Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

Blog Entries

Cinderella's Royal Table

Ok so I just called to make a priority seating arrangement for this and I was informed that there was no way to pay cash for this. They will charge my credit card for it now. What is someone supposed to due if they have very limited funds on the credit card and can't have it charged... Also I don't want the entire party on my Credit Card... I am beginning to doubt if this meal is worth the headache... GRRRR.... What should I do?
    Please help me raise money for children's hospitals by clicking the extra life image.

• Why can't you tune a fish

Re: Cinderella's Royal Table

Quote Originally Posted by Snow_White_Raven View Post
    Ok so I just called to make a priority seating arrangement for this and I was informed that there was no way to pay cash for this. They will charge my credit card for it now. What is someone supposed to due if they have very limited funds on the credit card and can't have it charged... Also I don't want the entire party on my Credit Card... I am beginning to doubt if this meal is worth the headache... GRRRR.... What should I do?

Are you sure they charged it up front? I though they put a hold on mine when I went, but then again I may be wrong

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

I believe they only take credit cards. Last year, I made seating arrangement for my sister's 20 birthday at the castle and I paid for it with my credit card. The tip, meal, and photo are all included in the price for the party. I thought that the castle was worth it since I have never ate in it before and it was very special for my sister. When are you eating? If it is at night, you can see the fireworks from the windows in Fantastyland with the soundtrack.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

You were able to make a reservation? Wow, your very lucky.

All your really paying for is the location and if your just looking for the same characters and the location isn't important I recommend doing the Princess Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner at Akhershus in Norway at Epcot. Less money, almost the same princesses and easier to get into.

Either way good luck!

• Minion

Blog Entries

I am going in October for the MC Invasion... But I am showing up a couple of days before they are... I am trying to go on a very strict budget and I am now trying to decide if this is really worth it to vear from the budget a little...
    Please help me raise money for children's hospitals by clicking the extra life image.

I am going in October for the MC Invasion... But I am showing up a couple of days before they are... I am trying to go on a very strict budget and I am now trying to decide if this is really worth it to vear from the budget a little...
    At dinner, last year we only got Cinderella, the two girl mice, and Fairy Godmother.

For me it was not. For my two kids - you bet it was.

We have done princesses at Norway as well. The Castle is a bit more pomp than Norway. We did breakfast at the castle. I remember making the comment that for this price Cinderella had better come over, sit on my lap, and spoon feed me. (That did not happen ). The breakfast fare was not anything special. I told my kids to fill their pockets with bacon and we would eat it during the day to make up the cost (that did not happen either, why does nobody like my ideas ?)

Unless its somthing you have always wanted to do, or you have small kids that are into Cinderella with you, I would opt out. But thats just me.

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

• World Traveler

I don't think it's worth it. There are better and less expensive restaurants in the resort.

• back to WDW in January

First off, here is the new policy for reservations

" ...effective February 1, 2006, payment in full is required at time of booking for breakfast and lunch and dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table. If you do not have a credit card, the reservation cannot be made."

Secondly, a meal at Cinderellas used to be a true Royal experience. The wait staff was genuine, attentive and totally in character. We were all Princes or Princesses, Lords or Lady's. It was a treat to be sitting in a castle and really feel as though you were a special part of the atmosphere. The food was delicious and much more reasonably priced for what you got. And you could relax and simply enjoy the view. Cinderella held court in the waiting area downstairs and you were able to spend a few private moments with her before or after dinner.
    Now it is a character meal in a noisy, interactive setting that really takes away from the authentic castle experience and feels way too rushed with the quality of the food being just Ok at best.
    Sorry but I would no longer recommend this restaurant to anyone.
    Last edited by tjcjr; 06-20-2007 at 10:26 AM.

try seeing if they can put this on your hotel bill and then pay cash at the desk.

Good luck

• Geoff London

Cinderella's Royal Table is subject to Disney's cancellation policy. If you cancel without sufficent notice then you will be charged a penalty - this why they insist on a credit card to make the resrvation. To quote:
    "Character Breakfast will start requiring a credit card at time of booking as of June 9th [2002]. They will require the lead name not be changed and a deposit of $10.00 per adult and $5.00 per child will be charged at time of booking. All reservations must have the credit card to make the reservation and no names may be transferred to the reservation once it is booked. The cancellation policy is you may cancel 24 hrs before your Priority Seating without losing your deposit paid and your credit card will be credited the deposit. To cancel you must call 407-WDW-DINE."

If you do cancel there will be more than enough people waiting to take your place.
    Now I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic !

• Geoff London

Quote Originally Posted by speedemon View Post
    try seeing if they can put this on your hotel bill and then pay cash at the desk.

Good luck
    Why not just pay the money into the credit card account?

Quote Originally Posted by tjcjr View Post
    First off, here is the new policy for reservations

" ...effective February 1, 2006, payment in full is required at time of booking for breakfast and lunch and dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table. If you do not have a credit card, the reservation cannot be made."

Secondly, a meal at Cinderellas used to be a true Royal experience. The wait staff was genuine, attentive and totally in character. We were all Princes or Princesses, Lords or Lady's. It was a treat to be sitting in a castle and really feel as though you were a special part of the atmosphere. The food was delicious and much more reasonably priced for what you got. And you could relax and simply enjoy the view. Cinderella held court in the waiting area downstairs and you were able to spend a few private moments with her before or after dinner.
    Now it is a character meal in a noisy, interactive setting that really takes away from the authentic castle experience and feels way too rushed with the quality of the food being just Ok at best.
    Sorry but I would no longer recommend this restaurant to anyone.
    Heh, I must have just missed that. We were last there in the first week of Feb 2006.

Cinderella held court, and you did get to vist, and you did get a picture, and the wait staff was attentive and it was

Bacon
    Sausage
    Mickey Waffles
    Industrial Fruit
    Industrial Pastries
    Industrial Scrambled Eggs
    Industrial Potatoes

All served family style. You cannot make that sort of stuff an "experence" to be remembered. I am not asking for truffled quail eggs with oestra caviar for breakfast (or maybe I am) but at least make the effort for the price I am paying.

-dave

Quote Originally Posted by geoffa View Post
    They will require the lead name not be changed and a deposit of $10.00 per adult and $5.00 per child will be charged at time of booking. All reservations must have the credit card to make the reservation and no names may be transferred to the reservation once it is booked.

Thats to get rid of the ebay problems.

-dave

• Geoff London

I think the important thing about this event is not so much the food (although adults do want to be fed) as more to where you are, who you will meet etc and that's very important to a little girl who is into Cinderella. OK you can meet Cindy at 1900 Park Lane or at the Princess event at EPCOT's Norway but it won't be in HER castle will it? As a one off I'd do it for the child's sake but I probably wouldn't repeat the experience.
    It was much better when it was King Stefan's banquet and not so orientated towards young girls. Then everyone could enjoy it and it wasn't the rowdy bun fight that it is now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast