Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: What's New at Star Wars Weekend?

yes it is i love Star Tours in French .

it is just different and understandable for those of you who took french classes in your childhood .

That would be interesting to ride Star Tours in Japanese at TDL but TDLFAN can talk about it i think.

Quote Originally Posted by nathan detroit View Post
    Hey you lot! Stop your griping!

My 'local' Disney Park - DLP - doesn't even have SW weekends!

And we have to put up with Star Tours in French!

Pah!
    DLP is not focused on any Star Wars Weekends because it is manage by Euro Disney SCA bla bla bla lol

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by nathan detroit View Post
    My 'local' Disney Park - DLP - doesn't even have SW weekends!
    LUCKY YOU IN PARIS!!!

And we have to put up with Star Tours in French!

Pah!
    ...And why is that bad? I listed to Star Tours in Japanese as well from time to time and that does not bother me in the least. French is fine as well.... One commonality among all Star Tours though... "HYPERSPEED!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by DLRP_bopazot View Post
    DLP is not focused on any Star Wars Weekends because it is manage by Euro Disney SCA bla bla bla lol
    Or mismanaged as the case may be ...

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    French is fine as well.... One commonality among all Star Tours though... "HYPERSPEED!!!"
    See, I'm learning more French via MC already. First Piglet, now this.

• out & about

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan View Post
    The merch (clothing at least) is only going to end up at the Cast tent sale again and at Property Control, etc. like the other special merch does.
    Luckily this weekend (and I didnt know they did this) all the merch was ON SALE! Youe heard me right, ON SALE. A lot of stuff was 50% off. It seemed weird but its the truth. I statched up some stuff for a friend of mine back home and ended up saving more than $40 (afterthe sale discount + my CM discount). So good times. If this stuff ends up at Property Control it'll be a Star Wars Christmas in July for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    ...Personally, I think this event has finally run out of fuel... WDW events do not offer nothing new and fresh from one year to the next, reason why I simply don't care much for them.
    I Kind of agree. If they dont do anything to 1-up themselves from years past the whole thing gets stale. Especially if youve experienced these types of events multiple times. I like/love the idea of SWW but they need enfuse them each year with new ideas and activities/experiences/merch that makes each year special. It seemed especially lame this year because I think our expectations were higher and in turn we were offered lesss than in years past.

Keep it going because first time visitors will get a kick out of it (like you and me on our first visits). But for the repeaters (and im sure theres a lot of us out there) the whole weekend could use a little umph! Maybe just 1 giant star-studded action paked weekend is in order instead of draggin it out over an entire month.
    "There's no off position on the genius switch"

WplusK.com
    http://twitter.com/WRDinc

I'm not sure one star filled weekend would do it, think of the crowds! yikes! maybe the same stars everyweekend? although that wouldn't be much fun for people who go every weekend. I think what you said about high expectations and less offerings is probably true, maybe all it needs is different props/activities each year, and a list of things/locations to do ahead of time, instead of a cheap park map that you have to hunt for. ex: I don't normally do backlot tour, but read on another message board that there was a snow speeder and other SW props there this year. would have gone on if i had known. I also understand that they can't garuntee certain character experiences, but the cm's have an appearence schedule that they'll share with you if you ask nicely, how bout making that available, with subject to change and a not garunteed disclaimer. I had no idea Darth Maul was available for photo ops, and this was my fourth year!!!! (altough it seems its pouring rain each time we go which seriously limits character interaction)

• Fightin' Texas Aggie

Quote Originally Posted by WRDup View Post
    Luckily this weekend (and I didnt know they did this) all the merch was ON SALE! Youe heard me right, ON SALE. A lot of stuff was 50% off. It seemed weird but its the truth. I statched up some stuff for a friend of mine back home and ended up saving more than $40 (afterthe sale discount + my CM discount). So good times. If this stuff ends up at Property Control it'll be a Star Wars Christmas in July for sure.
    It was like that last summer too. The last day(maybe even the entire last weekend) of Star Wars Weekends, most of the year-marked merchandise goes on sale. I got a $25 logo shirt for $11.99 and the $25 official poster for $12. It's great.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12