Question Liberty Tree Tavern during MNSSHP

Going to WDW sept/oct 2007 and have reserved tickets for MNSSHP. Staying at Contemp. Resort. Not planning to visit MK during daytime (on that day!)

Think I read somewhere about making reservations at Liberty Tree Tavern 'round 5:30 - 6 PM and then after dinner walk straight out to the 'Party', instead of having to wait in line for the opening at 7.
    Any experience/thoughts?

If that is still true, how do you get in during the time they're trying to empty MK?
    And is it still a character-meal even though the park is "empty"?

• Why can't you tune a fish

Re: Liberty Tree Tavern during MNSSHP

Quote Originally Posted by OldBlueEyes View Post
    Going to WDW sept/oct 2007 and have reserved tickets for MNSSHP. Staying at Contemp. Resort. Not planning to visit MK during daytime (on that day!)

Think I read somewhere about making reservations at Liberty Tree Tavern 'round 5:30 - 6 PM and then after dinner walk straight out to the 'Party', instead of having to wait in line for the opening at 7.
    Any experience/thoughts?

If that is still true, how do you get in during the time they're trying to empty MK?
    And is it still a character-meal even though the park is "empty"?

The park is hardly empty. They don't kick everyone out and then let them back in. If you are there beforehand, you just get your wristband and stay. You could just skip the reservations, come in a 5:00 and hang around for the party.

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

• I was deleted.

It's nice to dine there, but you don't have to by any means. Feel free to get there early for the party though!! I LOVE the party and that dining location - so I'm probably not the best one to ask. But if one of your main reasons for dining there is to see characters, you can easily do that during the Halloween party. If you decide not to dine, your other option is Pecos Bills until Cosmic Rays opens up a bit later.

• Minion

Unless they changed things they do toss you out because there is something like an hour between park closing and party start.

But you can do the dining ressies.
    ďAny sequel three or higher..... around number five they get a new cast, thatís when the magic really happens": Modern Family

Quote Originally Posted by tiggerfan View Post
    Unless they changed things they do toss you out because there is something like an hour between park closing and party start.

But you can do the dining ressies.

The didn't toss me or my kids out last October.

We were in the park all day, at around 6:00 we headed to the lockers where they changed into costumes, and back into the mix we went.

We got out wrist bands around 6:00 or so.

There were a LOT of people in the park between 6 and 7. Many many many people just stayed in the park.

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

• Circle of Ancients

They didn't toss us out last year either. We got there about 6:00, had dinner at Pecos Bills and by the time we got out the party was in full swing.

And wasn't very busy AT ALL.

Yeah, they changed it in 2006 and did not empty the park. A lot of people on other WDW boards were quite upset about it. I liked the special "feel" of making everyone leave while you anxiously await a cool after-hours event.

Of course, I should have a special "feel" when I'm slapping down $40 for 3 hours, but that's just my opinion .
    "When entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible. Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic." -Sam Eagle

"I may have invented these bifocals I'm wearing, but I can assure you they're not rose-colored" -Ben Franklin, The American Adventure

• Geoff London

Ok we are going to the Not So Scary Party on October 31st. We have dinner ressies for 5:30 p.m. at Liberty Tree Tavern. 2 questions:

1. We have tickets for the evening so where do we exchange these for the wristbands?

2. We want to go in costume - we can change in the bathrooms. I know kids can wear Disney character costumes but what's the ruling on adults wearing them (in case they get confused for real characters)?

Oh! And as we are paying over $40 each I wanna feel special too.
    Now I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic !

Quote Originally Posted by geoffa View Post
    Ok we are going to the Not So Scary Party on October 31st. We have dinner ressies for 5:30 p.m. at Liberty Tree Tavern. 2 questions:

1. We have tickets for the evening so where do we exchange these for the wristbands?

2. We want to go in costume - we can change in the bathrooms. I know kids can wear Disney character costumes but what's the ruling on adults wearing them (in case they get confused for real characters)?

Oh! And as we are paying over $40 each I wanna feel special too.
    1) At the wristband stations Seriously, the one we used was by the rose garden. I think guest relations was also doing it, as were two or so other areas. Any CM should know. If you have ever get EMH wristbands, its the same process.

2) If I remember, any costume is OK as long as a) it is in good taste and not offensive and b) it does not have a "head". So you could be Tigger, and as long as you don't have your face covered like a character, you should be OK.

3) I can see the appeal of emptying the park and only letting in the "special" people. But I also like the idea that I do not have to make that walk to exit, then wait for an hour, and the come back in through the gates.

-dave

How do you get tickets to MNSSHP. Can you ride rides during the party?

• Geoff London

All the details you need, dates etc and the telephone number to call are on:

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw...ecialEventPage

Yes, you can ride throughout the evening and the obvious one is Haunted Mansion. Its about seeing the ingenious costumes - a friend of mine went as a Fastpass machine a couple of years ago. Its about collecting candy - don't worry - there's plenty. It's about seeing the Halloween fireworks show and, of course, the special parade (which happens twice as is less crowded at the second showing) in the late evening. A headless horseman gallops through the park - I can't wait!!!!
    Now I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic !

• Circle of Ancients

MNSSHP is seriously a GREAT event.

As for wearing costumes during park opening, if you go the park anytime after 4:00 they pretty much know your there for the event, and they will generally be okay with the costume.