Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Wdw- Ep, Mk, Ak - 6/1-6/3

To start the summer off right and to meet with my wonderful Mice Chat friends, off my family headed to WDW for the weekend.

Should you wish to view all the photos I took this weekend, please see HERE.

Friday 6/1

First, we needed to check into the room. Port Orleans French Quarter is my favorite hotel in the entire WDW, so naturally I wanted some photos.

View From the Room

Umm, I'm a little nervous, I won't lie.

Jester at the Pool.

We stayed on Cafe au Lait Way in Room 5121, LOVED IT!

Time to catch the bus:
    Wait!

I got all the way over to MK and I phoned Fishbulb, only to discover they were at Epcot, so I headed over there and met some of the wonderful people I've had the pleasure to chat with online but not always in person.

Sadly, I only took one photograph that night because it was so rainy outside but I had the best time hanging out with some new friends.

Saturday 6/2

Unfortunately I was unable to make the meet because I had to take my daughter to the airport, but we did head to MK later in the afternoon.

Peekaboo!

After playing a little cat and mouse, we caught up with the group in Fantasyland, its a small world indeed.

I recognize these handsome fellas, do you?

Sirclinks and Belle, was such a pleasure to meet you! I really enjoyed our Disneyland vs WDW comparison discussions, you had some great information to share.

We then headed to adventureland and since I wasn't at the meet, I asked for a group photo. Thank you to everyone for granting my request.

It was then we all headed to The Jungle Cruise for a good time. The skipper we had was FABULOUS! He had some fresh jokes that I have never heard before, we were all laughing.

Since we had some time to kill before dinner, we opted for a train ride, as we passed Splash Mountain we saw this...

No water? What the..

It seems a lot of things weren't working in the park, we waited about 10-15 minutes at the train station so I took a boredom photo.

And we're off!

Dinner Time!

They so graciously managed to get my honey and I included in the reservation at Liberty Tree Tavern. It was really good home style cooking with characters!

Funny story with Chip, we were trying to figure out a way to tell the difference between Chip and Dale. I said, Chip is like chocolate chip, because his nose is brown. Well, it turns out his nose is black. so I kept confusing people. The worst part is when I asked Chip if I could look at his nose, he made the motion like I was drunk or something!
    It was all in good fun though.

Love ya Chip!

Witches of Morva told us a great story about Pluto's tongue being smaller than he remembers. What do you think?

The witches were in this picture but for some reason, this man was blocking them.

Poor Belle, she didn't know what camera to look at! There were about 4 pointed at them.

Rixter and MickeyMaxx, another lovely couple, what sweet dears you were, it was an absolute pleasure to meet you. Thank you so much for the great magnet, it's now resting comfortably on my fridge.

Dusty getting his smooch on.

After a full and rousing supper we decided to head towards Space Mountain, where I finally snagged a good night shot of the castle in all its blue glory.

What a great ending to the evening. I had great fun and finally got to meet some WONDERFUL people in person. Everyone was as sweet as can be and such a wonderfully funny group of people to hang out with. I can't wait to see everyone again in October.

Sunday coming up soon!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Re: Wdw- Ep, Mk, Ak - 6/1-6/3

What a great report Summer! One day I hope to meet many more MCers, as I only have really met a handfull.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Main Street with a friend

Summer, you've started another fabulous TR! Yay!
    "All our dreams can come true.....if we have the courage to pursue them."
    - Walt Disney

• Purple Crates ♥

Yay glad to see you had a great time with everyone!! I had original plans to come up there *this* weekend, but obviously couldn't do both weekends!

Laura

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Great pictures Liberty Tree is my favorite MK restaurant. Glad you had such a good time

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Sunday 6/3

Are you ready for some Animal Kingdom fun?

Whoa, crazy crowds!

After getting in we were hungry, so we walked over to Dinoland to see if they had any room left in Donald's Restaurantsaurus buffet. They did! So I snapped some photos while we waited.

This restaurant is so beautifully themed, there was so much to look at while we ate, I had no idea what a gem this breakfast was, I would definitely recommend it to anyone.

Afterwards we headed over to Dinosaur, wasn't sure that was a good idea just after breakfast but we all made it back.

Look out!

Can you tell I don't like loud noises?

It seems my honey Phil got himself caught in a roadshow near Everest, he got to play the Elephant who needed to learn an important lesson. LOL

[googlevideo]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2495804382848120380&hl=en[/googlevideo]

Tiger Time!

Can you see the drinking fountain? It actually works.

This trail is really beautiful, the animals are gorgeous and the theming is excellent through out.

This bird was just taking a bath, about 3 feet from us, was so cute.

This bird just popped out of the bushes, managed to grab this photo before she flew away.

Interesting statue??...

I didn't know I could see Kali River Rapids from this trail, kinda cool! Ride was working and looked okay to me.

This was a fun fountain the kids cooled off in.

Did you know there is this hidden section of seating directly across from the Tucker House with misters? It's never crowded and we took that opportunity for a tea slushie break!

Mickey slushies!

We were going to go on the safari but the wait time was 55 minutes and we were getting tired, so we headed over and caught Festival of the Lion King as my mother had not seen it.

As we were leaving for the day mom had to get her traditional popcorn bucket, she is a connoisseur of popcorn and Disney's can't be beat!

Mom being silly.

This is our family at the end of a Disney vacation.

Just kidding.

Until we meet again...

Last edited by SummerInFL; 06-07-2007 at 05:27 AM.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Funny story with Chip, we were trying to figure out a way to tell the difference between Chip and Dale. I said, Chip is like chocolate chip, because his nose is brown. Well, it turns out his nose is black. so I kept confusing people. The worst part is when I asked Chip if I could look at his nose, he made the motion like I was drunk or something!
    Yep Chip's nose is the dark one, like a chocolate chip. Dale's nose is actually red, not brown.

And Pluto's tongue definitely used to be longer than it was. Here's a pic of me with Pluto from March 1978 (I don't have a scanner so I took a pic of it with my camera):

(BTW, I'm on the right... I have no idea who the other 2 girls are).

Hey, great TR! Once I am finally able to move to Orlando after all this school nonsense I hope to join these meets and get to know you all better. I really enjoy reading these!

Oh, aimster, great pic of Pluto. I was recently looking through some pics with my mom from my first trip to WDW in 1986. There was a pic of my brother, sister, and I with Dreamfinder and Figment, and my mother goes, "Who's that kid?" Figuring it was like your pic with Pluto, and some kids just ran up into the shot, I looked...

"That's me, Mom."

It was me from behind, but still
    "When entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible. Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic." -Sam Eagle

"I may have invented these bifocals I'm wearing, but I can assure you they're not rose-colored" -Ben Franklin, The American Adventure

Beautiful pictures Summer thanks for sharing

FYI.... going through your other pictures I noticed that #167 is labeled as Doug, but he is really Stanley

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Great Report!!!! Puts mine to shame! LOL

Love the photos, the group photo is excellent! Now we have to photoshop in Fishy!
    -Bill

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Yay!!! Looks like a fun time had by all.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Very Very Fun Trip Report!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Magic View Post
    Beautiful pictures Summer thanks for sharing

FYI.... going through your other pictures I noticed that #167 is labeled as Doug, but he is really Stanley
    Oh my! You can tell my daughter doesn't watch that show. Thanks for the correction, I'll make the change now.

• World Traveler

Thanks for another great TR! I'm sorry I didn't go this year to be with you all.

• most magical vaca ever

Great TR Summer.... As ALWAYS
    ~~~~~~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast