Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Thumbs down Wilderness Lodge BGM Changed... GRRRR

It seems that someone has fooled with the Wilderness Lodge background music loop. Now, I don't know who did this, but someone mentioned some is the nature music you can buy in the gift shop. Other music is from "The Mighty Ducks". So it sounds like marketing did it.

WDI, please help us, restore the original music from the Lodge. The music for Wilderness Lodge is specifically chosen in a loop that fits the theme of the lodge. The new stuff doesn't, and it sounds like a marketing ploy.
    Last edited by Bill; 06-05-2007 at 06:57 AM.
    -Bill

• time to go

Re: Wilderness Lodge BGM Changed... GRRRR

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    It seems that someone has fooled with the Wilderness Lodge background music loop. Now, I don't know who did this, but someone mentioned it's the nature music you can buy in the gift shop. So it sounds like marketing did it.

WDI, please help us, restore the original music from the Lodge. The music for Wilderness Lodge is specifically chosen in a loop that fits the theme of the lodge. The new stuff doesn't, and it sounds like a marketing ploy.
    And once WDI solves that problem... please send them over to DAK and have them restore the "security video" that used to play at CTX's exit!!!

I'm confident the plug was pulled on those monitors so as not to compete with the on-ride photo sales nearby.

PHOOEY!

That security video with the Institute staff chasing Aladar through the hallways was classic Imagineering! (And the best part of the attraction, but I won't go into that now.) These are the details, the attention to theming and immersion which sets Disney theme parks above the rest.

But heaven forbid that riders should watch the security video instead of ogle at their carnotaurus paparazzi pics. WDI be hanged and all that crap, right?

"Dope smoking insects and reckless driving always work." -- Cousin Orville

• Disney Memory Maker

someone mentioned some is the nature music you can buy in the gift shop. Other music is from "The Mighty Ducks". So it sounds like marketing did it....... The new stuff doesn't, and it sounds like a marketing ploy.
    A marketing ploy? For some cheap sounds of nature CD & a 15 year old film hardly anyone remembers? Doesn't sound like a marketing ploy to me.
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

Is 'The mighty ducks' movie related to the anaheim hockey team- I never saw the movie but I think it is. If so, maybe it was a CM's attempt to celebrate the fact that they may win the stanley cup thurs night.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSkyDriveBy View Post
    And once WDI solves that problem... please send them over to DAK and have them restore the "security video" that used to play at CTX's exit!!!

I'm confident the plug was pulled on those monitors so as not to compete with the on-ride photo sales nearby.

PHOOEY!

That security video with the Institute staff chasing Aladar through the hallways was classic Imagineering! (And the best part of the attraction, but I won't go into that now.) These are the details, the attention to theming and immersion which sets Disney theme parks above the rest.

But heaven forbid that riders should watch the security video instead of ogle at their carnotaurus paparazzi pics. WDI be hanged and all that crap, right?

You know whats funny...now that everyone has camera cell phone's I have seen tons of kids and teenagers looking for their pic on the monitor and then taking several photos with their camera phone. One stupid old lady cast member noticed this and tried to rotate the pictures quickly to be a jerk but it was too late. I noticed this at DINOSAUR, Test Track, and Splash Mountain.

So if you want that stupid picture gimmick ended start using the camera on your cell phone and tell others to do it too.

• Sailing Away

It seems that someone has fooled with the Wilderness Lodge background music loop. Now, I don't know who did this, but someone mentioned some is the nature music you can buy in the gift shop. Other music is from "The Mighty Ducks". So it sounds like marketing did it.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!

I agree. I noticed the music change when I was there in May. I have the old loop on my computer and it was so disappointing to hear the new one. The only thing that kept me from getting really ticked was hearing Aaron Copland's The Promise of Living. The old loop had so much awesome Copland stuff and it's a shame to not use those pieces. I also recognized the main theme from Man from Snowy River and some track from Little Women. Those pieces are nice, don't get me wrong, but I also felt like they didn't groove with the Lodge feel. Is the new loop shorter, too? Maybe I just hit it at the right times, but I heard The Promise of Living many, many times during my stay. It felt as if the loop wasn't long enough. And where did the western themes go? I'm glad that you brought this point up. Don't mess with my Lodge music, man!
    "All our dreams can come true.....if we have the courage to pursue them."
    - Walt Disney

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster626 View Post
    I noticed this at DINOSAUR, Test Track, and Splash Mountain.

So if you want that stupid picture gimmick ended start using the camera on your cell phone and tell others to do it too.
    um, why waste batteries at test track, when we can get a photo pass and rip it from that, it's why i wish they would add the new photo pass stuff at other attractions. maybe everest and TOT next, I love those photos.

• Disney Memory Maker

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster626 View Post
    I don't get why you would want to get rid of it. Is it hurting you in some way? Are Disney CMs forcing you to look at the pictures? Do you not like to see guests rushing over to the monitors because they are excited to see their pictures up?
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by TheDisneyInquisitor View Post
    I don't get why you would want to get rid of it. Is it hurting you in some way? Are Disney CMs forcing you to look at the pictures? Do you not like to see guests rushing over to the monitors because they are excited to see their pictures up?
    Yes. Sleezy marketing schemes bug me.

I noticed the change in music at the Lodge today ... definitely another boneheaded, not-for-the-better, headscratcher.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nom View Post
    Is 'The mighty ducks' movie related to the anaheim hockey team- I never saw the movie but I think it is. If so, maybe it was a CM's attempt to celebrate the fact that they may win the stanley cup thurs night.
    Disney used to own the Mighty Ducks, now just the Ducks. The team was sold a couple of years back. The only relation between the team and movies was the name, because it looked like good marketting. Same goes for the Angels and Angels in the Outfield.

• MiceAge Columnist

And once WDI solves that problem... please send them over to DAK and have them restore the "security video" that used to play at CTX's exit!!! I'm confident the plug was pulled on those monitors so as not to compete with the on-ride photo sales nearby.
    When was this? Not too long ago (2 weeks? 3?) I was there and watching for my son on the ride (his first!) and the loop was playing in the exit. Maybe it was broken on your recent visit?
    Kevin Yee
    MiceAge Columnist

I am the author of several Disney books:
    Jason's Disneyland Almanac - a daily history of Disneyland
    Walt Disney World Hidden History - tributes, homages, and ride remnants at WDW
    Your Day at the Magic Kingdom
    Mouse Trap
    Tokyo Disney Made Easy
    101 Things You Never Knew About Disneyland
    Magic Quizdom (The Disneyland Trivia Book)

“The press [should be] a watchdog. Not an attack dog. Not a lapdog. A watchdog. Now, a watchdog can't be right all the time. He doesn't bark only when he sees or smells something that's dangerous. A good watchdog barks at things that are suspicious.” – Dan Rather

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

The loop is there, but it has been reduced to just one TV off to the side. It's not like it used to be.
    -Bill

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

PHOOEY!

You will be happy to know that when we were there just last Sunday, they had that video playing on the monitors. It really was funny.

• time to go

The loop is there, but it has been reduced to just one TV off to the side. It's not like it used to be.
    When I was there last fall, there were two monitors off to the left, up high. Both of them were dark; no video was playing. I assumed it was because of the on-ride photo sales to the right.

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    You will be happy to know that when we were there just last Sunday, they had that video playing on the monitors. It really was funny.
    YES!!!

Thanks for the info!
    "Dope smoking insects and reckless driving always work." -- Cousin Orville

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast