Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• I'm Engaged!!!!!

Lightbulb Walt Disney's Hollywood

Ok, I know there are currently a lot of armchair-imagineering threads about what could be done to different parks and rides and so-forth.

But I think I have a solution to fix Disney-MGM Studios and the reason I am posting this thread separately is because I would like specific feedback about this idea and to know what the authority (micechat) thinks about my idea.

Ok, so the new name for the park would be Walt Disney's Hollywood. (or Walt Disney's Hollywoodland) I'm not sure which is better.

Let's start at Hollywood Boulevard.
    The name could stay the same and the overall theming could be the same. It would still be a gateway to discover all the great things about hollywood and it could be anchored by the Great Movie Ride. (I would leave the hat because I like it but I know most people don't so I won't comment)
    So HB would pretty much stay the same.

On to Sunset Boulevard.
    This section of the park could be renamed to Sunset Studios. It would serve as a tribute to all classic movies. Tower of Terror would be an ode to scary, classic thrillers. The Beauty and the Beast musical could be removed and replaced with a tribute to all of the classic musicals such as Singin' in the Rain, Sound of Music, Chicago, etc.
    Rockin' Rollercoaster would be completely rethemed as a roller coaster through the classic film noir detective stories. The queue could be a walkthrough of the shady streets of some city and through the office of a private eye. The backstory could involve you going on an adventure with the private eye.
    Many other things could be developed for this park including restaurants, shops, and other attractions based on classic movies.

Next to Animation Courtyard.
    This could be renamed to Disney Studios. (that name would look pretty cool on the arch at the entrance to the courtyard)
    This section would be completely devoted to Disney films. Little Mermaid could stay and so could the Animation show (which would be revamped dramatically) Playhouse Disney would be gone and there is plenty of space for more attractions based on disney movies.

Walt Disney: One Man's Dream would be a perfect fit because it would anchor Disney Studios to . . .

Pixar Studios (the former Mickey Ave.)
    Obviously Toy Story Mania is coming. But the Backlot Tour could be rethemed to be a tour of Pixar Studios. (since this is no longer an actual "working" studios) And other things could be involved such as character meet n' greets, restaurants (pizza planet), and shops. And the Narnia attraction could be rethemed every time a new pixar movie came out. This could be where the Block Party Bash is held. And there is plenty of room for a new Incredibles attraction and other Pixar things.

Now, on to the Streets of America
    This area would be renamed to Muppet Studios.
    The basic themeing could remain the same but muppet mayhem should be everywhere (like if the muppets invaded.) The Muppet Mobile could pay a visit and there could even be a Laugh Floor type attraction with AA figures instead of Video screens.

Now, to Echo Lake
    This has to be one the worst themed areas of the park and in my opinion is the perfect place for Lucasfilm Studios.
    All the area in front of Star Tours could be themed to be a middle eastern outpost where Indiana Jones is stationed. Sounds Dangerous could be removed and replaced with a long-awaited IJ ride.
    Then the ABC Commissary Lane could be rethemed to star wars anything (kind of like what Kevin Yee was describing) That leads up to Star Tours 2.0

Now that would be a complete celebration of Classic, Disney, Pixar, Muppet, and Lucasfilm movies. It would bring some continuity to the park and also some much-needed division.

Ok, so that's my idea. Sorry for it being so long but I really think this is a great idea.
    Please share any thoughts or add-on ideas that you have.
    wishesjake and SleepingBeauty867

• Banned User

Re: Walt Disney's Hollywood

Hasn't all of that been done before, and done better?

• Faith, Trust & Pixie dust

You've given this a lot of thought. It shows that you really care about MGM and want to make it better. Good for you.

Don't have anything else to add to your plan though. Those in Imagineering are much more clever then I could ever hope to be.

• I'm Engaged!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Where?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by wishesjake View Post
    Where?
    Universal Studios Japan.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Nancywitt View Post

Don't have anything else to add to your plan though. Those in Imagineering are much more clever then I could ever hope to be.
    Im sure you could come up with better stuff than "Stitch's great escape" and "IMAGINATION! with figment"

• I'm Engaged!!!!!

Universal Studios Japan.

I'm not quite sure I see what you mean becuase I haven't been to the park but I have been on the website and don't see the similarities.
    And, even if it has been done before then I think it would still be a cool idea to spruce up a stale park.

• Banned User

Oh.. I was talking about better quality in overall design. NOT similarities.

• I was deleted.

All of it..??
    Universal Studios Japan.
    Wait!?! The Muppets are at Universal Studios Japan?! No way! Since when did this happen!?

• Dreaming of Disney World

Ok, when I first started reading your post I loved the idea. But as a started reading I liked it less and less. The name Walt Disney's Hollywood(land) made me think that the park would be themed after what Walt saw when he was in Hollywood. That idea seemed great to me. You could keep Sunset Ave. just the way it is. I don't know if this idea would call for alot of changing in the park the way it is now, but I think that it would be a good idea.
    Look for me on Facebook: Tyler Keith Lee Tew

For all Disney News when it happens, follow DisneyverseNews at www.twitter.com/DisneyverseNews

• The one, the only...

wishesjake, you have a lot of good ideas. I think that many would improve the park.

My thought is that the original concept is weak and flawed. The "fun" of visiting a working studio is something Universal has offered for years. But a replica of a working studio is just not "fun." I think there is limited enjoyment of seeing the behind the scenes of how films are made.

What is MORE fun is getting to be set in the movie sets themselves, feeling like you really are at that time or place. That was the original concept for Disneyland. Walt wanted to put you IN the movies, not show you how they were made. Disneyland only could show a limited number of "lands" or "worlds" to explore. Disney Studios could create more "lands" which would put you in the world that those movies came from.

The problem with the main street in Disney Studios is that stupid Mickey Hat! It breaks the illusion of that street being from Hollywood. Real streets don't have a giant hat on them in Hollywood. Actually keeping the 40's theme for that street if fine with me, along with the old cars that make it look real.

But the back-lot, the studio areas, the muppet areas, the old animation area all need work. They look too business like, too much like someone's workplace for a vacation resort. I want to have several new worlds created. Perhaps a Narnia world or Pirates of the Caribbean world or some other world that is distinctly different than my own and could be filled with new possibilities.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• I'm Engaged!!!!!

I completely agree JCfan.
    While Disneyland was originally built to put you in various fantastic locales based on movies, I think this park would be the opportunity to put the guest in more specific environments.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan View Post
    All of it..??Wait!?! The Muppets are at Universal Studios Japan?! No way! Since when did this happen!?
    Not the Muppets perse... but the Sesame Street characters, and it happened about 4 yrs ago. At Universal Japan, they have their own 4D Movie attraction and they are also an integral part of the park's "Happy Harmony Celebration" daily streetacular (think DCA Party Bash) parade/show.
    Check the attraction lineup here:
    http://www.usj.co.jp/studioguide/att...n/e_index.html

Sesame Street characters are also doing a summer show at Orlando's Sea World.

My comment was based on comparison of similar attractions or concept at Universal Japan, versus what we get at MGM. They even have a "Peter Pan's Neverland" lagoon show, which is their equivalent of Fantasmic! The similarities in execution are too great to pass up commenting on... and yes, I prefer USJ's current line of entertainment and theming over MGM's.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by wishesjake View Post
    While Disneyland was originally built to put you in various fantastic locales based on movies, I think this park would be the opportunity to put the guest in more specific environments.
    That's already been done, and done better: TDSea.

• We'll hold them at bay

I like the idea of a Lucas area, with 2 or 3 star wars attractions and the Indy show, which I would keep since it blows LMA out of the water. And a Mos Eisley Cantina

http://www.mouseextra.com/2007/04/28...ours/#comments
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast