Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Banned User

Brad Rex needs to take a long drive down a short pier..

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974
    Ultimately, there is only one reason why the Imageworks was moved downstairs -- money.

Disney was able to cut 1/3rd the length off the Imgaination ride (something they probably would like to do with all their attractions) AND close off and not maintain the whole second level. That's a win-win situation ... just ask Brad Rex.
    So does this mean that the original ride let guests off upstairs? Sorry, I only rode version 2 once and barely remember it.

• A Real Disney Attraction

No it didn't. Imageworks (In name only) was moved from upstairs to downstairs. It now occupies a portion of the former ride. As mentioned, the 2nd and 3rd versions had a large chunk of the original ride's path removed.
    -Mike

• Social Imagineer

I loved the old ImageWorks. Hours and hours of fun.

OMG, my fave was that Rainbow Tunnel. One time, it actually worked as designed and had a color "assigned" to you which followed you around. But that was not nearly as cool-looking as the random color changes of it not really working, so I'm glad it was not really working almost all the time.

There were mirrors along the sides of the tunnel, just behind the hand-railings. So if you leaned in past the railings, the mirrors would make the rainbow tunnel into a complete cyclonic circle of morphing colorful lights! However, people walking through the tunnel ruined the effect. So ... late at night, we'd put trash cans at both ends of the tunnel and block people from walking through!

So what if the Imagination pavilion no longer shows any?

How many SuperWaltMart shoppers would even notice?

Don't mind me ... just had a bad day ... but I'm right anyway!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: Does anyone remember the "old" Imageworks that was upstairs in Journey Into Imag.?

I could spend all day in the old Imageworks playing. It was my fave area of the park (well, including the original Journey Into Imagination ride). I loved that rainbow tunnel to death!

And when I was a kid that sound hopscotch stuff was the coolest (where you'd step on lit spots on the floor and hear a sound... I think they have that in Innoventions now but it's not as cool).
    As someone else aready posted, there's a new version in the current Imageworks. It's cool but not as cool as the original. But I admit I had fun making the cow moo several times in a row until I started getting dirty looks from other people. LOL!

Also, anyone ever notice in the new "orchestra" things where you wave your hands and make Figment play music, the music is "Just One Spark"? I got so giddy when I suddenly recognized it. I'm a dork like that. LOL!

• Disney Memory Maker

Re: Does anyone remember the "old" Imageworks that was upstairs in Journey Into Imag.

Although I am not a huge fan of the original ride, I definately like the old Imageworks more than the newer version. I don't remember too much about it but I do remember some things and I remember liking the Elevator.

-Michael
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12