Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: What If Some1 Wore"Bring Back 20,000 Leagues"shirt in front of Pooh's Playful Spo

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974 View Post
    I would laugh at them and think 'they're wasting their time and looking foolish' ... now, I may agree with the sentiment, but that's something different.

The lagoon is gone for good. Something else may get built on that site, but it won't be a sub ride.
    Actually I had started typing nearly the exact same words but then I finished reading the whole thread before sending it.

Wow, I am actually agreeing 100% with WDW1974 on this one.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Re: What If Some1 Wore"Bring Back 20,000 Leagues"shirt in front of Pooh's Playful Spo

The best part of 20k was actually climbing onto and into a sub that looks like the one from the movie. The TDS varient looks stunning because of all the landscape and metal work. Having the volcano like that would be amazing, but they don't get to climb into the sub.. which is what I miss so dearly. The underwater part of the attraction paled compared to the sub itself unfortunately.

I could never see them spending 'today's cost' type of dollars on such an attraction though. They really need animatronics that actually swim around besides just flap or giggle.. or static props held by visible strings.

The original Living Seas was a good combination that lead to the suspension of disbelief. 20k was stepping into a classic.

I don't get all this 'anti pooh' stuff vs 20k though. Come on - the ride was closed for 10 years!!! before they filled in and built the playground. The playground was a space gap filler, not a replacement. They are only connected by real-estate.

I'm not a big fan of any sort of protests inside "the berm." Or of anyone trying to draw attention to any sort of cause while inside the Magic Kingdom.

The Magic Kingdom should be a place where everyone can get away from the conflicts, politics, and strife of the real world. Even the real "Disney" world.

If you were to just walk around the Park wearing that shirt...I think that would be fine. But to park yourself at the old location with the intent of being a human billboard...I think is as counter to the goals of the Magic Kingdom, as you might think the removal of 20K was.

So my vote is for "too much."

Write letters, start a blog or website, park your T-Shirt at the TTC, whatever. But my vote would be to leave it outside the Park itself.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by kcnole View Post
    That particular ride isn't any more expensive to build than Everest was. The problem is much of its outside theming is tied into the volcano at mysterious island. So we could easily get the ride, but I doubt our queue and outside theming would be anywhere as good.
    I would love to see Tokyo DisneySea's version brought to the Magic Kingdom, even if it means just the ride portion. Their show scenes are so elaborate and grand; very beautiful! They're easily a huge upgrade over the original 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea sets.

Outside Queue (Spiral Staircase)

Exit Area- Ramp

Neptune (Ride Vehicles)
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Minion

Just to clarify, Tokyo DisneySea does have a full scale replica of the Nautilus in Mysterious Island. It's purely to add to the atmosphere though, and you do not get to enter it unfortunately.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by Opus1guy View Post
    I'm not a big fan of any sort of protests inside "the berm." Or of anyone trying to draw attention to any sort of cause while inside the Magic Kingdom.

The Magic Kingdom should be a place where everyone can get away from the conflicts, politics, and strife of the real world. Even the real "Disney" world.
    Excellent points - and something I hope everyone learns from!

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    Just to clarify, Tokyo DisneySea does have a full scale replica of the Nautilus in Mysterious Island.
    Well.. full scale as in same size as the WDW ones were it appears. The movie one is much larger

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    Well.. full scale as in same size as the WDW ones were it appears. The movie one is much larger
    The Nautilus that appeared in the movie doesn't actually look bigger to me. Look at the picture below and compare to the previous picture of Tokyo DisneySea's Nautilus.

• Disney Dreams

I agree with TDR_Fan. The submarines are roughly the same size.

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    I don't get all this 'anti pooh' stuff vs 20k though. Come on - the ride was closed for 10 years!!! before they filled in and built the playground. The playground was a space gap filler, not a replacement. They are only connected by real-estate.

Come on ... this is a no-brainer.

They closed an E-Ticket (their designation, not mine or fans). They blatantly lied for three years that it would be coming back before finally admitting in 1997 that it wouldn't be.

They let the site sit ... after 7-8 years they stopped chloronating/treating the water so it attracted bugs ... they also stopped fishing out trash. So it became an ugly eyesore.

Finally, 18 months ago they drained the lagoon, filled it in with dirt and put a McDonald's style (only less money and less quality) kiddie playground on the same site.

And you really don't get why this pisses so many fans off?

• missing the DisneyGallery

Reminds me of a picture I saw about ten years ago of some guys riding down Splash Mountain with three signs (for the 3 rows of the ride vehicle) that read out

SAVE
    MR
    TOAD

• Disney Dreams

Quote Originally Posted by SciFi96 View Post
    Reminds me of a picture I saw about ten years ago of some guys riding down Splash Mountain with three signs (for the 3 rows of the ride vehicle) that read out

SAVE
    MR
    TOAD
    Sometimes I wish I were older so I could have enjoyed these rides when they were around -

• In Technicolor!

Quote Originally Posted by WDWGirl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SciFi96 View Post

SAVE
    MR
    TOAD
    Sometimes I wish I were older so I could have enjoyed these rides when they were around -
    Two solutions, for Toad and Subs anyway:

1) Time travel, or
    2) Visit Disneyland.

These are the games that never end.

• Disney Dreams

Quote Originally Posted by Ward View Post
    Two solutions, for Toad and Subs anyway:

1) Time travel, or
    2) Visit Disneyland.

But sadly, seeing as I'm on the other extreme of the US ( east coast ), that DL visit won't happen anytime soon

• Jerm is Food...Not Friend

About 5 min from where the Magic really started

Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
    Too much? or Would you applaud them.

I mean maybe there's already talks behind the closed WDI doors about bringing the lagoon back but what if there's nobody talking bout bringing the subs back.

What if a die hard WDW fan stood there... all day.

Too much? or Would you applaud them.
    I would walk up to them and tell them to get over it!
    Kungaloosh!

*END OF LINE*

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast