Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Wild About Disney

Re: American Adventure Closure for New Film

I like the American Adventure, but I agree that it would be much nicer to have a restaurant rather than just burgers at the Pavilion. Burgers, fries, etc. are available elsewhere - why can't we have a nice sit down place to eat?
    SimbaLynn

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHost2 View Post
    I have no problem with Disney celebrating America, but the World Showcase may not be the best place. Liberty Sqaure in the MK is a much more fitting place.
    Uhm ... World Showcase is the perfect location for the American Adventure.

That's why it's there.

• Former Epcot CM

Bill.
    I could kill you.

For some reason I thought that you mean the Hall of Presidents was closing completely for a new film being put in in its place.

I was all ready to put my outraged Disney geek hat on.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• Art isn't easy.

Smile Re: American Adventure Closure for New Film

I love the American Adventure. Any attraction that features Judy Garland, Leonard Bernstein and Mary Martin right at the start of its finale - in quick succession - deserves a round of applause from moi!
    - Bill

• Why can't you tune a fish

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    ****In regards to post #27. My name is being used by Phonedave in a quote that was written by GhostHost2 in post #13. I was not the one who wrote that quote and Phonedave.. you need to edit your post to reflect the proper poster of that quote.****

Whoops, I see how that happend. All fixed, sourry about that.

Back to your regularly scheduled thread.

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHost2 View Post
    I understand every president has to be in the HOP, it just wouldn't seem as bad if W didn't speak much. Personally, I like Clinton, but this idea about having whoever the current president is speak to the audience, should have never been implemented.

I have no problem with Disney celebrating America, but the World Showcase may not be the best place. Liberty Sqaure in the MK is a much more fitting place.

And why not. Like him (or her) or not, he or she IS the President of the United States, and as such IS the most current head of the US.

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

• The one, the only...

Quote Originally Posted by Cmash95 View Post
    the problem with the show is that as soon as you update the film it is outdated. The american adventure does show the good and the bad, it talks about the treatment of native americans, and civil rights as well as the ingenuity and possibilities that make everyone want to come here. If they didn't we wouldnt have so many illegals. as far as the hall of presidents goes, it shows all the presidents and has the great uniter do most of the talking. having the current president introduce Abraham Lincoln has nothing to do with politics.
    As far as the American Adventure showing both the good and the bad of America, THAT IS THE PROBLEM WITH THE SHOW. Is any other country showing us the bad of their country? Is China showing us shots of people being killed by the government in Tiananmen Square? Is Japan showing the atrocities that they did during World War II like the Burma Death March? Is the UK informing guests the tortures of people's that it conquered in India and China during its empire? NO! Every nation puts out what it is most proud about their country because they are proud of their country. I don't see why America has to present "the good and the bad" to somehow purge our conscience about being "wealthy Americans." Each pavilion celebrates the pride in that country. I want to see the BEST of each nation, even America. I feel no guilt in doing that.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

Quote Originally Posted by JiminyCricketFan View Post
    As far as the American Adventure showing both the good and the bad of America, THAT IS THE PROBLEM WITH THE SHOW. Is any other country showing us the bad of their country? Is China showing us shots of people being killed by the government in Tiananmen Square? Is Japan showing the atrocities that they did during World War II like the Burma Death March? Is the UK informing guests the tortures of people's that it conquered in India and China during its empire? NO! Every nation puts out what it is most proud about their country because they are proud of their country. I don't see why America has to present "the good and the bad" to somehow purge our conscience about being "wealthy Americans." Each pavilion celebrates the pride in that country. I want to see the BEST of each nation, even America. I feel no guilt in doing that.
    For me its the opposite. I take some small smug satisfaction of seeing all of our trials and tribulations laid bare. It does not purge my conscience, but it does make me feel good. Look world, this is America, the good, the bad, and the ugly, and still people want to flock to these shores. No sanitizing, the world knows all of our problems, and STILL they beat a path to our doors. I for one like that feeling.

I suddenly have the urge to quote Ric "The Nature Boy" Flair "You may not like it, but learn to love it because it's the best thing going today - Woooooo!"

And did you mean Baatan Death March, or Burma Death March?

-dave

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    Whoops, I see how that happend. All fixed, sourry about that.

Back to your regularly scheduled thread.

-dave
    Thank you. Much appreciated.

• Former Epcot CM

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    It is after all, the blandest pavillion at EPCOT Center. I mean... a burger joint as the anchor restaurant???? Pitiful.
    I'm sure the Imagineers were only trying to be reflective of that country's most popular cuisine. I mean, the Brits have fish and chips and a pub, Germany has beer, beer and more beer, and America has.. burgers.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

I haven't seen this show in years, unfortunately, but I always enjoyed it. Maybe it's just propaganda, but sometimes we need propaganda, for when we forget what makes the country so great.

• Banned User

to set the record straight, japan doesn't have an attraction, just a couple of restaurants and a very big department store. so they couldn't show the bad parts of their history. the same with germany. part of what makes this country great is that we are willing to acknoledge when we screw up and with the native americans and african americans we did just that. we screwed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    I'm sure the Imagineers were only trying to be reflective of that country's most popular cuisine. I mean, the Brits have fish and chips and a pub, Germany has beer, beer and more beer, and America has.. burgers.

But America has so much more than 'burgers and fries.

Somehow other countries that have regional cuisnes seem to also have a national menu - Italy has regional dishes, so does france, and china, and japan.

America has so many regional foods that are unique and special, from New England, to the Southern States, to Cajun, to Tex-Mex, to the Northwest. When you have gumbo, lobster rolls, chili, and a billion variations of BBQ to choose from and the best you can come up with is 'burgers. Well then somebody missed something somewhere.

-dave

• When Will It Return?

Quote Originally Posted by JiminyCricketFan View Post
    Thing about the American Adventure is they're actually showing the good. Largelly, all we see in the news (and subsequently what the rest of the world learns about the USA) is what's going on that's bad.

Also, some of the historical events would lose their context without showing some 'bad'. Events like the Civil War wouldn't have happened without 'bad', just like our entrance in WWII wouldn't have happened without 'bad'. I don't mind the 'bad' in American Adventure because of so much good in it, and how good it is at reminding us how much there is to be proud of about the USA, lest we let all the America-bashers get to us.

-- PMM

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    We also have grits and cajun... where are those delicacies??

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast