Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Walt Disney World has a Great looking Thunder Mountain and Splash Mountain and Haunted Mansion and you'd think they would have a better looking Small World.

I was wrong

Okay, now after seeing the photo someone posted, I retract my earlier post. I don't love the new look, but it appears to be better than it was before. I guess I was thinking of the interior of the Tokyo Disneyland Small World, which has more attractive artwork than Disney World used to.

SW Rehab

I really like it. Too bad they couldn't do it outside, but the way the land is laid out doesn't make it possible. The whole Fantasyland has the renaissance tent feel to it so it is better to be on the inside. Anything is better than the god awful outdated children's photos and the orange sun on the roof.
    Can't wait to see it in December. It will be different coming in the exit and leaving through the entrance. Interesting.

Thanks for the great photos.

Quote Originally Posted by Herc
    I really like it. Too bad they couldn't do it outside, but the way the land is laid out doesn't make it possible. The whole Fantasyland has the renaissance tent feel to it so it is better to be on the inside. Anything is better than the god awful outdated children's photos and the orange sun on the roof.
    Can't wait to see it in December. It will be different coming in the exit and leaving through the entrance. Interesting.

Thanks for the great photos.
    yeah, maybe WDW should remake their fantasyland now, they've already got the best Tomorrowland (for now at least)

it would be interesting to have a new theme there and see what they could come up with

are they improving anything else in the WDW small world before it reopens?

wow ----- just wow

(no, not wow as is WOW!)

• Banned User

Tons of photos (Including the ones posted above) can be found at http://www.magicalears.com/destinati...Small%20World/

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by rocketrodryan
    Walt Disney World has a Great looking Thunder Mountain and Splash Mountain and Haunted Mansion and you'd think they would have a better looking Small World.

Rocketrodryan is right.

• Miranda Lambert and Me!

Quote Originally Posted by Jspider
    are they improving anything else in the WDW small world before it reopens?

It is a total remake. They striped everything out and are redoing it at the moment. I will try to find some pics of how it looked after it was striped.
    Listen to me on the radio!

us101country.com Fridays- 9p-12m ET and Saturdays- 7p-10p ET

981thelegend.com Monday-Friday - 12m-6a ET

rock105.net Sundays - 10p-12m ET

You can also visit my DJ blog HERE!
    Also, I have a Myspace- CLICK HERE

All the parks have different version of the rides, but Small World was a huge disappointment for me when I went in 2002.

I anticipated liking the waterfilled rooms edge to edge like Pirates, but found that it made everything seem very harsh (the music was bouncing off the walls and the water), and the water color was dark. I much prefer the smaller, clear water canals at Disneyland and the smaller, well lit, design-filled, compacter rooms.

And the facade at WDW was a huge, crushing disappointment. What were they thinking?

I'm so glad that they are refurbing this ride. I can't imagine that they could make it any worse. The queue construction looks like it will be much more warm and welcoming. We'll see ...

• Banned User

the queue is getting reversed from what you remember.... the entrance is now the exit.. and exit the new entrance to help smooth out the traffic pattern in Fantasyland....

The facade outside looks the same.... interior as you see...more like DL's....

The animatronic "doom" dolls are going to all work.. and they are adding a few new ones...

the rooms will be well lit now... and the soundsystem will be improved.....

and to top it all.. new boats...

So this is going to be similar and yet a new experance at WDW.... Hiopefully it wont be as bad of a experance as before...

Found this pic of IASW after it was stripped. If you don't believe this is IASW then look at the archway they left in the bottom!!!!!

Notice: This pic is from earlier in time. The photos earlier in the thread is more up to date!!!!!

• Banned User

Thats waht i saw when i pieked through cracks last time i went... new roof, wall was stripped bare.... nothing was the same... (the construction wal doesn't meet the walls perfect... and this their are acracks near the floor and mid of the walls near the olde exit and entrance to the ride..)

This was back when they first started working on it... EEP!!! It's looks so sad!

Was all of that dirt in the bottom of the water, or is that where they tore yp the concrete under it?!?!?!!?!?

• Banned User

if you look to the right... there looks to be part of the canal still... so i guess thats the dugged up canal?? (to get a new foundation and get to wiring??)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast