• Minion

Typhoon Lagoon vs. Blizzard Beach

I will be going to at least one of these parks in early August. Which one has the most unique Disney-esque attractions? Also, how bad are the lines during early August? How long does it take to see each of these?
    Thanks

• Captain EO! :D

Re: Typhoon Lagoon vs. Blizzard Beach

Well, Typhoon Lagoon is my favorite. It depends what you like. I know a lot of people who are into the big, fast slides prefer Blizzard Beach. I love TL because I absolutely love the surf waves in the surf pool. The last time I was there (a few years ago) my brother and I spent the entire time we were there in the wave pool. Plus now they have that new slide (the name is escaping me... I'm sure someone else knows it). I just like the atmosphere at TL better. Coming from Pa, I've seen enough snow, thanks. Although, the tobaggan race slides there are quite fun.

We usually went to the water parks in the afternoon, while taking a break from the other parks, but in the summer you gotta watch out for the afternoom t-storms. If you want to avoid the storms and the crowds, go in the morning/ early afternoon.

I think both parks have decent theming. TL also has Shark Reef. It's a tank with real fish and (small) sharks in COLD water you can snorkel through. Very cool. Oh, and I LOVE Miss Tilly (I think that's the name-sorry, it's been awhile since I've been there). It's a little wrecked boat on top of the mountain that "spouts" water every hour.
    Last edited by LucyintheSky; 06-14-2007 at 06:23 PM. Reason: forgot something
    ----------------------------------------

Jennifer

I love Blizzard Beach, cool theme and great slides!!!

Try Summit Plummet WOO HOO!!!
    BRYANT - MEGADISNEY
    Owner/Travel Advisor - Magical Partners Travel
    Walt Disney Company Stockholder
    D23 Charter Member

• Banned User

I like them both.

On a separate note... I just drove by the site for Sea World's Aquatica park today. WOW!! They have already built three separate multi-water slide areas in shimering colors... While I am not sure how elaborate the theming at Aquatica will be as opposed to the opulent theming at BB and TL, this Aquatica parks looks like it will be a lot of fun.
    http://www.aquaticabyseaworld.com/Main.aspx

• back to WDW in January

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHost2 View Post
    I will be going to at least one of these parks in early August. Which one has the most unique Disney-esque attractions? Also, how bad are the lines during early August? How long does it take to see each of these?
    Thanks
    Both are great, Blizzard Beach is the newest and a bit more thrilling. They also offer Extra Magic Hours for WDW resort guests.

• I was deleted.

I'm more fond of Typhoon Lagoon as it's relaxing but still a lot of fun with the Crush 'N Gusher water coaster, etc. Although my favorite thing has to be the Shark Reef where you can swim across with all of the fish.

• Why can't you tune a fish

Quote Originally Posted by LucyintheSky View Post
    Well, Typhoon Lagoon is my favorite. It depends what you like. I know a lot of people who are into the big, fast slides prefer Blizzard Beach. I love TL because I absolutely love the surf waves in the surf pool. The last time I was there (a few years ago) my brother and I spent the entire time we were there in the wave pool. Plus now they have that new slide (the name is escaping me... I'm sure someone else knows it). I just like the atmosphere at TL better. Coming from Pa, I've seen enough snow, thanks. Although, the tobaggan race slides there are quite fun.

We usually went to the water parks in the afternoon, while taking a break from the other parks, but in the summer you gotta watch out for the afternoom t-storms. If you want to avoid the storms and the crowds, go in the morning/ early afternoon.

I think both parks have decent theming. TL also has Shark Reef. It's a tank with real fish and (small) sharks in COLD water you can snorkel through. Very cool. Oh, and I LOVE Miss Tilly (I think that's the name-sorry, it's been awhile since I've been there). It's a little wrecked boat on top of the mountain that "spouts" water every hour.
    Oh my lord yes, it is COLD. At least compared to the rest of the park. In reality it is probaly warmer than most pools here in NJ.

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

You like the shark reef? Geez, I'm afraid I'd freak out if I did that... and the water is cold!!! lol
    -Bill

• Former Epcot CM

Well I dunno.
    Both are stupidly well themed.
    You can relax or be more energetic in both.

I think I might go with Typhoon Lagoon. I always associate it with the last day of vacation, because we always go to TL in the day and go to the MK at night for Wishes. Blizzard Beach used to be my favourite when I was younger, but I dunno, I just feel I can completely relax at TL with a nice book or enjoy the wave pool or awesomely themed slides. People say WDW has given up on good themeing - all I say is check out Crush n Gusher. There's only so much theming you can give to a water slide, and I think they did their best.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• Iron-Clad Allie

Typhoon Lagoon has much more variety. The Crush "n" Gusher water coaster is my favorite. I'm not afeard of swimmin' with the sharks. They've been taught that people are their friends...not food.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 06-15-2007 at 12:22 PM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

We have a 6 year old son. Which water park would be more to his age?

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by jenandbob View Post
    We have a 6 year old son. Which water park would be more to his age?
    typhoon lagoon probably
    Angels Fan, born and raised.
    Come on you Galaxy.