Thread: cheap water

Cool cheap water

I am going to WDW for the first time end of june. I've heard there is a store where you can stock up on water and other stuff cheaply within the resort grounds. Can any WDW veterans help me out on this? true or false and any suggestions.

• She was sweet as a peach

Re: cheap water

I don't know of a store on property that sells anything cheap.
    Maybe the gas stations. There are a couple of Hess stations throughout the property and their stuff might be a little bit cheaper than in the parks and hotels.

• Say no to Assimilation

If you have a rental car, there are a few grocery stores within 10 minutes drive. We leave tomorrow for WDW (YEEEAAHH!!!) and we are going to Winn Dixie because they have 24 packs of bottled water for 4.99. Compared to $2 a bottle at the parks. I know there is a Publix, Goodings, and Winn Dixie near by and a super wal-mart. They are all off property though.
    "He who knows only his own side of the case, knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them. But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side; if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion" --John Stuart Mill

• I'll Break your Thumbs!!

Quote Originally Posted by berozz View Post
    I am going to WDW for the first time end of june. I've heard there is a store where you can stock up on water and other stuff cheaply within the resort grounds. Can any WDW veterans help me out on this? true or false and any suggestions.
    I just posted this in the other water thread....

Quote Originally Posted by Parisi
    just as a side note... the hess station right near the poly hotel had small bottles of Dasani Water for like $.79 when I was there last week. I picked up a few and kept them in my room.

Also, I saw a deal at one of the supermarkets right outside wdw at the crossroads... it was 2 24pks of Dasani water for $8. and these were the normal size bottles. Not the mini's or the huge ones...

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Go to Goodings over at the Crossroads. It's right across the street from Hotel Plaza Blvd (which is by Downtown Disney)

There is a gas station across from Downtown Disney that has some cheap stuff. I think you could walk there from DD.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Go to Goodings over at the Crossroads. It's right across the street from Hotel Plaza Blvd (which is by Downtown Disney)
    Goodings is the most overpriced grocery store in all of the Orlando area. I'd never tell anyone to go there, except for the locations and the fact it is open 24 hours. lol

Locals shop at Publix. Decent prices, (not the cheapest) but with a Disney level of service and cleanliness that we're willing to pay for.
    -Bill

^^Well I only mentioned Goodings because of its location.

Over here, Publix is the most overpriced grocery store. But I love the subs from the deli so I make an exception. I buy my groceries at Super Target.

Where can you buy the lanyard attachment that will hold your bottled water? We looked for one at WalMart today with no luck.
    Love Shaq U 38

Overated State U 24

LSU only 2 time BCS Champions

I think you buy those at the park. I have no idea how much they are though. I just carry a bottle from home in my messenger bag or sometimes I'll bring a small soft cooler filled with 3-4 bottles & a small package of Oreos to store in a locker and switch them out as necessary.