Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: MK Update for Sat, June 16, 2007

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974 View Post
    WDW's track needs to be replaced as well ... the whole attraction needs to be gutted and rebuilt from the ground up (like DL) ... time for this attraction to go from being roller coaster version of the space shuttle to the Aries.
    maybe im just a disney fan who doesnt go that often, but i enjoyed SM 2 weeks ago on my trip. Could it be smoother- yes! But it was still a sweet attraction. As good as everst- no! How is DL's different besides the soundtrack? I really dont want Red Hot Chilli Peppers songs to SM.....

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by met19 View Post
    maybe im just a disney fan who doesnt go that often, but i enjoyed SM 2 weeks ago on my trip. Could it be smoother- yes! But it was still a sweet attraction. As good as everst- no! How is DL's different besides the soundtrack? I really dont want Red Hot Chilli Peppers songs to SM.....
    One track.
    Different layout.
    Two abreast seating.
    Darker.
    Better effects.
    Soundtrack (RHCP was temporary)
    I'd even include the handicaped access

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

I remember hearing about the Mary Blair characters rumored to be in WDW when they did the refurb as a concept. There even is a pin set that has many of the characters that you can see, and there is a framed pin set that actually shows the characters in the attraction, which came out long before the HKDL version was announced and is listed as "WDI concept."

Here's a link to the framed work.

There are others that are sold separately that are around. I have a 101 Dalamtians one, so there are more than what is pictured here, but I like that it gives you an idea of what the characters will look like. Of course, this is an artist reinterpretation of the actual plans, and the plan was a concept to begin with, so things change, but you get the idea.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

A few miles from where Disney's America should have been

On the one hand, I'm glad to see that they're doing something in MK, and not just sitting static. On the other hand, it looks like they're doing some of the wrong things (i.e., removing trees). But some of these changes sound good, or have the potential to be good. It's just a shame they won't commit the money to do it all the right way.

And I agree with WDW1974, as much as I enjoy the nostalgic rush of the current Space Mtn, they really need to gut it and re-do it from scratch. I've said before, I think they need to prioritize that before building any new E-ticket in MK.
    "I'm working on changing Hollywood...at the studio that fired me twice."
    --John Lasseter

• I was deleted.

Seriously, as an old fart who has no clue what VMK is ... nor cares about it ... I don't see why any prime real estate needs to be wasted for this.

I like my magic real, not virtual anyway.

But maybe they can just close it and not replace it with anything. That's what Disney does best in Florida.
    Well, VMK (or Virtual Magic Kingdom) is a free online multi-player game that started out of Disneyland's marketing budget for the 50th celebration. It has grown in popularity and now includes Walt Dsiney World almost just as much. The game's producers recently announced that the In-Park aspect of the game relating to Disneyland will close, if it hasn't already.

You see, you can complete In-Park quests for virtual prizes and that aspect is leaving Disneyland's Tomorrowland. This is sad since they just re-did the kiosk - but I can see how this can be an issue over there - especially with staffing it. So with that being said, it leaving Walt Disney World is a possibilty. However, it DOES get guests to go to the parks and kids (the tweens it's targeted to 8-14) to think about going to a Disney park and how "cool" it really can be. At least, that's the hope...

• Creative Director

And with this week's WDI restructuring, I've got serious doubts about how things are going to play out in the future for this park.
    Any news at to when we may hear about what happened in that meeting?
    I know, I know...had to ask. =)

So far, Tony Baxter in charge of DL. Bob W in charge of DCA.

I heard Tom Fitzgerald was in charge of WDW and Paris, but then I read Eric Jacobson was in charge of MK, Epcot, and MGM.
    Confused there?

That meeting must have really been something if folks haven't spoken on it much yet. =)

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

We try to stay as quiet as we can about it. Some people's jobs can be at stake! lol
    -Bill

• Former Epcot CM

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    We try to stay as quiet as we can about it. Some people's jobs can be at stake! lol
    Thats what Personal Messages are for, Bill.
    Last edited by Speedway; 06-19-2007 at 01:54 AM.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• I'll Break your Thumbs!!

Bill,

Awesome update... thanks!!!!

I really hope the major redo happens with SM. After riding 2.0 in DL and then riding SM in WDW 2 weeks ago, I was highly disappointed.

As for the HM, boy I hope they add all that stuff you mentioned.

You know the one ride I wish would get a redo are the race cars in tomorrow land. They dont really fit the theme of TM, and they should make them real go-carts, no annoying track. I know, I know, then the kids cant ride... but whatever, let them ride with mom or dad. Or just update the rails or something so the cars dont bounce off them ever 3secs.

• World Traveler

Thanks for the update. I'm all for adding the Disney characters to IASW!

Wow, fantastic update! Thanks for all of the juicy info!

In my opinion adding some classic Disney animated characters to "it's a small world" would be a great idea. I think it would work very well theming-wise and really give a bit of new life to the old ride. Plus, think of the merchandising opportunities!

Now, as for the refurbs... I think Space Mountain needs a refurb before Jungle Cruise does, but hey, if they're both being done in the near-future, I'm okay with it. Space Mountain needs more of an effects upgrade/smoothing of track... it needs a total demolition of the track and a brand new one in its space (a single, longer track would be awesome). The thing it needs most is a soundtrack... that's what I loved about the Disneyland version!

The Haunted Mansion info sounds interesting, but I really hope the hearse isn't gone for good; that was a really clever effect! All of the other possible updates I've been hearing about sound great... as long as they adjust the lighting and the audio (esp. in the Graveyard) I'll be a happy camper.

Glad to hear VMK Central is getting a new home. I actually do play the game (in fact, I own a fan site on VMK), so this is good news. I think it'll fit much better into the Tomorrowland Arcade. (Hopefully they'll replace those awful keyboards currently featured at the Cinema...)

-Skip

• Creative Director

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    haha...I completely understand that. I didn't say where or from whom I heard about it, but I mean so, so many other things are leaked/talked about eventually (I mean, who or what is really safe when it comes to the online community ), I thought maybe something about that might get said too. But some don't want to say anything quite yet, so I totally understand. Like I said, it must have been one hell of a meeting for folks to say it happened and not want to say anything else...as of yet.

• Closed Account

hold everything!!! There are NOW reports that the Sinister 11 are now at, yes, MGM, at the paint shop. Which means..............
    Are they comming back if they are in a refurbishment facility?? Bill, whats going on!!!????

• Creative Director

^what's the Sinister 11?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by tcsnwhite View Post
    ^what's the Sinister 11?
    Eisner, Pressler, Harris, DisneyInquisitor... and the rest of them.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast