• Minion

Going back to WDW after DLR

In 2005 I went to DLR in the summer, I liked it so much I went back that December to see Haunted Mansion Holiday. I like DLR more than WDW (though I still like WDW). Unfortenately because of money problems I will be going to WDW this year, when I wanted to go to DLR (I live in Georgia so WDW is much much closer). I probably won't be back to DLR till next summer. This is all made much worse because the Haunted Mansion will be closed in August when I will be at WDW. I am still looking foward to my trip and can't wait to go. But I am going to have a hard time with withdrawals from:

The Haunted Mansion
    Indiana Jones Adventure
    Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
    The real Pirates of the Carribean
    The elaborate facades in DL's Fantasyland
    New Orleans Square
    Matterhorn
    and the convenice of just walking a few hundred feet to get to DCA when I want to ride Tower of Terror.

• I was deleted.

Re: Going back to WDW after DLR

GhostHost2,

I totally understand what you mean. I grew up going to Disneyland and it really has a place in my heart. But in my recent visits and experience with WDW I have learned to stop comaring them and enjoy each one for what it is. Placing Magic Kingdom and Disneyland aside, the other three parks have a lot of fun things for you to enjoy.
    • Rock'N RollerCoaster
    • (A different kind of) Tower of Terror
    • Expedition Everest
    • Finding Nemo : The Musical
    • Test Track
    • Mission: Space
    • Dinosaur (I always hum/sing the Indy music as the track is the same)
    • Kilimanjaro Safari
    And moving back to Magic Kingdom... just try to look at it as a different park completely. Pretend as if you haven't been to Disneyland and you'll begin to look at in a different light.
    • Splash Mountain (quite different than at DL)
    • Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (different track)
    • Jungle Cruise (longer and different script)
    And you can't forget the classics:
    • Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse
    • TTA (aka PeopleMover)
    • Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress
    • Bear Country Jamboree
    • Hall of Presidents
    Last edited by BigPigletFan; 06-15-2007 at 11:41 AM.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

A trip to florida also means a lot more time spent in the pool just to cool off!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Yes, Please shut off the comparing sensor in your head. Shut it down and throw away the "on" switch.

Enjoy Magic Kingdom's twist to the POTC ride. Enjoy a different type of mountain at Animal Kingdom. Enjoy international squares at Ecpot's World Showcase. Enjoy Splash Mountian's 2 seater, wider boats.

You know, find the positives of WDW and forget about Disneyland, for the length of your vacation at least. Just my 2 cents.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Banned User

Micoofy Duck.. I just have to say that I find your torso shot avatar extremely sexy.

Now on with the topic at hand...
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostHost2 View Post
    In 2005 I went to DLR in the summer, I liked it so much I went back that December to see Haunted Mansion Holiday. I like DLR more than WDW (though I still like WDW). But I am going to have a hard time with withdrawals from:

The Haunted Mansion
    Indiana Jones Adventure
    Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
    The real Pirates of the Carribean
    The elaborate facades in DL's Fantasyland
    New Orleans Square
    Matterhorn
    and the convenice of just walking a few hundred feet to get to DCA when I want to ride Tower of Terror.
    I feel your pain Ghost. I have to go thru the same symptoms every freaking week when I come back from Tokyo, Hong Kong and ocasionally Paris... and it pains me I don't make it to DLR as often as I get to the international parks. With all of those superior experiences, coming back to my own hometown park makes me feel I am being cheated of a percentage of the magic.
    And... it's easier say than done when Micoofy suggests "shutting down the comparing sensors.." Honestly I try. But as soon as I see the godawful orange, purple signage at the TTC and those horrible billboards as you drive into WDW... the comparing sensors go off like a space shuttle in heat.

• Wild About Disney

Ghosthost2 - I grew up going to DL, we went at least once a week for several years. Then my husband was transferred to Florida and we went to WDW for the first time. As much as I miss the rides you mentioned, I still just LOVE WDW because there are so many things to do and see. You will have a great time, just try not to compare too much. It was hard for us at first also, but both Parks are different and have much to offer.

It was hard for me to go back to DL last year - the castle was so small and the Park tiny compared to WDW - but I love them both.

I hope that you have a marvelous trip to WDW. We are going next weekend and I can hardly wait.
    SimbaLynn

• WDW Fant! Premiere Cast

I grew up vacationing at WDW then working there, only visiting DL twice before I turned 33. I have been to TDR and DLR each several times since then. I love each and every park and take it for what it is without comparing it to the other. When I visit Disney I love being completely immersed in a fantasy and fun world and comparing them interrupts that for me. I will admit that after going to TDR 3 times in a row and then going to DL, I somehow managed to get myself lost a few times because I had the wrong layout in my subconscious.

To me, Disney is Disney. Each is special in its own way and that is the one thing I really enjoy about experiencing the different parks.

• Minion

As most of y'all suggest, I will try to cut off the comparasion sensor. It will be hard though. It also sucks that Body Wars and Spaceship Earth will be closed, those are probably my favorite EPCOT rides.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan View Post
    GhostHost2,

• Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (different track)
    Actually, BTMR's track in DL and MK are practically identical. They are just a mirror image of each other.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by nycbhh View Post
    Actually, BTMR's track in DL and MK are practically identical. They are just a mirror image of each other.
    Actually, you are not quite correct. WDW's track does not feature the steep drop in the coyote canyon that DL has, and DL's does not have the rickety bumpy bridge track layout of the flooded town in the WDW version. However, they are somewhat similar in many ways as you mentioned...mirror image-wise but not fully 100% similar.
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostHost2
    It also sucks that Body Wars and Spaceship Earth will be closed, those are probably my favorite EPCOT rides.
    Well.. Body Wars has been close for a few years now in case you didn't know... but only reopened briefly during this past Xmas week. Probably that last time it will ever be opened again... who knows.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Body Wars made me want to yack. Loved the set up, hated the ride.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Blog Entries

the convenice of just walking a few hundred feet to get to DCA when I want to ride Tower of Terror.
    Yeah but you have to walk through that terror of a park called DCA just to get to it.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by kcnole View Post
    Yeah but you have to walk through that terror of a park called DCA just to get to it.
    better than having to wait for a Disney bus.