Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Website like Visions Fantastic???

Is there a website like visionsfantastic for WDW?

With video of rides and brief history or ride descrptions, old rides and new?

Does anyone happen to know?

• Don't Panic

well, first off, to answer your question: i dont know

but i would say dont hold your breath. if there is, i doubt it would be as good as VF. right before i read this i was just thinking to myself "i wonder if theres a miceage-like site that is more WDW based?" (because, obviously, MA deals more with DL) and then i realized there probably woudnt be for the same reason there may not be a VF-like site. most people who go to WDW, go for a vacation. they go every few years or (the lucky few) once every year. DL is more of a "local hangout" so to speak than WDW. that allows for more of a.......following, i guess.

but, i would really love to be proved wrong, being a WDWer myself.

• Oh DDDD-DEAR, Poor Piglet

WDW Magic sounds like what you are looking for, as I dont know what Visions Fantastic is/was.... They have descriptions of rides and then some, along with video... but to view the video and high quality pics, you have to pay a small subscription fee. The site is also great for news updates on WDW and is another great message board community....

check it out at http://www.wdwmagic.com
    Thank You for dropping by my post. I do hope you enjoyed your stay....

• Banned User

WDWmagic is NOTHING like Visions Fantastic.

I'm sorry, but paying a fee for stuff that should be free really urks me.

Visions Fantastic is amazing, and it has a great layout. WDWmagic, well, it doesn't. WDWmagic does have some GREAT content. But most of it is just general stuff, stuff you could get by e-mailing WDW Guest Relations.

• Oh DDDD-DEAR, Poor Piglet

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    I'm sorry, but paying a fee for stuff that should be free really urks me.
    Well... Some people do not have money plants growing in their backyards in which to offer free video and audio downloads to the thousands of hits they recieve a day. Plus the content is not that bad considering the webmaster is over in England.
    Thank You for dropping by my post. I do hope you enjoyed your stay....

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmybop
    Well... Some people do not have money plants growing in their backyards in which to offer free video and audio downloads to the thousands of hits they recieve a day. Plus the content is not that bad considering the webmaster is over in England.
    It is nice, but I MiceChat!

YAY MiceChat!

I think this is important to say; VF only is able to operate because of private donations. The amount of traffic to WDWMagic is probably ten times what ours is. Even with donations, there's no way we could afford to run VF with that kind of traffic. WDWMagic is a fine website and their videos are top notch and certainly worth the few dollars a month they charge.

• Banned User

Actually, my entire server, with virtually unlimited bandwidth, is fully funded just by the ADs that are placed...

You just have to look hard enough. I think it's wrong to pass the cost of bandwidth on to users of a site. And to charge to see larger versions of Disney Photos, photos that Disney actually holds the copyright to, is just wrong in my opinion. I love WDWmagic, but I do think the whole charging thing for bandwidth is wrong when there is an alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    Actually, my entire server, with virtually unlimited bandwidth, is fully funded just by the ADs that are placed...

You just have to look hard enough. I think it's wrong to pass the cost of bandwidth on to users of a site. And to charge to see larger versions of Disney Photos, photos that Disney actually holds the copyright to, is just wrong in my opinion. I love WDWmagic, but I do think the whole charging thing for bandwidth is wrong when there is an alternative.
    Bill, I certainly understand where you're coming from. Most people (me included) don't have the luxury of having access to their own dedicated server, so we must go with a company for this. Most "unlimited" or "unmetered" webhosts DO have limits in place (usually in their fine print) so these types of hosts are not appropriate for sites like WDWMagic.

Certainly ad revenue can help pay for a smaller website, but larger sites require a lot more bandwidth. VF goes through over a terrabyte a month, for instance.

• Banned User

Ah, see, Magical Ears is only using a tenth of that. (100 gigs a month)

I might do videos eventually and see how well my server does.

Well, I guess I'll wait until I start hosting videos until I start bashing, so I apoligize.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries
    Isn't it sort of illegal to charge people for videos from a company I don't know, that's why i'm asking Also, nothing beats VF, it's top notch quality, and a great layout with easy navigation!

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Banned User

It IS VERY illegal. But he's not charging for the videos, it's for the bandwidth, so it's questionable.

• Banned User

Delaware...hopefully not for that much longer.
    WDWMagic, in my opinion, isn't good enough of a site to really charge just to see photos (you can't enlarge photos without paying).

Thanks guys, and it looks like WDWMagic is the closest I will be getting to an Visions Fantastic of WDW. I really wish you didn't have to pay.

Hey I have an idea, why doesnt someone pay for me then just send me the videos and pics that I wanted? haha.

• I Hug My Tapirs

If you know how to use IRC, you can connect to the IRCHighway server, in the #disney-central room, and there's tons of WDW media there. This thread at WDWMagic has the step-by-step instructions.
    "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast