Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• I was deleted.

Re: WDW Theme Park Merchandise at WalMart

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    In fact, I believe the WalMart at the corner of Road 535 and the Osceola Parkway *is* the closest WalMart to WDW.
    Yes, I think that is the closest one also as the CP buses go to that one.

With some Wal*Mart politics aside... I have noticed that most stores in the Central Florida area carry licensed Disney merchandise. While the quality or overall designs of these products might be questionable or not very creative - they still exist. They exist in the cheap tourist shops off 192, etc., in Walgreens, etc. and Wal*Mart, etc.

What bothers me is that the news has decided to publish this as if it were something new? I mean, Bill hasn't seen any official park merchandise ... but maybe it hasn't shown up yet? I think it's just a marketing ploy to get Wal*Mart business and Disney growing in the Universal side of town.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Hmm, I'll check again later this week. lol I need another hot fudge sundae. I only had three yesterday.
    -Bill

• Banned User

Slow down on those sundaes Bill.. you do NOT want to get as big as most guests are at WDW.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan
    What bothers me is that the news has decided to publish this as if it were something new?
    EXACTLY!!!!

I of course... was curious... so I stopped by that store today (the shame)to see this "Disney" section myself.. Here is what I saw: A Walmart with a very fancy facade (makes the one located in MetroWest look like most branches located in Kissimmee catering to Puerto Ricans)... however, make NO MISTAKES. Once you pass the facade and go indoors, this WalMart is as plain and basic as any other Walmart happends to be. I went straight to the Disney section and found some Walmart female employee actually taking photos of the Disney area and telling the other employee next to her how nice this section of the store is. Sorry, but that gal needs to get out more often, and probably visit one of the many Indian-operated tacky tourist trap shops all over Central Florida. The reason why I say this is because everything I saw being sold at this Disney section in this new Walmart, CAN BE FOUND AT ANY TACKY TOURIST SHOP IN TOWN (like the ones frequented by Brit tourist on a regular basis, right Speedway?) and AT MUCH LOWER PRICES of those charged at this new Walmart. Furthermore... every Walmart in town has had a similar Disney section in them selling the same crappy Disney Dreams generic trash, so this new Walmart is NO different than the rest (except for that nice facade..of course). Also... as Bill stated, they do have a kiosk in the Disney area selling tickets. Well... guess what?! The same kiosk *ALSO* sells tickets to Universal and other area parks, not just Disney. So, that makes this kiosk a privately owned and operated business, within an already deceptive Walmart store.

Finally... don't let the Walmarts' everyday low prices policy fool you... While there, I identified several items I have seen at cheaper prices elsewhere... Example.. DVD's. Most newly released DVDs here were sold for $19.98, whereas the same newlu released DVDs are being sold at Target or Best Buy on sale for $15.99 or so. I could mention other products as well but do not want to dwell since I already made my point clear: DON'T BE STUPID (like I was today) and make a special trip to check this out.

• Banned User

I must admit I haven't shopped at a walmart in several years. Most areas with a walmart have a target nearby and I prefer the merchandise and atmosphere of target to walmart.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

^ Amen to that! I wish our Target was closer!
    -Bill

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Slow down on those sundaes Bill.. you do NOT want to get as big as most guests are at WDW.

EXACTLY!!!!

I of course... was curious... so I stopped by that store today (the shame)to see this "Disney" section myself.. Here is what I saw: A Walmart with a very fancy facade (makes the one located in MetroWest look like most branches located in Kissimmee catering to Puerto Ricans)... however, make NO MISTAKES. Once you pass the facade and go indoors, this WalMart is as plain and basic as any other Walmart happends to be. I went straight to the Disney section and found some Walmart female employee actually taking photos of the Disney area and telling the other employee next to her how nice this section of the store is. Sorry, but that gal needs to get out more often, and probably visit one of the many Indian-operated tacky tourist trap shops all over Central Florida. The reason why I say this is because everything I saw being sold at this Disney section in this new Walmart, CAN BE FOUND AT ANY TACKY TOURIST SHOP IN TOWN (like the ones frequented by Brit tourist on a regular basis, right Speedway?) and AT MUCH LOWER PRICES of those charged at this new Walmart. Furthermore... every Walmart in town has had a similar Disney section in them selling the same crappy Disney Dreams generic trash, so this new Walmart is NO different than the rest (except for that nice facade..of course). Also... as Bill stated, they do have a kiosk in the Disney area selling tickets. Well... guess what?! The same kiosk *ALSO* sells tickets to Universal and other area parks, not just Disney. So, that makes this kiosk a privately owned and operated business, within an already deceptive Walmart store.

Finally... don't let the Walmarts' everyday low prices policy fool you... While there, I identified several items I have seen at cheaper prices elsewhere... Example.. DVD's. Most newly released DVDs here were sold for $19.98, whereas the same newlu released DVDs are being sold at Target or Best Buy on sale for $15.99 or so. I could mention other products as well but do not want to dwell since I already made my point clear: DON'T BE STUPID (like I was today) and make a special trip to check this out.
    Oh, a special trip? Nah. lol I make trips to Wal-Mart all the time, simply because it's the only store around open 24 hours and my roomies go all the time! So usually I don't even have to pay for gas to go there! lol
    -Bill

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    ^ Amen to that! I wish our Target was closer!
    Another great thing about Minnesota. Target (and Best Buy) everywhere! (Why? Their Corp. offices are here in Minneapolis. ) So yes, I actually have a choice of which Target I go to.. but for fun, I go to the first one ever. But enough about Target love. Back on topic...

Anywhoo-- I talked with jimmybop today who informed me that this Wal*Mart is infact the new one. He said it was nice and clean since it was new so that everything is still in place and such. He also said that it seemed as if almost everyone spoke English, as opposed to the one off 535... (which I'm scared to go to alone.)

But it's nice to hear this news is bringing you all into Wal*Mart only to roll your eyes and then walk out.

• Banned User

Scared to go alone to the Walmart on 535? Then you should go to the ones in St. Cloud and Kissimmee's 192 and the one close to Puerto Rico Town (aka Meadow Woods), and bring one of those electric shock guns for protection.

• I was deleted.

Scared to go alone to the Walmart on 535? Then you should go to the ones in St. Cloud and Kissimmee's 192 and the one close to Puerto Rico Town (aka Meadow Woods), and bring one of those electric shock guns for protection.
    How about I just bring you as my body guard!

Or... I'll just go to Target instead. (And NO. Not in a costume either.)

Quote Originally Posted by Cmash95 View Post
    I must admit I haven't shopped at a walmart in several years. Most areas with a walmart have a target nearby and I prefer the merchandise and atmosphere of target to walmart.
    Atmosphere at a WalMart?!

Hmm ... maybe in a Cops kinda way .

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Oh, a special trip? Nah. lol I make trips to Wal-Mart all the time, simply because it's the only store around open 24 hours and my roomies go all the time! So usually I don't even have to pay for gas to go there! lol
    Bill Respect Meter ... dropping ... dropping ... you kids need to learn that WalMart is evil.

Stay away!

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974 View Post
    Bill Respect Meter ... dropping ... dropping ... you kids need to learn that WalMart is evil.

Stay away!
    Not for your reasons, but a part of me dies any time I step inside a Wal*Mart. *shudders thinking about Wally World*

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    *shudders thinking about Wally World*
    Wait until you see my trip report/photos from HK's Ocean park this week.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan View Post
    How about I just bring you as my body guard!

Or... I'll just go to Target instead. (And NO. Not in a costume either.)
    I will be your second bodygurad for TDLFan and you.

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974 View Post

Stay away!
    Sniff, sniff... do I count in "you kids?"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast