• Can't get enough!

Upgrading Seasonal pass to Annual Pass

Last December we purchased seasonl passes and are going back in three weeks. However, the summer is blacked out for the seasonal passes. We called to get a price on how much it will be to upgrade the passes to annual passes and were told they can't give us a price on the phone only at the gate....I was just curious to see if anyone else has done this and how much it cost. They told me they prorate the amount?? Please any information would be great!

It's kind of fun to do the impossible- Walt Disney

• Why can't you tune a fish

Re: Upgrading Seasonal pass to Annual Pass

Thats odd.

Here is my guess, and only a guess

An AP is $361.04 (regular 10+ AP for FL resident, not a premium)A swea

A seasonal is $237.50 (again 10+)

if they are going to prorate it as they say. They expire in December so you have roughly half a year left (you have to take your actual expriation date and the date you renew and work out the number of days left on the pass over 365) So your seasonal passes are "worth" 237.50/2 = $118.75
    $242.29 and will be good for a year

They may count black out dates and such as well. If thats the case then I have no idea what you SP is "worth"

-dave

So that is how much "credit" you would get to a new AP. So the new AP would run you
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

They do not pro-rate any amonut. Just add the diff from one ticket to the next.
    -Bill

• Can't get enough!

can you only upgrade them to last until the original date you purchased them...or do you have to go for a year from the date you upgrade them?

• Why can't you tune a fish

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    They do not pro-rate any amonut. Just add the diff from one ticket to the next.
    That makes no sense.

Lets say (for argument) that the Seasonal is $300 and the AP is $400

so I have to pay $100 to upgrade (at any time)

If they do not push the expriation date out to a year from when I upgrade, i am getting shafted no matter when I buy it. I am paying for a "full" AP ($300+$100) but only getting a partial year use.

If they do push the expriation date out, then the ability to shaft Disney comes in to play. I could take my Seasonal pass, and after 11 months, change it into a full AP for only $100

I know they prorate the MYW tickets. If you buy a 7 day park hopper and use a day, they take the value of that day off the ticket and give you credit for a 6 day if you go to upgrade.

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

• "There's always my way"

When you upgrade any pass, you pay the difference. In your case, you pay the difference from the SP to the AP but the AP. However, you do not get any extra days. The AP pass will expire on the same day as the SP. Either way, it is still a good idea to upgrade to the AP to enjoy the Summer days and you still have time enjoy the rest of the year. There is still a good time window to get the value of the AP, unless you live far away.

"Since the dawn of recorded time, communication has revolutionized our lives and changed our world. We now have the ability and the responsability to build new bridges of acceptance and cooperation between us. To create a better world for ourselves and our children as we continue our amazing journey aboard Spaceship Earth." - Jeremy Irons (Spaceship Earth)

• Can't get enough!

they told me on the phone that they DO prorate it but they could not tell me how much it would be !?!?!?!?