Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• Suspended

MK Expires today

And so, after 20 something years of DL usurping MK, MK has FINALLY become irrelevant and had its expiration date pass. How? Because after [B]NINE LOOOOONG YEARS[B] the power of APs, Tony Baxter, and Matt Ouimet have brought back the Submarine Voyage. Do you know how this is going to look?? This is the biggest bitch slap to MK since the New Fantasyland, Indy, and the opening of Toontown. This is going to make MK look worse than it is. That DL actually made the effort and MONEY to resuerrect a closed attraction and we get the WalwhitetrashMart Pooh reststop. They get a "NEW" E Ticket and we get REALLY BAD CGI Monsters. See what i mean? The diffrence between the parks will be more startiling and now people will see which one REALLY cares. Do you know how many ppl ask "Wheres Indy" at MK? Well waitill they find out the ONLY place they can ride in a submarine is 3,000 miles away. It seems theres only ONE place where dreams come true. So i say, let MK degenerate into a Stitch, Monsters, Pooh, Princess, Pirate, free forall. It will make MK look better. Bless you DL.

• The Darkness to Light

Re: MK Expires today

You know, I was hoping this kind of effect would happen some time later. It's nice to see that it's starting sooner than I thought.

Too bad it's not happening on the scale I would like it to, but I'll give it time.
    WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

• back to WDW in January

Quality vs. Quantity

Disneyland = The Magic Kingdom, DCA, Downtown Disney, 3 Hotels

Walt Disney World = The Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, Disney-MGM Studios, Epcot: Future World & World Showcase, Downtown Disney, Pleasure Island, Typhoon Lagoon, Blizzard Beach, Value Resorts, Moderate Resorts, Deluxe Resorts, Disney Vacation Club, Fort Wilderness, The Boardwalk
    Last edited by tjcjr; 06-11-2007 at 06:05 AM. Reason: spelling

• Circle of Ancients

I just don't get all the bashing the MK gets. I really don't.

The park itself is absolutely gorgeous. Even when it's busy, it doesn't feel busy. Their fantasyland dark-rides are better than Disneyland's, hands down. They have Philharmagic. They still have their peoplemover. Their Splash Mtn and Big Thunder are better. HM is getting it's much deserved rehab. Swiss Family Treehouse is still there.

Sure Disneyland is great ... But so is the MK.

Does the MK have it's issues. Sure. But so does DL.

Personally, I'm tired of seeing all of the MK vs DL comparisons.

And then again, like the above poster said ... DL + DCA + DTD + 3 hotels (2 of which are ancient) do not = WDW.

You can't just look at the WDW experience as 1 park.

• Yes?

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post

The park itself is absolutely gorgeous. Even when it's busy, it doesn't feel busy. Their fantasyland dark-rides are better than Disneyland's, hands down. They have Philharmagic. They still have their peoplemover. Their Splash Mtn and Big Thunder are better. HM is getting it's much deserved rehab. Swiss Family Treehouse is still there.

And then again, like the above poster said ... DL + DCA + DTD + 3 hotels (2 of which are ancient) do not = WDW.

Good to know I'm not alone....but I have to admit I have never been to DL and never will. And I know plenty of people here in FL who have experienced both parks and prefer WDW to DL.
    Quote Originally Posted by larasound View Post
    am I the burrito man?

• Lonestar Louisianian

I've never been to Disneyland, and I do indeed hope to go one day (as well as all other Disney parks once I win the lottery), but I cannot fathom why people like to compare the two. They are each their own Disney experiences, both with their own plusses and minuses. To constantly bash one park over the other seems rather petty to me.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

I agree!

Ditto

Talking Re: MK Expires today

I totally agree! And don't forget we have the Carousel of Progress!

• Suspended

Their fantasyland dark-rides are better than Disneyland's, hands down.

This is not even worth responding too, EXCEPT to say, maybe you forgot that little Tony Baxter project in 1983 Clinks?? You know the one where the darkrides were brought up to STANDARD?? <COUGH COUGH>. Kim Irvine Allsion sure as hell aint at MK to make sure the darkrides look like they openend when they did 24 years ago.

• back to WDW in January

Comparisons are inevitable. If folks were not comparing Disney parks to each other, theyd be comparing them to rival parks such as Universal. Which is better, which is bigger, which is cheaper, which has the best food ... it's human nature and it's inescapable. It is part of our culture and we witness it on TV all the time whether it be through a competitive reality show or a "Best Of ..." Travel Channel segment. And comparisons can help to initiate changes and improvements to issues that may have been overlooked or, unfortunately, been allowed to continue.
    I believe comparisons become more problematic and less desirable to hear when the comparisons are based on opinions not fact. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and not everyones perception is the same but there are certain truths that simply can't be argued.
    In an effort to keep my response to a minimum, I will attempt to illustrate what I mean with the following example.
    WDW is still a beautiful park, there is no denying that, and I have thoroughly enjoyed visiting numerous times since 1978. During that time I have witnessed a significant amount of changes, some for the worse and some for the better. However as Kevin Yee might say WDW has definitely "declined by degrees" over the years in one particular arena where Disneyland has performed better.
    Whether it be due to a lack of consistent painting maintenence or an increase in the amount of "bad show" areas that now expose too many of the non-themed areas, WDW is in dire need of cosmetic improvements.
    Thankfully this restoration is underway and I am confident that it will indeed continue however it is partly due to such aforementioned comparisons to another more well maintained park which helps to get the ball rolling for initiating such a strategy.
    Change is good, improvements are better and comparisons, though not always well received, can actually provide a necessary impetus to achieving such goals.
    Last edited by tjcjr; 06-11-2007 at 07:50 AM. Reason: missing word

• Minion

Well said!!

To me, the only thing irrelevant here is comparing different parks to each other. I mean, the YMCA in downtown Milwaukee has a much better pool and exercise area than the YMCA in our neighborhood. Do I care? Does it bother me. NO! Geez, just pick what park you like better, go there and enjoy yourself!

• The Darkness to Light

Quote Originally Posted by tjcjr View Post
    Quality vs. Quantity
    Bigger also doesn't always mean better.

I've seen smaller parades, sometimes as small as one one float, from TDL done in the rain that have the same charm and magic as Tapastry of Dreams from Epcot or the classic Electric Parade simply because the quality of the show was just as high as the multi-float parades.

That being said, HKDL's Adventureland and even Animal Kingdom seem HUGE (and probably are in one sense or another), but the level of detail and beauty in both those areas is equally just as grand. Some could/are argueing that point with WDW, but frankly, the property in Florida is too big to maintain the level of quality given the quantity of things to see and do there.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacha View Post
    Well said!!

To me, the only thing irrelevant here is comparing different parks to each other. I mean, the YMCA in downtown Milwaukee has a much better pool and exercise area than the YMCA in our neighborhood. Do I care? Does it bother me. NO! Geez, just pick what park you like better, go there and enjoy yourself!
    Why does this sound like one of those "If you don't like America, leave!" comments I always get when I express my political views? It's almost like you're saying to me in a round-about way that since I fancy the TDR on their level of live entertainment that I should go there instead of checking out what the other parks have to offer. I mean, it can't hurt to shop around, you know.
    WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

• Captain EO! :D

Quote Originally Posted by NatdRat View Post
    I've never been to Disneyland, and I do indeed hope to go one day (as well as all other Disney parks once I win the lottery), but I cannot fathom why people like to compare the two. They are each their own Disney experiences, both with their own plusses and minuses. To constantly bash one park over the other seems rather petty to me.
    My thoughts exactly. I get so sick of hearing "DL is better, it's the original...WDW sucks" blah blah blah. Whatever. I would love to go to DL someday, and I'm sure I'll love it. I love the MK and all of WDW. But they are completely different experiences, and I see no need to compare them or say that one place is 'better' than the other. I agree that doing that is VERY petty.
    ----------------------------------------

Jennifer

• They wanna know, HO!

Quote Originally Posted by JCSkipr79 View Post
    And so, after 20 something years of DL usurping MK, MK has FINALLY become irrelevant and had its expiration date pass. How? Because after [B]NINE LOOOOONG YEARS[B] the power of APs, Tony Baxter, and Matt Ouimet have brought back the Submarine Voyage. Do you know how this is going to look?? This is the biggest bitch slap to MK since the New Fantasyland, Indy, and the opening of Toontown. This is going to make MK look worse than it is. That DL actually made the effort and MONEY to resuerrect a closed attraction and we get the WalwhitetrashMart Pooh reststop. They get a "NEW" E Ticket and we get REALLY BAD CGI Monsters. See what i mean? The diffrence between the parks will be more startiling and now people will see which one REALLY cares. Do you know how many ppl ask "Wheres Indy" at MK? Well waitill they find out the ONLY place they can ride in a submarine is 3,000 miles away. It seems theres only ONE place where dreams come true. So i say, let MK degenerate into a Stitch, Monsters, Pooh, Princess, Pirate, free forall. It will make MK look better. Bless you DL.
    Well... SO WHAT? MINE IS STILL BIGGER THAN YOURS!

/me sighs

Seriously, who gives a flying POS. MK draws in the audience, WDW is spending money on the other parks that are lagging behind in attendance (AK, MGM, Epcot anyone?), and MK still offers a great draw.

In the end this is just another p*ssing contest thread between MK & DL that's old and stupid.
    ...a vaguely celtic music fills the air...

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast