Thread: WDW Dining

• I Miss WDW

Peterhead, Scotland (i.e. Way too far away!)

WDW Dining

I have just booked a restaurant for most days of my trip - trouble is I have been to none of these and was going on recommendations online and by the Disney Reservations team! SO I was wondering if you had any opinion's on any of these?

(September)
    4th- Dinner - Mama Melrose's
    5th- Breakfast - Donald's Breakfastosaurus
    Dinner - Ohana's
    9th- Dinner - Teppanyaki
    10th- Dinner - 50's Prime Time Cafe
    11th- Dinner -Planet Hollywood
    Lunch - Raglan Road
    12th- Dinner - Rose and Crown
    13th- Dinner - Nine Dragon
    14th- Dinner - Boma
    15th- Dinner - Goofy's Liberate your Appetite Buffet
    16th- Breakfast - Supercalifragilistic Breakfast
    Dinner - Narcoossee's

Thanks! I'm so excited!

• back to WDW in January

Re: WDW Dining

Please don't take my word as Gospel since everyone has different likes and perceptions:

(September)
    4th- Dinner - Mama Melrose's decent food, nice atmosphere; prefer Tony's at MK
    5th- Breakfast - Donald's Breakfastosaurus fun location; lots of food but felt too rushed
    Dinner - Ohana's family style, food Ok not always hot, lots of kids activity during the meal
    9th- Dinner - Teppanyaki N/A
    10th- Dinner - 50's Prime Time Cafe fun; decent food but best only if you get the right server who enjoys playing the part
    11th- Dinner -Planet Hollywood think Friday's, Applebees, Chilis, Hard Rock Cafe' or any other themed restaurant but with a Hollywood theme
    Lunch - Raglan Road N/A
    12th- Dinner - Rose and Crown nice change of venue for us Americans; excellent fish and chips
    13th- Dinner - Nine Dragon heard they were changing ? but food was basic American Chinese fare - a bit pricey for the selections though
    14th- Dinner - Boma haven't been yet; dying to go; heard it is fantastic
    15th- Dinner - Goofy's Liberate your Appetite Buffet Liberty Tree is always a favorite; lots of good food, lots of character time
    16th- Breakfast - Supercalifragilistic Breakfast again a decent breakfast; lots of food; Alice and Mary Poppins there but for the money I prefer Cape May Cafe
    Dinner - Narcoossee's good food; good views; pricey

By the way, this is an excellent Dining and Menu source: http://www.allears.net/din/dining.htm
    {If you are on the Dining plan by the way, you can ignore the price related comments}
    Last edited by tjcjr; 06-14-2007 at 12:14 PM.

• World Traveler

They're all great restaurants. You made great choices.

• and too all a good fright

Good choices with two comments

Planet Hollywood - I hated this. I had bad service, food that was ok, but way overpriced and it is one of the loudest places I have ever eaten. Also there was this fake paparazzi thing going on at the door, then they try and sell you a picture. If you have kids, they may enjoy, but a casual place with better food like wolfgang puck might help the adults.

Tepenyaki is a lot of fun.

Dragon's is pretty standard chineese food that you could get in most neighborhoods.

The only ones on your list I have been too were; Mamma Melroses, 'Ohanas, Liberty Tree Tavern, Planet Hollywood and 50's Prime Time Cafe.

We very much enjoyed all of them but I do remember having some trouble at Planet Hollywood. We ate there 3 times and the last two times there was a problem with our order and the service was slow when the restaurant was not particularly busy at all. Mamma Melrose, it has been a long time since I last ate there so I don't remember much about it, but I don't remember having any problem there. The other places I can defiantly recommend to you and I can't wait to return to them myself.

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

There's a reason why most all of the Planet Hollywood locations closed up.

... if anything, that should tell you something. Heck, I'm surprised the DTD one still exists.
    Burnt Toast
    The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I hate the idea of planning your every meal so far in advance. My tastes change every day. I'd hate to schedule dinner for Italian one night and then not be in the mood for it when the time comes and want Japanese or a burger instead. Guess that's why I do the counter service restaurants 95% of the time.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    I hate the idea of planning your every meal so far in advance. My tastes change every day. I'd hate to schedule dinner for Italian one night and then not be in the mood for it when the time comes and want Japanese or a burger instead. Guess that's why I do the counter service restaurants 95% of the time.
    I'm the same way and if my family is with me I know our taste buds change daily.

• WDW Fant! Premiere Cast

I'll let you know what I think, remember you can always cancel if you choose to go elsewhere.

4th- Dinner - Mama Melrose's - I personally love this restaurant, comparable to Tony's
    5th- Breakfast - Donald's Breakfastosaurus- never eaten here
    Dinner - Ohana's- will never eat here again because I got food poisioning many years ago, loved the food up until then though
    9th- Dinner - Teppanyaki - my absolute favorite restaurant on property
    10th- Dinner - 50's Prime Time Cafe - not bad, not my favorite
    11th- Dinner -Planet Hollywood - would have chosen House of Blues instead
    Lunch - Raglan Road - never eaten here
    12th- Dinner - Rose and Crown - ask for a water table if you have a late reservation, great for viewing Illuminations
    13th- Dinner - Nine Dragon - same as any Chinese food take-out
    14th- Dinner - Boma - not bad, I just prefer Jiko
    15th- Dinner - Goofy's Liberate your Appetite Buffet - never eaten here
    16th- Breakfast - Supercalifragilistic Breakfast - cute characters but as said previously I also prefer Cape May. You aren't as rushed through breakfast
    Dinner - Narcoossee's - delicious

• Why can't you tune a fish

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post

That is why I despise the Disney Dining Plan.

How many people are eating sit down meals only because they are "free" - well pre-paid, you know what I mean.

Gone are the days of wandering around the WS and going "something smells good in there" and going in and eating.

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

• See you there!

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    That is why I despise the Disney Dining Plan.

How many people are eating sit down meals only because they are "free" - well pre-paid, you know what I mean.

Gone are the days of wandering around the WS and going "something smells good in there" and going in and eating.

-dave
    Yeah, I agree. My previous trips (before the dining plan) I would either do as Dave did, just go to the WS and see what "smells good" or make reservations no more than two days out.

But since the dining plan, I have had to join the masses and make reservations 6 months out just to get a table. I feel it really cramps my vacation style

But it does save me about $200 on my food budget on the trips, but I still long for the way it was.

Oh well...

Just MHO, YMMV

CU@DL

Andy
    -
    What is, is... What is not, is not.

Boom!

I don't ask for much... Just a few little things!

Extra effort yields extraordinary results!

• The one, the only...

Boma was absolutely wonderful... Great choice.

My only quibble would be with the selections for Epcot. That location has some of the finest choices at the resort, but you have choose some of the weakest names.

The chinese restaurant is not so great. There are many better ones probably in your local city. I suggest the Moroccan restaurant. With the wonderful food, mostly around lamb and the belly dancer, it is a memorable experience.

The Rose and the Crown has mediocre food. I love the british, but they are not known for their food. It is a little bland. I suggest Canada. They have basically English food with a French twist. Their pavilion's food is fabulous. If you are going for the view, the Rose and Crown is a good choice. If you love great food, go to Canada.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Banned User

I absolutely love Boma's we have eaten both dinner and breakfast there. the dinner menu varies during the week while the breakfast menu stays fairly constant. I also enjoy eating at the prime time diner, the food is good and the atmosphere is alot of fun. just make sure you clean your plate.

• Done and Gone

Just a few I have tried...

(September)

Dinner - Ohana's - My absolute favorite. Go early, leave full.
    9th- Dinner - Teppanyaki - NA But I'll be there on Sept 3rd.
    10th- Dinner - 50's Prime Time Cafe - Fun theme, ok food.
    11th- Dinner -Planet Hollywood - Not a fan of Planet Hollywood.

Either way, have fun!

• We'll hold them at bay

I love Boma, San Angel Inn, House of Blues, 'ohana, and Flame Tree BBQ
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom