Thread: WDW in July

• Can't get enough!

WDW in July

Hey all! We have been to WDW six times and are about to make our 7th trip in July. We have always gone before in Dec. or Jan. What advice can you give me on going in the summer. I am guessing crowds but we have braved the week between Christmas and New Years twice so that's nothing new! Any tips would be appreciated. We are staying at Caribbean Beach for the 1st time!

It's kind of fun to do the impossible- Walt Disney

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: WDW in July

Expect it to be crowded and very hot & humid. Also expect it to rain for 30-60 minutes almost every day anytime between 3-6pm.

• Disney Dreams

Quote Originally Posted by tayakaleb View Post
    Hey all! We have been to WDW six times and are about to make our 7th trip in July. We have always gone before in Dec. or Jan. What advice can you give me on going in the summer. I am guessing crowds but we have braved the week between Christmas and New Years twice so that's nothing new! Any tips would be appreciated. We are staying at Caribbean Beach for the 1st time!
    As mentioned, the rain. But I've been during the summer multiple times, and if you can brave the crowds of Christmas and New Years ( which I have done as well ), you'll be OK The Caribbean Beach is a wonderfully themed resort which I stayed at in March, and it was great. The food court was great, and the theming is really tropical, so it really makes you feel like your on an island! Have a Fantasmic time!

• back to WDW in January

We have beeen during the July-August time frame for a number of years travelling down from the NE and yes you will encounter crowds but we too have gone during high vacation/holiday times and compared to those, mid summer is actually quite manageable. And remember the Parks are open later so if you get to the Parks early enough you can get lots done during the morning especially on EMH days. Try to scoop a few Fast Passes early in the day before they all disappear. And be sure to take advantage of the EMH nights as well.
    It also has a tendency to rain alot during the summer so be prepared with a poncho and/or umbrella but that can also be a blessing in disguise as folks tend to either leave as the rains come or arrive after the rains have passed.
    And it is hot so be prepared for that as well yet over the past few years we found that it was equally (if not more) hot up here in MA during those months so heat wasn't really a problem for us. Just have water handy and drink lots.
    And as you know, there are plenty of locations around and about to duck into for a bit of cool air conditioning if you really need to do that as well.
    Innoventions in Epcot for example is one place where you could spend lots of time escaping the heat.
    Take your time, space out your Park visits and use the resort pools to your advantage.
    It's a great time to take in the Water Parks too and they now offer EMH for resort guests as well.
    I am sure that you willl get valuable insight from other folks on this board as well but hopefully this bit helped provide you with some good info and addressed some of your concerns.
    Our next trip starts July 22nd this year and we are SO ready to go ....