Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Post American Adventure Closure for New Film

Hey everyone, I just got notice that the American Adventure will be closed from 6-18 to 6-21. I assume this is for the new finale film that Brad Rex talked about before he got fired. lol I can't wait to see it. And Canada's new film can't be all that far behind!
    -Bill

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Re: American Adventure Closure for New Film

Very exciting to hear. I'll have to check it out when I'm down for the 25th.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Just the 25th? lol That's not a long stay!
    -Bill

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Four days with October 1st being the last day at a park. Outside the World now and I leave for home tomorrow morning.

The word from another 'insider' is to expect the new Canada film this summer as well.

Apparently, Martin Short is doing the narration. No word on whether the great score remains, but I doubt it.

• Banned User

Personally, I think they need to retire ALL of the American Adventure pavillion and replace it with something a bit more celebratory of Americana and less political. It is after all, the blandest pavillion at EPCOT Center. I mean... a burger joint as the anchor restaurant???? Pitiful.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Personally, I think they need to retire ALL of the American Adventure pavillion and replace it with something a bit more celebratory of Americana and less political. It is after all, the blandest pavillion at EPCOT Center. I mean... a burger joint as the anchor restaurant???? Pitiful.
    Agreed. I am somewhat put off by the elementary school history class that is the American Adventure.

I'm sured I'd be hanged for trying, but I could even do with not even having a pavillion for the United States. I know there are international visitors, but Walt Disney World is much more Americana than some silly pavillion. I kind of like the idea of not having a central country.

• Banned User

I just have to ask...since it bothers the heck of me in a "girls-love-rubberhead-characters-to-death-at-TDR" kinda way... What the heck is wrong with that guy in your avatar???

• враг народа

Blog Entries

I'm mourning at the graveyard.

• When Will It Return?

Personally, I think they need to retire ALL of the American Adventure pavillion and replace it with something a bit more celebratory of Americana and less political.
    How exactly is it political? If anything, that was the cleanest portayal of American history I'd seen in a very long time.

FAR too often historical discussions are skewed one way or the other to make this, that or the other person look bad politically. American Adventure does a wonderful job of trying to find the good in everything. Where's the politics?

-- PMM

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

• Minion

I honestly don't see the point of an America pavillion. If you want to shop and dine like your in America, go pretty much anywhere else in America.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by PeoplemoverMatt View Post
    How exactly is it political? If anything, that was the cleanest portayal of American history I'd seen in a very long time.

FAR too often historical discussions are skewed one way or the other to make this, that or the other person look bad politically. American Adventure does a wonderful job of trying to find the good in everything. Where's the politics?

-- PMM
    You fail to see the political undertones of this attraction due to it's glossy presentation... and sappy music. But almost every scene here conveys thoughts of politics from long ago and the not so distant past. That connection, as vague as it may be, is enough for me to make it a political attraction. Just like the dreadful Hall of Prez.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazyboy970
    I'm mourning at the graveyard.
    Oh... that's you? You need a haircut.

• Minion

[quote=TDLFAN;1855174]You fail to see the political undertones of this attraction due to it's glossy presentation... and sappy music. But almost every scene here conveys thoughts of politics from long ago and the not so distant past. That connection, as vague as it may be, is enough for me to make it a political attraction. Just like the dreadful Hall of Prez.
    quote]

I haven't been in the Hall of Presidents since they have added W, but I hear he is one of two presidents that speaks to the audience. All I know is anybody with a less than 30% approval rating doesn't need to represent America, in an attraction that guests from all over the world might see. International tourists think America is bad enough as it is. I really need to go in American Adventure on my trip this August, as I have never been in it. Politics and theme parks are a delicate mix. It is hard to make attractions such as these without them seeming political. The Disney Company wants to offend as few guests as possible.

For example, I am offended by an attraction that makes a man who stole the election, got America into an unwinnable war, was extremely incompetent in his response to Hurricane Katrina, and approves of toture look like a great example of America. Others would be offended if he was left out of the attraction.

• Padawan

L.A.-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974
    The word from another 'insider' is to expect the new Canada film this summer as well.

Apparently, Martin Short is doing the narration. No word on whether the great score remains, but I doubt it.
    Oh, Nooo! I'm going to miss "Canada in the 80's." It's a classic!
    --Jonathan

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Oh... that's you? You need a haircut.
    It now falls under the category of "old picture" for that reason. The hair's gone.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast