Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• May the F=ma be with you

Re: American Adventure Closure for New Film

There is reason to believe that an American Exhibition of artifacts from the hostory of America will be put on display in the pavillion. These items will be rotated often. Hopefully, it turns out to be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

• She was sweet as a peach

I love the American Adventure. We are the host country for Epcot so I don't think it is out of the question to have a show about the history of the United States. It shows the good and the bad (in a slightly glossy format).

Updating the movie at the end is a good idea, though.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think the current President of the US always has a speaking role in the Hall of Presidents. When Clinton was in Office, he spoke.

• back to WDW in January

It's a pavillion, a show and a restaurant that celebrates the country we live in. Walt Disney was very proud of America and every aspect of his original park exemplifies that; some more than others (Great Moments With Mr Lincoln anyone?). The American pavillion simply continues Walts legacy. That attraction does not strive to be anything more than it is - a tribute to American heritage, to it's people, it's pride, it's culture, it's diversity, it's freedoms and it's accomplishments.
    And lest we forget, it is due to one of these American accomplishments that we have the ability and the right to say just about anything we want on forums such as this without fear of retribution.
    I am not a big fan of Poohs Playful spot so I don't go. Anyone who does not like the American pavillion is under no obligation to stop there. That's another fundamental American perk - freedom of choice.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHost2 View Post
    I haven't been in the Hall of Presidents since they have added W, but I hear he is one of two presidents that speaks to the audience. All I know is anybody with a less than 30% approval rating doesn't need to represent America, in an attraction that guests from all over the world might see. International tourists think America is bad enough as it is. I really need to go in American Adventure on my trip this August, as I have never been in it. Politics and theme parks are a delicate mix. It is hard to make attractions such as these without them seeming political. The Disney Company wants to offend as few guests as possible.

For example, I am offended by an attraction that makes a man who stole the election, got America into an unwinnable war, was extremely incompetent in his response to Hurricane Katrina, and approves of toture look like a great example of America. Others would be offended if he was left out of the attraction.
    Disney decided they wanted to start having the current president speak. President Clinton obliged the request. There is nothing politcal in the speaches given as they are recorded before anythign actual happens in a president's term.

I for one would hate to lose such a fine AA show. Epcot (and Disney in general) has lost too many! I'm thrilled it's goin to stay and be updated.

• WDW Fant! Premiere Cast

I love this show, I always see it. Something about the movie at the end, when Walt finally appears, I tear up.

• Banned User

the problem with the show is that as soon as you update the film it is outdated. The american adventure does show the good and the bad, it talks about the treatment of native americans, and civil rights as well as the ingenuity and possibilities that make everyone want to come here. If they didn't we wouldnt have so many illegals. as far as the hall of presidents goes, it shows all the presidents and has the great uniter do most of the talking. having the current president introduce Abraham Lincoln has nothing to do with politics.

• Pilot EdForceOne

The Disney Company wants to offend as few guests as possible.

For example, I am offended by an attraction that makes a man who stole the election, got America into an unwinnable war, was extremely incompetent in his response to Hurricane Katrina, and approves of toture look like a great example of America. Others would be offended if he was left out of the attraction.
    Would you prefer we ignore that he's president?

Just like Nixon was..
    Just like Truman was (who many hate on for using the bomb.. etc)...
    Just like Lincoln was (who many have their issues with)

and the list goes on.

It's an attraction with focus on the presidents... you don't get to pick and chose who those are after the fact. It's funny how this thread goes on about it being 'political' or not.. and this kind of argument against aspects of the show are purely political. Classic.

• World Traveler

I think the American Adventure is a fine show that spotlights a few moments in US history. I don't see any politics in it.

• Fastpass Hater

So the American Adventure is run by the liberal media?

I can't believe anyone thinks it's "too political."

• враг народа

Blog Entries

The American Adventure is a history lesson that is unseen elsewhere in World Showcase. The Pavillion lacks the more cultural aspects of other Pavillions.

• Why can't you tune a fish

The whole world showcase is sanitized. It's a theme park, not a expose

Why not put the journalist murder display up in Mexico

Then we can add - to be honest I don't know what to add in Norway - the creation of Lutefisk maybe

China - How about the Tiananmen Square ride

Japan - The Bataan Death march simulator

Germany - It writes itself

Itlay - The WWII poison gas use stage show

I think that's enough, but I could go on.

Disney tries to sanitize all the countries as much as they can, but the fact is, like it or not, GWB is, and will allways be, one of the Presidents of the USA. I a presenation representing the leadership of the United States, it is pretty glaring to leave out the current President. Give it time and I am sure he will be pushed to the back row. Nobody sees much of Chester A Arthur or Howard Taft any more.

-dave
    Last edited by Phonedave; 06-16-2007 at 07:06 PM. Reason: Corrected quote source
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

The American Adventure is the finest show ever created for a theme park IMHO ... and non-political in any way (much like the HoP before they ruined it by having the last two idiot prez's speak).

It is simply amazing and absolutely some of the best work ever created by WED/WDI.

The film at the end definitely needs updating, though ... you can't ignore 9/11, the current war and other things that I just can't think of at 2 a.m.!

• Banned User

****In regards to post #27. My name is being used by Phonedave in a quote that was written by GhostHost2 in post #13. I was not the one who wrote that quote and Phonedave.. you need to edit your post to reflect the proper poster of that quote.****

• Minion

I understand every president has to be in the HOP, it just wouldn't seem as bad if W didn't speak much. Personally, I like Clinton, but this idea about having whoever the current president is speak to the audience, should have never been implemented.

I have no problem with Disney celebrating America, but the World Showcase may not be the best place. Liberty Sqaure in the MK is a much more fitting place.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast