Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by neuhickman79
    I think some of the CM's at WDW don't have respect for the Disney name. I could be wrong though.
    On this, you absitively, posalutely are not wrong.

WDW CMs just aren't what they once were.

• Loves a tea party!

sorry-

accidentally hit a wrong key and double posted!
    Last edited by AllisonWonderland; 06-23-2005 at 04:23 PM. Reason: accidental double post

• Loves a tea party!

What a sad story. One difference I noticed while at WDW (vs. DLR Peter Pan) is that in the MK, PP ride vehicles actually never stop in the course of normal loading. Instead, like the Haunted Mansion, you step onto a moving belt and load while the vehicles are moving.
    However, while riding PP last Saturday, we did experience a stop along the way so someone must have been accommodated with extra time for loading.
    Hopefully this was just a single shift manager and not a standard policy being set as it does sound illegal to me!

• Banned User

Greetings. It is not WDW Policy for Peter Pan to be stopped for Guests with Disabilities. It detracts from the ride experience for other guests. CMs are instructed to keep the ride moving at all costs, unless there is a safety risk.

The CMs SHOULD have slowed down the ride for him, and then let him board. If he couldn't make it (which is rather unlikely) then they always have an e-stop button they can use, which is a pain for the CMs, but it's nothing horrible. I think you were simply a victim of lazy Cast Members. Most moving platform rides now include wireless remote controls that are given to CMs operating the attractions at unload so they can remotely control the speed of a ride using the omni-mover system.

Peter Pan in Disneyland is a completely different system controlling the attraction. There is no moving platform, and the ride uses standard dark ride controls, not like the advanced WDW version.

Either way, you were not treated properly, and you should talk to Guest Relations.

Geee, I hope Disney is aware of all the times they were let 'off the hook' in regards to getting sued. Maybe someone should create a lawyer clip, you know, so you can have one clipped next to your cell phone and have he/she with you at all times. Imagine all the money you could make! Why, I'd sue everyone!

I appreciate your concern over your brother. You're story gave me the impression that anyone that looks at your family wrong gets a call from an attorney.

• Minion

That's a good judgement to make on me since you don't know me. My family has only sued one time and that's because my developmentally disabled sister got raped in the bathroom at her school by 4 boys in her class because the teacher wasn't paying attention. We don't have an attorney, you DON'T know me, and I DON'T think you should be making assumptions about things you OBVIOUSLY know nothing about!!! So, next time you have a comment to make like that....keep it to yourself!!!!

• Minion

That's really sad. We went to WDW a few years back with some older friends of ours. The wife suffers severe mental degeneration, uses a wheelchair, and has very limited physical/mental capacity. This trip was their last one to WDW as a couple because of her degenerative state. On Haunted Mansion we experienced a similar type of issue, but it was getting off the ride. They refused to stop the buggy. She almost ran straight into the barrier where the buggies go into the tunnel. My husband and her husband had to physically lift and pull her - mind you, while on that moving conveyor belt - it was really a disgrace. I was completely dumbfounded. We've come to realize that there's a huge difference between Magic Kingdom and WDW in general compared to DL/DCA. West Coast vs. East Coast maybe? I don't know. But what they did to your family and what happened to our friend is disgraceful.

• Banned User

Like I said... CMs are instructed to slow the ride, but not stop it at all costs.

Every time a ride stops, a guest feels that the ride broke down...

• insufferable know-it-all

I'm inclined to believe that local culture also has a little to do with it. One thing I noticed working in the airline industry was that I could tell almost immediately if I was speaking with a Florida ticketing agent. They were rude, nasty to the customer, etc. Now, I never personally noticed anything like this at WDW, but then, I haven't been there in 10 years either.

Perhaps some of that spills into WDW by way of local (eg: Florida) work culture?

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Minion

that would explain the rude people at the airport then

• insufferable know-it-all

Yes, I swear to you the Florida airport people are some of the rudest you'll come across! Even worse than Maui airport security!

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Newbie.

Quote Originally Posted by neuhickman79
    Those CM's are just lucky that Eric(my husband) and I had already gone home and were sitting at work in Wisconsin when this happened. It would NOT have been pretty!

I'm sorry your family members had an unpleasant experience at Disneyland. It sounds like since the manager said the same thing as the cast member, that a policy has been put in place by someone, and therefore a complaint should be made to guest services. But to threaten the poor cast member that's only doing his job, and getting ugly about it would have solved nothing. I'm not defending the policy, just don't take it out on someone who has no authority to change it. Go thru proper peocedures, and chances are that the policy will be looked at. Threatening cast members only makes the matter worse, and "getting ugly" is something left to wild animals and not civilized human beings.
    As nice as the other parks are, we must always remember that it all began at Disneyland. Disneyland should be the crown jewel in the Disney crown.

• Newbie.

Sorry, I meant Walt Disney World, not Disneyland.
    As nice as the other parks are, we must always remember that it all began at Disneyland. Disneyland should be the crown jewel in the Disney crown.

I have been to state fairs and such before where they absolutely refused to let me ride on their rides but who wants to ride on those unsafe rides anyway?
    I know that portable rides are not subject to the same accessibility requirements that permanent rides are, that could be an issue.

As for Peter Pan, I know that Mansion at WDW did not have "creep mode" like Disneyland. That is, the ride could not be slowed down for disabled guests to board, it could either operate at it's normal speed or had to be stop. Does Peter Pan have "creep mode?" It seems like the vehicles already travel very slowly through the loading area.

Cris

• Minion

UPDATE!!!!...my mom did not get very mad and my brother did not start cursing...that part of it was an embellishment on the part of my 10 year old brother. But, the rest of it happened and my mom says she is going to write a letter.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast