteria would be built, the current location will be removed to make way for this new land.
    • The new land would be accessed with two entrances, one at the Rock N Roller Coaster Courtyard, and one between Animation and the current Playhouse Disney building.
    • In the new land, attractions would be based on the making of Pirates, the Armageddon Special Effects show in Paris, and Cinema Magic, based upon the same movie in Paris.
    • Finally, The Great Movie Ride would be updated with scenes from more recent Disney Muppet, Lucas, & Pixar Films, giving a taste of all the park to guests.

That would fix the park.
    -Bill

• Senior Minion

Wow

Very interesting ideas, Bill.

Very.

I hate going out on a limb, but I'd be shocked if at least half of your list doesn't get done ... in one form or another.

Nah ... I'm thinking more like 3/4ers!

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974 View Post
    Nah ... I'm thinking more like 3/4ers!
    One could only hope. But alas, we all know the new name is Disney-PIXAR Studios. Branding is everything I guess. Bah. Makes it sound that only PIXAR stuff will be in the park because the Disney-PIXAR brand means PIXAR, not Disney. Every movie put out by PIXAR thus far has had that brand. By changing the name to that, it kinda screws up some things. But hopefully there is a good reason for that. If anyone would like to tell me and try to change my mind, please, PM me.
    -Bill

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    One could only hope. But alas, we all know the new name is Disney-PIXAR Studios. Branding is everything I guess. Bah. Makes it sound that only PIXAR stuff will be in the park because the Disney-PIXAR brand means PIXAR, not Disney. Every movie put out by PIXAR thus far has had that brand. By changing the name to that, it kinda screws up some things. But hopefully there is a good reason for that. If anyone would like to tell me and try to change my mind, please, PM me.
    Well I think Bruce Vaughn and the Imagineers are muppet fans because of the muppet mobile lab thing and I guess the folks at pixar are too because Bruce Vaughn's team went up to emeryville for a private showing with Bunsun Honeydew. A Disney-Pixar park should, in my opinion, be the ultimate movie tie-in park...The key Disney alliances should be represented Disney Animation, Disney Live Action, Touchstone Picturs (roger rabbit, nightmare before christmas), Jim Henson Stuff (mainly the Muppets), Lucasfilm (Indiana Jones, Star Wars), & Pixar.

I think they should dump Rock & roller coaster I hate this "hipster"stuff in the park. A better idea would be to replace that with a land based on hit tv show LOST (it would be cool across from Tower of terror since LOST is kind of the Twilight Zone to modern day audiances).

Now im curious, WDW1974, I remember some sources saying that a Nightmare Before Christmas darkride was in the works for the Studio...is this one of the possible 6 projects? I think that would be cool (and sell alot of merchandise too!)

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast