Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SSE Question

• Minion

SSE Question

From what I've heard, SSE is scheduled to reopen from rehab on or around November 1. What are the odds of either soft openings, or possibly full opening of SSE in mid to late October?

I realize this is a question about something that's a long way off so don't go mental over this. Obviously there's no way to know for sure. Just looking for a rough guess based on past similar rehabs.

• If We Can Dream It...

Re: SSE Question

More than likely, your not going to see it opened until the scheduled opening date. At best, it will open less than a week early. With the major rehab SSE is getting, I wouldn't be surprised if they extend the closure dates a bit.
    - Horizonsfan

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Wouldn't it be great if SSE opened during MC Invasion II?

I however will take a more optimistic approach and hope that they were so excited they finished a week or 2 early.

• Banned User

it depends on how much is left to do. Since the test track bebacle, they really don't like to have a set opening or reopening day. It would be nice if it was done early but I doubt it just because they are doing more than refurbishing the ball. they are removing things around it too. I am looking forward to seeing it all done when we go for our annual holiday weekend.

• Why can't you tune a fish

Seeing as it looks like I will be going the second week in October or so, the odds are extremely good that it will not be open until AFTER that date.

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

• May the F=ma be with you

I't won't be opening any time sooner than the scheduled date. As far as I know,the indoor work will take place and the outdoor work may still not be finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

• Minion

Seeing as it looks like I will be going the second week in October or so, the odds are extremely good that it will not be open until AFTER that date.

-dave
    LOL! Isn't that how it always is? Actually, last year we lucked out and got on E:E during a soft opening.

BTW, what dates were you thinking? I was looking at Oct 17-22 or 24-29 for possible dates.

• Minion

Thanks for replies everyone. Sounds like it's really up in the air till we get closer to the estimated completion date.

Damn, both this and HM are closed next time I'm there? Two of my favorites.

• Attn. Space Travelers....

from what Ive been hearing, SSE will likely be down a bit longer than projected....its a big refurb after all, bit i think some optimism couldnt hurt, right ?
    Blast Off Into Adventure!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheRockr View Post
    Space Junk once taught Peter Pan how to do Mick Jagger's famous strut.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Space Junk View Post
    from what Ive been hearing, SSE will likely be down a bit longer than projected....its a big refurb after all, bit i think some optimism couldnt hurt, right ?
    Hope for the best and expect the worst, eh?

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

All I know is I want to know the day the wand will be coming down so I can go film it while its happening and cheer at the top of my lungs.

• Why can't you tune a fish

Quote Originally Posted by Pacha View Post
    LOL! Isn't that how it always is? Actually, last year we lucked out and got on E:E during a soft opening.

BTW, what dates were you thinking? I was looking at Oct 17-22 or 24-29 for possible dates.

Around the 17th I believe.

Its me, my friend, his wife, her friend, and her brother. So we have a bit of schedule mashing to work on first.

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    All I know is I want to know the day the wand will be coming down so I can go film it while its happening and cheer at the top of my lungs.
    Actually, I heard they were going to put up a second crane opposite the first one. It will be made from the leftover pink and gold pieces from the anniversary castles, and have the current year on top in big, purple numbers. Every New Years, at 12 midnight, the current wand will swing inward, make contact with the new crane and in a burst of fireworks, the year will change on the new crane. It'll be amazing!!

• Minion

Around the 17th I believe.

Its me, my friend, his wife, her friend, and her brother. So we have a bit of schedule mashing to work on first.

-dave
    Cool! Let's keep in touch, if you don't mind, about the dates. I'd love to meet another Micechatter (or Micechatters) if we do go this year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast