• Disney Memory Maker

July 4th at Magic Kingdom

In the past few years, has Magic Kingdom closed to resort/ap guests on July 4th? I've gone there before on the 4th but have always spent the entire day there so as not to worry about being locked out. Ideally, I'd like to spend the morning at Epcot (Extra Magic Hour) and go to MK in the afternoon/early evening. Thanks for any information.

-Michael
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• Uber Disney freak! ºOº

It has closed from what I've heard, yes.
    -Ann

WDW:
    July 1987 - offsite, 1-day visit to the MK; July-August 2000 - honeymoon - Port Orleans (now POFQ); May 2003 - Caribbean Beach Resort; Dec 2003 - Coronado Springs; April 2004 - Pop Century (PC) & POFQ; Sept 2004 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; May 2005 - Port Orleans Riverside; Sept 2005 - PC; Oct 2006 - POFQ; Apr 2007 - PC; July 2007 - Boardwalk Villas (WOO HOO! I was at WDW in the MK on the 20th anniversary of my first visit!); August - Sept 2007 - Old Key West; Sept 2007 - Saratoga Springs; Oct 2007 - BWV; Mar-Apr 2008 - SS

DLR:
    Dec 2001 - Grand Californian; Jan 2005 - GC; July 2005 - HoJo Anaheim & GC; Dec 2008 - Best Western Park Place Inn

p.s. Wanna buy a ?

Michael, I have NEVER seen them not let resort guests into the parks (even EPCOT on 12/31/99), so if you're going to be on-property, I wouldn't worry about it.

I'm sure the MK will close to day guests very early on the 4th, but likely reopen as people leave. FWIW, I'd rather be at Epcot at night because their July 4th show is just incredible.

• Disney Memory Maker

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974
    Michael, I have NEVER seen them not let resort guests into the parks (even EPCOT on 12/31/99), so if you're going to be on-property, I wouldn't worry about it.

I'm sure the MK will close to day guests very early on the 4th, but likely reopen as people leave. FWIW, I'd rather be at Epcot at night because their July 4th show is just incredible.
    Ok, I'm glad. I know that resort guests is one of the last phases, but I just wanted to make sure.

After FitS, if we don't stay in MK, I'm going to try and catch Illuminations too. Epcot definately has the best finales.

-Michael
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• Banned User

Mike, go to the Magic Kingdom on the 3rd. The special fireworks will be at the MK on the 3rd and 4th. Then go to Epcot on the 4th.

The Magic Kingdom does expect the largest crowd to date this year for the 4th, and they do expect to go into the 4th stage of closing, which is basically you can go in once someone leaves. So, expect it to be insane.

Please look at this updated schedule.

http://www.micechat.com/showthread.php?t=6774
    Last edited by captsmith84; 06-24-2005 at 01:23 AM.

• Disney Memory Maker

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    Mike, go to the Magic Kingdom on the 3rd. The special fireworks will be at the MK on the 3rd and 4th. Then go to Epcot on the 4th.

The Magic Kingdom does expect the largest crowd to date this year for the 4th, and they do expect to go into the 4th stage of closing, which is basically you can go in once someone leaves. So, expect it to be insane.
    Believe me, if it were just me, I'd go to the Sudios in the morning and Epcot at night. However, my family would rather go to MK because it is the most Patriotic park (plus, we have reservations at Crystal Palace). Part of me likes July 4th at MK simply because it is more July 4th-like. Last year, I went to the Studios at night and you would never know it were July 4th (plus, the fireworks were horrible). I have a scary feeling I'm going to be at MK all day.

-Michael