• "There's always my way"

Suggestions for Star Wars Weekend

I'm going this weekend (6/16) to Star Wars weekends. I hear the park gets really busy with this popular event. I plan to get there extremely early, at least 30 minutes before park opening. I wanted to hear some suggestions of what to do first and so on. First thing I plan to do is get that fast pass to see the celebrities and what not. Does this fastpass affect the regular fastpass tickets for the park attractions (i.e. are they the same)? Also, how are the lines for the regular attractions?

Suggestions overall?

Thanks!

"Since the dawn of recorded time, communication has revolutionized our lives and changed our world. We now have the ability and the responsability to build new bridges of acceptance and cooperation between us. To create a better world for ourselves and our children as we continue our amazing journey aboard Spaceship Earth." - Jeremy Irons (Spaceship Earth)

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Re: Suggestions for Star Wars Weekend

I've never been, but thought I give your thread a bump and maybe someone else will actually reply.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Star Wars related, get a times schedule for the special shows, like the panel discussion. Also try to hit the line to meet Darth Vader as quickly as you can. It was like a 45 minute wait for me when I did it last year.

Oh and before opening and a little after, Stormtroopers will be patrolling the top of the entry gates, plus you might find more of them as well as some Clonetroopers atop the buildings on Hollywood Blvd. Expecting a lot of pointing. LOL!

hi!
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but other sites are reporting that people were lining up outside of MGM at 5am, with Ray Park's fast passes being gone by 7am and others gone by 8-8:30. so in comparison, 30 minutes early, isn't early at all. (we lined up opening day at 7:30/8:00 and there were about 70 people ahead of us) So my first tip would be to get there super early if you want an autograph fast pass. Also if you plan on taking pics with the characters, they are on an approximate 15 minutes out 10 minute break rotation, and the characters change, for instance, anakin, mace windu, shakk ti, and kit fisto, all rotate on one back drop, so you can get in line for anakin, but by the time your up there for your turn, it may be kit fisto. jango fett, boba fett, and sand troopers rotate as well. Chewbacca and darth vaders lines are always the longest, so you should get in those as fast as possible. the park in general is busy, so take advantage of fast pass where you can. there is a special star wars parade around 11am, and a seperate gift shop for collectibles called jabba's hut. Definately pick up a SWW map, to help you plan.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Also if you plan on taking pics with the characters, they are on an approximate 15 minutes out 10 minute break rotation, and the characters change, for instance, anakin, mace windu, shakk ti, and kit fisto, all rotate on one back drop, so you can get in line for anakin, but by the time your up there for your turn, it may be kit fisto.
    Sometimes you get 2 or even 3 characters at a time though. Last year I got a pic with Anakin and Kit Fisto all at the same time.

Question Re: Suggestions for Star Wars Weekend

Quote Originally Posted by AuroraRose View Post
    hi!
    ...fast passes being gone by 7am and others gone by 8-8:30. so in comparison, .
    How did they get the fastpasses so early? I hear they are only distributing these by the Indiana Jones Stunt Show. Are they letting people into the park early or is there another area in front of the park distributing these?

Are these fastpasses independent of the regular fastpass program at the park attractions? Anyone know anything about this?

"Since the dawn of recorded time, communication has revolutionized our lives and changed our world. We now have the ability and the responsability to build new bridges of acceptance and cooperation between us. To create a better world for ourselves and our children as we continue our amazing journey aboard Spaceship Earth." - Jeremy Irons (Spaceship Earth)

• She was sweet as a peach

Make sure you get the special Star Wars guide map I had to ask three different people before I got one-people just kept giving me the regular MGM one.

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

If you are going to be early, it's worth being there extra early. I think we were outside for at least 45 minutes last year. The reason that it is worth it is because (last year anyways) the clone troopers on top of the gates were riling up the crowd and getting everyone excited. It was REALLY cool.

Quote Originally Posted by EPCOT1982 View Post
    How did they get the fastpasses so early? I hear they are only distributing these by the Indiana Jones Stunt Show. Are they letting people into the park early or is there another area in front of the park distributing these?

Are these fastpasses independent of the regular fastpass program at the park attractions? Anyone know anything about this?

they set fastpasses up at the gates this year along with merchandise you can buy to have the stars sign.

i don't know if they are linked to the regular fastpasses, but i do know that everyone in your party has to be present to receive one.

mgmstudios.org has a bunch of info you can check out.

• Banned User

I have one suggestion: PULL the plug on the SWWnds. This year's event is simply BLAND. Same old same old... Even I have noticed the crowds are not as huge as they used to be. The novelty of it all has passed. Send it to DCA for good.

i'm going to MGM Studios on Sunday to see the Star Wars Weekends .

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DLRP_bopazot View Post
    i'm going to MGM Studios on Sunday to see the Star Wars Weekends .
    Oh good!!! READ your private message on MC.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I have one suggestion: PULL the plug on the SWWnds. This year's event is simply BLAND. Same old same old... Even I have noticed the crowds are not as huge as they used to be. The novelty of it all has passed. Send it to DCA for good.
    Thanks but no thanks. This is my first time going to this but I'm not basing my short trip on this. I'm going to hop around the parks. I plan to go to Universal Orlando on Sunday.