Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: MK Update for Sat, June 16, 2007

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    One Man's Dream was never in the MK. It was specifically created at MGM for the 100 Years of Magic to celebrate what would have been Walt's 100th birthday.

You're probably thinking of The Walt Disney Story attraction that was in what's now the Expo Hall in Town Square. Widen Your World has an excellent page devoted to this former attraction:

http://www.omniluxe.net/wyw/wds.htm

Yeah. And you know what?

There's plenty of space in the former home of The Walt Disney Story to simply move most of One Man's Dream into it.

I recently was reminded of the fact there are TWO full-size theaters in the old Disney Story complex ... one had most of the seating removed for a 100 Years exhibit, but they could easily be reinstalled or more exhibits from OMD could go there.

That would free up the Studios real estate for something new ... and, frankly, Walt's Story belongs were it was always intended to be ... the MK's Main Street USA.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by JCSkipr79 View Post
    Bill, omg! Elaborate on our new Mansion Q?? We CANNOT STAND That Q! It is a crowd control nightmare and the worst setup. PLEASE PLEASE Say the entrance gate is staying OR moving foward and there will be LESS stanchions????......
    Me senses an Ad-Lib CM.

Well, let's see. The hearse is gone. So that will change things. But as far as the setup of the new queue, your guess is as good as mine. Hopefully though, it will actually make sense.
    -Bill

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Thanks for the news Bill.

On one of the WDW podcasts somebody made a quick comment about the possibility of some of the Cinderella Castle merchandise being moved to the Main Street Cinema.

On the trees I cannot agree more. What's worse is that the lack of shade only makes those stupid spitting figures more popular. I don't go to Disney to be spat at!

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    Thanks for the news Bill.

On one of the WDW podcasts somebody made a quick comment about the possibility of some of the Cinderella Castle merchandise being moved to the Main Street Cinema.

On the trees I cannot agree more. What's worse is that the lack of shade only makes those stupid spitting figures more popular. I don't go to Disney to be spat at!
    I spoke with some of the CMs at the Castle Gallery last week and they say there's no firm plan yet for what will happen once they close to make way for the Jon-Benet Beauty Salon.

They said it's possible the merchandise will move to another location, but it's also possible they won't.

• Closed Account

The hearse is gone.

Ahha! Thx Bill! So is it gone for GOOD? Or being rehabbed to move into the old FP building?

thanks for the update bill i went to the park yesterday and it was alittle bit busy .

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by JCSkipr79 View Post
    The hearse is gone.

Ahha! Thx Bill! So is it gone for GOOD? Or being rehabbed to move into the old FP building?
    I was told it's gone for good. But then again, you know how Imagineers are. They may get rid of that one and build a new one. lol We'll know when we know.
    -Bill

• Closed Account

ahhhhh VEWY INTWESTING, this could mean the Q could move all inside. Is that lovely planter w/ the fountain and roses still there?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by tjcjr View Post
    thanks Bill, so nice to have an "inside man"
    Actually, there are TWO "inside men" that I know of.. and not counting the ones that WDC send here to secretly spy on us. FELLOW FELLAS!!

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by jett View Post
    If WDW's Space Mountain is brought up to similiarity with DL's, won't it be closed for years? It was more than your standard "refurb". A lot more...
    I don't think it will be exactly like Disneyland's. First of all, the building for WDW's SM is probably twice as big as Disneylands. Secondly, I LOVE the MK's SM layout, and would be very upset if it was just a left, left, left, right, right, right, right, right, right, right, left, right layout of Disneyland's version.

I'm hoping what Bill was talking about is an upgrade in "effects" and maybe some smoothing out of the ride.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Also don't forget that Disneyland's Space Mountain track had to be replaced which required a much longer closure.

WDW's track needs to be replaced as well ... the whole attraction needs to be gutted and rebuilt from the ground up (like DL) ... time for this attraction to go from being roller coaster version of the space shuttle to the Aries.

I thought the Cinema was being turned into an indoor playground kind of like the ones at McDonald's. After all,they took out all the trees, so now the precious kiddies are gonna get sun burnt when they want to go to Pooh's Playul Spot. So therefore a new playground is needed. After all, Mommie and Daddie are paying thousands of dollars to come to Disney World, and their kiddies are gonna need a place to burn off all that sugar they are being fed, because god forbid they actually walk rather than ride in the SUV sized strollers.

I love it when the streetmosphere cops on Hollywood Blvd at the Studios give the kids over 5 in strollers "tickets" for being "too lazy to walk" It's hilarious and the parents all think it's "cute".

• The one, the only...

Great report, Bill! I am sadden about the trees. You are right about keeping them for shade. Disney management needs to remember that it is a PARK and not a shopping mall.

As to the wet streets of Fantasyland and the rocky streets of Main Street. Your observation sound logical. Sometimes in a organization the logical gets missed.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Yeah. We all miss the trees.
    -Bill

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast